Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444198 times)

Space Freely

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #930 on: August 23, 2019, 09:47:17 am »
Who?

Isn't he an SNL cast member? (Seth Moulton)

« Reply #931 on: August 23, 2019, 10:14:46 am »
Who?
Looks like Moulton could do the Henry Rollins bio-pic
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #932 on: August 23, 2019, 10:44:03 am »
i, don't trust guys who walk around with the top two buttons, unbuttoned, on their button downs.

Space Freely

« Reply #933 on: August 23, 2019, 10:50:04 am »
i, don't trust guys who walk around with the top two buttons, unbuttoned, on their button downs.

How about if they do it sitting down?

WALKonBack

« Reply #934 on: August 23, 2019, 11:02:03 am »
sloppy . . . as in sloppy, seconds . . . at the table.

hutch

« Reply #935 on: August 23, 2019, 02:32:33 pm »

« Reply #936 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »
interesting article....I've always said Trump's greatest accomplishment will be he got everyone talking about the government, how it runs, what the rules are and should they change. Conservatives, liberals and those in between... all of them are more vested and interested in what is going on than ever before.  Now I feel it's mostly about liberal tears on the one side, but they are still learning more about Civics since they were in elementary school.

I do think people didn't realize the gravity of that election and that sucks and the impacts will be long lasting (especially in the courts)  But I gotta imagine that voter turnout in 2020 will be tremendous.  I'm confident it will set records.  I think that will also have a great impact in all other seats of government in that election too.  I know hubris...gotta watch it

three years later the pain has led to something else: A "Trumplash," a ferocious backlash against the President that's boosted progressives and weakened conservatives in several ways.

He's pushed more progressives to get involved in politics.

His denigration of women inadvertently helped inspire a record number of women running for the House in the 2018 midterms.

His immigration policies ensure that Latinos, the nation's second-largest ethnic group, now lean decisively toward the Democratic party.
Trump also helped do something else that Obama couldn't. He revived the Obama Coalition, the group of young voters, women and racial minorities that first put Obama in office.

Trump has taken away one of the most effective weapons used by racists -- plausible deniability,
Kruse told me.
"Racist policies work better when they don't seem to be racist," Kruse said. "If you could give voters in the middle some plausible deniability that this isn't about race -- 'I don't believe in segregation, I believe in neighborhood schools; it's not voter suppression, it's voter integrity' -- If you put a more positive spin on it, it invites more people in who don't see this policy as racist.
"Once the veneer comes off, a lot of people in the middle will shy away," he added. "Trump has taken away the veneer."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:55:27 pm by Vassal - hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #937 on: August 23, 2019, 02:58:51 pm »
Just not convinced about Latino vote shifting...is there any evidence?

Remember many Latinos come from cultures that traditionally have strongmen as leaders, that Latinos here legally are probably the number one group adversely affected by illegal immigrants (taking their jobs), that Latinos benefit from the stronger economy and that Trump has done everything to get strong support from the critical Latino subgroup of Cuban Americans (Florida Florida Florida)

Logic tells us Latinos should hate Trump more than previous Republican leaders but what do the facts say

On the flip side I have to believe Trump has lost support among Puerto Ricans

Also even if we accept he loses some Latino support he may make it up by driving white and black support up with his anti Latino rhetoric and action
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 03:06:13 pm by hutch »

« Reply #938 on: August 23, 2019, 03:02:49 pm »
you forgot to add that Latinos tend to be more religious/anti-abortion...a republican centerpiece
slack

hutch

« Reply #939 on: August 23, 2019, 03:04:20 pm »
Well I thought it!

« Reply #940 on: August 23, 2019, 03:14:22 pm »
Cuban Americans (Florida Florida Florida)
I knew there were a lot and are influential...but just read As of the 2010 U.S. Census, there are 1.2 million people of cuban decent in Florida!

but to add to that
 estimated 1.2 million Puerto Ricans now live in Florida, a population that rivals the number of Cubans

I don't think that many from PR are going to vote for trump

also think of all those Felons too!

FL BLUE all the way!
slack

hutch

« Reply #941 on: August 23, 2019, 03:58:23 pm »
We heard the huge recent influx of Puerto Ricans would sway FL in D direction but it did not in 2018

Skeptical about FL

Anyways biggest news is RBG continuing to fight pancreatic cancer....another vacancy filled by Trump would be something

Why she did not retire early in Obama’s second term I will never understand

hutch

« Reply #942 on: August 23, 2019, 04:00:46 pm »
It should go without saying pancreatic cancer has a low five year survival rate

« Reply #943 on: August 23, 2019, 05:08:28 pm »
Anyways biggest news is RBG continuing to fight pancreatic cancer....
saw a great quote from her

"There was a senator..after my pancreatic cancer, who announced w/great glee that I was going to be dead within 6 months," Ginsburg said. "That senator, whose name I have forgotten, is now himself dead, and I," she added with a smile, "am very much alive."
slack

« Reply #944 on: August 23, 2019, 05:15:25 pm »
Who?

Isn't he an SNL cast member? (Seth Moulton)
this is some funny shit

@realDonaldTrump
The Dow is down 573 points perhaps on the news that Representative Seth Moulton, whoever that may be, has dropped out of the 2020 Presidential Race!
slack