Author Topic: The Mueller report thread  (Read 31976 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Mueller report thread
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2019, 05:12:43 pm »
there was smoke.  we investigated to learn the cause, turns out there was no fire.

now that no fire was found, folks are angry that we looked in the first place? 

yep, these are the times we're in.
<sig>

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2019, 05:17:15 pm »
I know...isn't that why they call it an investigation>!?!
they didn't say "he's guilty, send him to the Guillotine"

What is annoying me is they act as if 'there was no smoke'

jez...this is smoke enough to have our intelligence agencies to investigate...

“I will tell you this: Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

The president was encouraging a foreign adversary to illegally hack into messages by a former secretary of state that might contain sensitive information, then release them publicly.
slack

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2019, 09:56:47 am »
Probably not news to people here but I applaud Chris Wallace ( one of the few actual journalist at fox and upholding the honor his family name)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-muellers-russia-investigation-did-not-start-with-steele-dossier-on-trump

“This will drive some of our viewers nuts,” the Fox News Sunday host noted. “The Trump investigation did not start with the FISA warrant and Carter Page and the dossier.”
Wallace continued: “It started in June and July of 2016 when George Papadopoulos had spoken to a Russian agent and spoke to an Australian diplomat and said he had heard they had information on—dirt on Hillary Clinton.”
“I don’t think there is any doubt they started investigating—I mean, everybody agrees they started investigating in the summer of 2016,” Wallace declared. “Look, I’m not saying what they did was right or any of that but we know that’s when the investigation started. There has been documentation of that.”

Now unfortunately it fell on deaf ears...but I glad there is a little push back on the incorrect narrative that team Trump and the band of "reporters" keep pushing claiming the Steele dossier is the start of this making everything after illigimate
slack

hutch

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2019, 05:27:59 pm »
So how is everyone feeling about 6 more years of Trump?!?

I don’t know if I can survive it

Space Freely

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2019, 09:13:40 pm »
So how is everyone feeling about 6 more years of Trump?!?

I don’t know if I can survive it

My wife is already bitching about my hair and me looking like Willie Nelson.

I don't know about surviving it either.

Do we really think that Trump can survive six more years? I know his dad lived to be 93, but he was a  slimmer man.

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »
slack

hutch

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 09:44:33 am »
Does anyone seriously believe after what we have seen and heard from (and of) Barr that he isn’t going to redact the report to make Trump look good?!?

I mean for crying out loud it’s going to have a color coded redaction scheme!

Republicans will argue it was “released” but it will be constrained in such a manner as to misrepresent the facts...Frankly I don’t want it released in this manner...it will do more harm than good to the Republic ...Republicans will just say “You see they asked us to release report and we did and it backs up Barr Summary and democrats are still not happy and they never will be...” and the American people who are acting like lemmings will shrug their shoulder
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:46:52 am by hutch »

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2019, 12:18:22 pm »
slack

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 05:09:00 pm »

Attorney General William Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will hold a press conference on Thursday at 9:30 a.m. ET to discuss the release of a redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

should I be concerned it says this: to discuss the release
slack

hutch

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 05:15:17 pm »
I just never figured Moishe Rosenstein would go along with this charade. He had me worried for a while but when he agreed to look the other way I told my boy Barr to keep him around.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:50 am »
<sig>