Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 395306 times)

Space Freely

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1680 on: August 07, 2020, 11:10:33 am »
I don’t think that’s fair at all...I would kind of consider those photographs whistleblower evidence

Make sure you use that one on your Cal Berkley application, not your Liberty application.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1681 on: August 07, 2020, 11:34:59 am »
this seems fair.
students in georgia suspended from school for taking and sharing pictures of their school ....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/? 
Supposedly the school has a “no posting pictures of minors online without their consent” rule. Basically this school system just gave them a killer college essay if they know how to spin the righteous indignity.

This kid clearly gets it. No chance I would have at that age. I did get in trouble for wearing my Mr. Zog's Sexwax T-shirt though.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/georgia-teen-photo-crowded-school-hallway-trnd/index.html     

But students in grades 9 through 12 are exempt from the phone ban, Watters said, and she didn't post the photo until school was over. Watters admitted she broke the policy on posting images of students to social media, but she doesn't regret it.
"I'd like to say this is some good and necessary trouble," Watters said. "My biggest concern is not only about me being safe, it's about everyone being safe because behind every teacher, student and staff member there is a family, there are friends, and I would just want to keep everyone safe."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1682 on: August 07, 2020, 12:04:23 pm »
this seems fair.
students in georgia suspended from school for taking and sharing pictures of their school ....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/? 
Supposedly the school has a “no posting pictures of minors online without their consent” rule. Basically this school system just gave them a killer college essay if they know how to spin the righteous indignity.

This kid clearly gets it. No chance I would have at that age. I did get in trouble for wearing my Mr. Zog's Sexwax T-shirt though.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/georgia-teen-photo-crowded-school-hallway-trnd/index.html     

But students in grades 9 through 12 are exempt from the phone ban, Watters said, and she didn't post the photo until school was over. Watters admitted she broke the policy on posting images of students to social media, but she doesn't regret it.
"I'd like to say this is some good and necessary trouble," Watters said. "My biggest concern is not only about me being safe, it's about everyone being safe because behind every teacher, student and staff member there is a family, there are friends, and I would just want to keep everyone safe."

Roy Wood Jr. said it best

Roy Wood Jr- Ex Jedi
@roywoodjr

They tried to suspended this child to teach her a lesson but all they did was free her up for 3 days of media rounds. ADVANTAGE: Student

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1291753846440710146?s=20
T.Rex

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1683 on: August 07, 2020, 08:54:48 pm »
Moderator Delete if not okay here, but "Save the Ottobar" is now a thing on gofundme...please help one of my favorite clubs survive this.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-the-ottobar 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1684 on: August 07, 2020, 09:38:43 pm »
Ok by me... more than likely they are in the same independent music venue org
T.Rex

« Reply #1685 on: August 09, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »
Didn’t realize only VA, but it has to start and it really isn’t that hard to do. 

The app is called: Covidwise
Curious... have any Virginians installed this

This seemed to be rolled out worse than new coke
I have heard Zero people talking about this in the news or social media
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1686 on: August 09, 2020, 04:04:48 pm »
Didn’t realize only VA, but it has to start and it really isn’t that hard to do. 

The app is called: Covidwise
Curious... have any Virginians installed this

This seemed to be rolled out worse than new coke
I have heard Zero people talking about this in the news or social media
The 35 and under part of my social media group are all about this. I agree that this is not really getting advertised enough to get enough people using it for it to work fully.
LVMH

« Reply #1687 on: August 10, 2020, 10:57:58 am »
]The 35 and under part of my social media group are all about this.
I didn't know you were a TikTok'er
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1688 on: August 10, 2020, 05:25:00 pm »

« Reply #1689 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:13 am »
What side effects do you think there will be? What side effects are you afraid of?
The side-effect in the Will Smith movie I am Legend
Putin says Russia's coronavirus vaccine has been registered; his daughter is among those inoculated

So does anyone remember how soon it took for people to turn into zombies in that movie?
slack

« Reply #1690 on: August 11, 2020, 10:03:19 am »
I’m no doctor
but I have not heard any reports of widespread infections from any of the protests
If there are I would like to know

Where there have been more Black Lives Matter protests, there have actually been fewer Covid-19 cases since June.
Correlation is not causation, but this lines up with other evidence showing the protests didn't lead to outbreaks.
@germanrlopez
slack

« Reply #1692 on: August 11, 2020, 10:37:20 am »
Why Diet Coke May Be in Shorter Supply Due to Spread of Virus

The Crisis continues: Dr. Pepper acknowledges canned soda shortage, working on solution

Was funny that Charmin responded
@Charmin
Welcome to the club. We feel your pain.😉

The can shortage was discussed in the beer thread in February I think...
slack

« Reply #1693 on: August 11, 2020, 02:57:18 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1694 on: August 11, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »
i can't believe that there is still a single school in the country that is still contemplating opening in the fall.  i'm not aware of any school that has been able to open for more than a few days before mass quarantines and/or shutdowns are required. 

if you're going to open, at least be honest - "listen, students and parents, some of you are going to get COVID.  we know it's going to happen, so start preparing now.  here's how to handle infection..."
<sig>