Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 64510 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« on: October 04, 2019, 06:50:43 pm »

we should probably start an impeachy thread...

fine, i'll pick up the mantle.

i saw a really good image/meme thingy this morning, something to the effect of "for trump supporters, it's not about right or wrong.  it's about winning or losing."  it went on with an explanation about how they need to stick with trump no matter what, otherwise they would have to admit they lost.  but i can't find that image anymore, so instead i offer you: Trump’s Defenders Have Adopted a Doctrine of Infallibility.  good read.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:54:46 pm »
You literally saw that on here.  ;D Already posted.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 12:11:21 am »
lol.  well that explains why i couldn't find it on any of my social media.

second whistleblower forthcoming?!?
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:26:42 am »
Remember when incel type guys were able to bag wives from less privileged countries simply because the women would marry them because they wanted to be Americans? It seems like Trump is making us into a country less desirable to come to and in turn these incels are never going to find wives.

hutch

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:04:34 am »
What in gods name made you think of this?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 09:07:23 am »
Remember when incel type guys were able to bag wives from less privileged countries simply because the women would marry them because they wanted to be Americans? It seems like Trump is making us into a country less desirable to come to and in turn these incels are never going to find wives.
My God, if he loses the mail order bride voting bloc, he's really in trouble.

But seriously, this is so random.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 01:11:23 pm »
yes, this is indeed a random observation - but it's in keeping with the times, so carry on sir.
<sig>

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 05:15:36 pm »

spotted at the library of congress
slack

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 11:14:20 am »
This seems foolish in that it will give loony Giuliani a chance to lie on the floor of congress...which he is sure to do and then face legal issues with that lie

Lindsey Graham tweeted Tuesday that he would offer Rudy Giuliani a chance to testify before the committee about his "concerns"  that Joe Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor investigating his son.

Also, can someone give me a good reason not to have the dems have a vote to begin the impeachment process
one line of reasoning is Trump wants to force House Democrats in vulnerable races to be on the record
My understanding that Pelosi can hold the vote, but still not grant GOP wishes to grandstand on the floor and issue useless soapens

I know this is soo last week (which might as well be last decade with the news cycle of late)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:20:53 am by unmatched wisdom ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 11:44:38 am »
What happens now that the Administration won't let witnesses be deposed? Federal Court gets involved? How? Any impeachment/con law scholars on here?

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 11:54:56 am »
What happens now that the Administration won't let witnesses be deposed? Federal Court gets involved? How? Any impeachment/con  law scholars on here?
I see what you did there....
what would stop them from doing that again?
and if that's the case, what are you waiting for Nancy
slack

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 12:59:08 pm »
Spencer Hsu @hsu_spencer
DEVELOPING Trump Justice Dept. asks U.S. judge to reject House Judiciary Committee request for Mueller grand jury materials, argues courts in 1974 wrongly gave Congress the Watergate grand jury 'roadmap' that led to President Nixon's impeachment.

So the angle is that supreme court was wrong in 74 to comply with the House's request and Nixon was unjustly impeached?

Wow...shit just keeps getting crazier
slack

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 01:21:56 pm »
and Nixon was unjustly impeached?

Nixon was not impeached.  He resigned while the House was proceeding with their Impeachment inquiry.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »
What are the odds that Trump is not impeached, does not resign, is re-elected, and things get much worse for at least four years?

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 01:46:22 pm »
What are the odds that Trump is not impeached, does not resign, is re-elected, and things get much worse for at least four years?
sadly the odds are not that bad on that
I'd find it hard if the evidence is laid out clearly that the independents will go Pro-trump like they did against hil

but WTFdoEyeNo
slack