Author Topic: The Mueller report thread  (Read 31431 times)

Re: The Mueller report thread
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2020, 05:45:50 pm »
SCOTUS being difficult

The Supreme Court on Wednesday denied a request from House Democrats for immediate access to redacted grand jury materials from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.
slack

hutch

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2020, 05:48:17 pm »
I cannot believe you take this Court seriously still

They are never going to do anything to endanger Trump..same on taxes which you posted about

Think of it as a Republican court..that is what it is

« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2020, 05:55:50 pm »
well I don't know...I kinda take them seriously...but you are right

Although this makes me feel better ....

Uncle Blazer@blakesmustache
As expected, SCOTUS just granted DOJ’s request to file a formal request to block release of Mueller’s grand jury materials.

The GREAT NEWS is that the filing is due in 10 days (June 1), indicating that SCOTUS *will* hear this case in July and decide it before the election.
Keep in mind you usually get 90 days to file for a writ of cert. SCOTUS gave DOJ only ten days. The House is seeking Mueller’s grand jury materials as part of an impeachment inquiry and the Congressional term is ending, so SCOTUS is treating the case with the urgency is deserves.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2020, 06:06:23 pm »
It has went largely unnoticed but their refusal to hear that case about qualified immunity for police officers who STOLE items listed on a search warranty is possibly the worst, most catastrophic "ruling" since Citizen's United.
LVMH

« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2021, 05:14:19 pm »
Justice Dept is quietly seeking a 50-year bar to release of grand jury material - a rule which, if adopted by the courts, would keep Mueller-Trump records secret until 2069...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/grand-jury-secrecy-gag-orders/2021/07/19/22585580-e898-11eb-8950-d73b3e93ff7f_story.html

Are you fucking kidding me!
slack