Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 435595 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #975 on: August 28, 2019, 11:34:37 am »
Isakson retiring in GA due to Parkinsons. Time for Stacy Abrams to wake from her slumber.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:36:52 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #976 on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:49 pm »
Isakson retiring in GA due to Parkinsons. Time for Stacy Abrams to wake from her slumber.
totally...she appears to have a lot of support in the state
I do admire her push to get more people voting....but this seems like opportunity knocking LOUDLY
special election in 2020 for this seat

Didn't seem like there was a possibility of the Dems taking the senate 2020...but the likelihood is increasing
Now if we could just figure out a way to DitchMitch
slack

gavroche

« Reply #977 on: August 28, 2019, 04:02:25 pm »
I do admire her push to get more people voting....but this seems like opportunity knocking LOUDLY

Didn't seem like there was a possibility of the Dems taking the senate 2020...but the likelihood is increasing

Just generally bad news for the Dems that Abrams isn't running.  If she were on the ticket it would put both Senate seats and the electoral college votes in play because she would drag everyone else up. Without her, they better to find someone charismatic quick.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:34:24 pm by gavroche »

Space Freely

« Reply #978 on: August 28, 2019, 04:06:52 pm »

Just generally bad news for the Dems that Abrams isn't running.  If she were on the ticket it would put both Senate seats and the electoral college votes in play because she would drag everyone else up. Without her, they better need to find someone charismatic quick.

I was going to randomly suggest a Georgia sports hero, like Herschel Walker. But turns out he's a Republican.

« Reply #979 on: August 28, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »
draft jimmy carter?
slack

nkotb

« Reply #980 on: August 28, 2019, 05:35:29 pm »
Gillibrand out

gavroche

« Reply #981 on: August 28, 2019, 05:36:46 pm »
Gillibrand out

I thought she was going to be much more formidable then she ended up being.

« Reply #982 on: August 28, 2019, 05:42:08 pm »
Gillibrand out

I thought she was going to be much more formidable then she ended up being.

Apparently
the troglodyte cretin, Franken-loving garbage wing of the party
has more power than we thought

But I agree, thought she was a top 10 candidate for sure
just something very fake and awkward in her appearances and internal promotion stuff
slack

« Reply #983 on: August 28, 2019, 05:45:25 pm »
Without her, they better need to find someone charismatic quick.
Guys, super flattered but I just cannot move to Georgia and run for the Senate right now.
LVMH

« Reply #984 on: August 28, 2019, 05:56:33 pm »
Guys, super flattered but I just cannot move to Georgia and run for the Senate right now.
wow best idea ever for latest chapter in "what crazy thing can we get a bordie to do"

I'm in for $50
slack

nkotb

« Reply #985 on: August 28, 2019, 05:59:15 pm »
I don't know if you can blame her lack of momentum on the pro-Franken folks.  I kind of feel that's an online only phenomenon, though I could be wrong.  I have no thoughts or feelings about Gillebrand at all, before or after this primary, but I really can't recall a single thing she did as part of it.  At least duds like Delaney or Hickenlooper stood out, though for negative reasons.

Space Freely

« Reply #986 on: August 28, 2019, 06:02:31 pm »

gavroche

« Reply #987 on: August 28, 2019, 11:35:18 pm »

Next time, can you please correct my obvious grammar mistakes when quoting me?  Ugh, that made me cringe.

gavroche

« Reply #988 on: August 28, 2019, 11:37:42 pm »
I don't know if you can blame her lack of momentum on the pro-Franken folks.  I kind of feel that's an online only phenomenon, though I could be wrong.  I have no thoughts or feelings about Gillebrand at all, before or after this primary, but I really can't recall a single thing she did as part of it.  At least duds like Delaney or Hickenlooper stood out, though for negative reasons.

I also don't think the Franken thing hurt her, if anything it is the only thing she did that gave her any identity.  I think the bigger issue is she tried to move from being center left to more progressive and the move didn't really work for anyone.

I think she probably would have done better as Klobuchar without the stories of staff abuse.

« Reply #989 on: August 29, 2019, 12:22:12 am »
wow best idea ever for latest chapter in "what crazy thing can we get a bordie to do"

I'm in for $50
Shit, I’m a senate candidate now. Moving into the family compound in Blairsville.

Please send the fiddy to the #JulianForTheNow Campaign headquarters.
LVMH