Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444003 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #915 on: August 22, 2019, 01:42:38 pm »
And as many on here can attest to, if you have the opportunity to park yourself next to a Julian for a few cold ones over a few hours, you should definitely jump at it.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #916 on: August 22, 2019, 01:44:42 pm »
like to have a beer with
I do think this is how Republicans judge as they would prefer an everyman to a know-it-all

Trump is an everyman, and not a know-it-all?

nkotb

« Reply #917 on: August 22, 2019, 01:46:22 pm »
I put him as a No because I could see one of two things happening:

1) We start talking about punk music, and then I realize he's sort of superficially into it and I get bummed out, or;

2) We start talking about punk music and I realize he's way into it but in a non-compatible way and it annoys me.

Agreed about the president thing, though.

I feel Beto would be super fun to drink with, just a terrible President.

Space Freely

« Reply #918 on: August 22, 2019, 01:53:06 pm »
Does anybody read the political forum on DCUM?

This is how one person there explained the appeal of Trump:

I will say as a someone who does not support trump but does identify as on the center-right, I find it appealing. He speaks plainly. We’ve had a lot of smart people mismanage a lot of important things. Someone who isn’t particularly intellectual just sort of feels appealing, even if I know in my head that it’s probably best for the president to be smart.

gavroche

« Reply #919 on: August 22, 2019, 02:06:04 pm »

I will say as a someone who does not support trump but does identify as on the center-right, I find it appealing. He speaks plainly. We’ve had a lot of smart people mismanage a lot of important things. Someone who isn’t particularly intellectual just sort of feels appealing, even if I know in my head that it’s probably best for the president to be smart.

I'm willing to grant all of that.  But he still seems like he'd be a horrible bore to drink with.  Thin skinned, and egotistical. One of those guys who tells long stories about himself and than you'd have to watch every word that you said, less he took offense. 

Space Freely

« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2019, 02:13:43 pm »

I'm willing to grant all of that.  But he still seems like he'd be a horrible bore to drink with.  Thin skinned, and egotistical. One of those guys who tells long stories about himself and than you'd have to watch every word that you said, less he took offense.

Plus, he doesn't drink. I want a moderate drinker as my president.

I think you give Trump too much credit. You're talking about Trump from 10 years ago. Now, I think he's a dementia ridden old man who repeats simple taking points and can't  string together a coherent sentence, even about himself.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #921 on: August 22, 2019, 04:29:17 pm »
We’ve had a lot of smart people mismanage a lot of important things.

instead, now we have idiots mismanaging everything.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2019, 07:50:20 pm »
I knew it was Morning Consult...just grabbed the wrong link: https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

Bernie Sanders maintained his position as America’s most popular senator, with 64 percent of voters in his state approving of him
that isn't nation wide

hutch

« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2019, 07:55:27 pm »
Still trying huh?

His popularity in Vermont has zero to do with his likability nationwide

If he was running for President of Vermont he would be the odds on favorite

He is in deep trouble

Running against only Hillary is very different than running against so many other solid candidates

nkotb

« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2019, 09:07:11 pm »
Hutch can you read?

hutch

« Reply #925 on: August 22, 2019, 09:16:43 pm »
Yeah...can you?

It seems like you are having trouble with reading comprehension

I mean I cited likability as being important and you come back with his popularity in Vermont?

So ducking what? It’s an incredibly liberal state and he has been the Senator for them for decades..he wouldn’t be re-elected if he wasn’t popular

That doesn’t make him likable on a national level

I personally detest him
You want a cookie?

nkotb

« Reply #926 on: August 22, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »
I take what I said back...maybe there where too many posts for you to keep up.  I'll try again.

I knew it was Morning Consult...just grabbed the wrong link: https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

Bernie Sanders maintained his position as America’s most popular senator, with 64 percent of voters in his state approving of him
that isn't nation wide
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:28:04 pm by nkotb »

hutch

« Reply #927 on: August 22, 2019, 10:02:57 pm »
Explain what you are trying to say...posting a link to a bunch of charts doesn’t say anything

« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2019, 09:42:11 am »
 Seth Moulton drops out and I feel fine
 ...what's that 21 left?
slack

hutch

« Reply #929 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:14 am »
Who?