Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386103 times)

hutch

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1665 on: August 04, 2020, 12:08:10 pm »
Well you may not consider yourself conservative but when you keep parroting Fox News talking points over and over its time to look in the mirror.

Space Freely

« Reply #1666 on: August 04, 2020, 12:19:14 pm »
Well you may not consider yourself conservative but when you keep parroting Fox News talking points over and over its time to look in the mirror.

My school district thinks 50 kids on a bus ride in the community is a bad idea in terms of COVID spread. Are you saying that 50 people on a bus ride from Philly is not a bad idea in terms of COVID spread?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1667 on: August 04, 2020, 12:23:42 pm »
Will people be riding packed busses to get to this march?

This sounds like a conservative talking point rather than genuine concern for the safety of the marchers.

I am neither conservative, nor genuinely concerned for the safety of people making poor decisions...be they marchers or motorcycle enthusiasts.

I just want COVID to be contained rather than spread, and i see both of these events as poor decisions at this point in time.

So you're emphasizing your own personal interests over racial equity.  Sounds conservative enough.

Space Freely

« Reply #1668 on: August 04, 2020, 12:32:41 pm »
Will people be riding packed busses to get to this march?

This sounds like a conservative talking point rather than genuine concern for the safety of the marchers.

I am neither conservative, nor genuinely concerned for the safety of people making poor decisions...be they marchers or motorcycle enthusiasts.

I just want COVID to be contained rather than spread, and i see both of these events as poor decisions at this point in time.

So you're emphasizing your own personal interests over racial equity.  Sounds conservative enough.

Do you believe your own trollish drivel?  What are the odds of this march bringing about racial equality?

And I'd prefer nobody be going on bus rides, be they students or marchers. It's too high risk and thus a danger in terms of COVID spread.

hutch

« Reply #1669 on: August 04, 2020, 12:33:27 pm »
There have been dozens of examples of Space’s conservatism

He may be the perfect example of what MLK termed the white moderate man that while not a racist is what stands in the way of progress on civil rights.

Let’s not forget for months Space’s position on Covid that we were overreacting...the cure worse than the problem..throw the old people overboard so his kid could go to school....etc

This went on for MONTHS

Again, exactly the Fox News Republican party line...

Yet he remains sadly unaware continuing to argue he is neither this or that...perfectly reasonable in the middle
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:38:26 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #1670 on: August 04, 2020, 12:47:10 pm »
There have been dozens of examples of Space’s conservatism

He may be the perfect example of what MLK termed the white moderate man that while not a racist is what stands in the way of progress on civil rights.

Let’s not forget for months Space’s position on Covid that we were overreacting...the cure worse than the problem..throw the old people overboard so his kid could go to school....etc

This went on for MONTHS

Again, exactly the Fox News Republican party line...

Yet he remains sadly unaware continuing to argue he is neither this or that...perfectly reasonable in the middle

Andrew Cuomo's initial position was to send the sick people back to nursing homes. But that didn't quite work out, so his position evolved.

The virus evolves and more knowledge is gained, so of course people's thoughts evolve in reaction to events and knowledge.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1671 on: August 04, 2020, 12:49:01 pm »
Welcome to the dark side!

hutch

« Reply #1672 on: August 04, 2020, 12:55:29 pm »
Yes but a person has credibility or not depending on their past positions. You don’t just say hey that was the past focus on the future!

Again, if you find yourself parroting Fox News you might want to look in the mirror and take a breather from expressing opinions on important issues. Be self aware! Realize just how wrong you are often and listen to others that haven’t repeatedly made your mistakes. It’s called learning..

I mean do we really need your advice on Covid given your track record?

Space Freely

« Reply #1673 on: August 04, 2020, 01:06:59 pm »
I don't watch or read Fox News, so I don't think I'm parroting them.

My track record on COVID is that I've managed to avoid catching it while doing all kinds of outdoor activities over the past 4.5 months. I was an early adopter of wearing a mask, and I'm keenly aware of what activities are more risky than others. Or as aware as current knowledge is known.

I don't know that I'm giving anyone advice, but if i am you can feel free to take it or leave it.

Space Freely

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1675 on: August 06, 2020, 10:43:27 pm »
this seems fair.
students in georgia suspended from school for taking and sharing pictures of their school ....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/? 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1676 on: August 06, 2020, 10:46:07 pm »
this seems fair.
students in georgia suspended from school for taking and sharing pictures of their school ....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/? 
Supposedly the school has a “no posting pictures of minors online without their consent” rule. Basically this school system just gave them a killer college essay if they know how to spin the righteous indignity.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1677 on: August 06, 2020, 10:51:36 pm »
I don’t think that’s fair at all...I would kind of consider those photographs whistleblower evidence

« Reply #1678 on: August 07, 2020, 09:56:54 am »
Only 5 months too late, first attempt at contact tracking is rolling out in VA
Sounds a little big brother,  Trump’s commentary will actually matter and I’m concerned he will choose chaos over common sense
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/first-us-app-using-apple-google-coronavirus-notification-technology.html?
slack

« Reply #1679 on: August 07, 2020, 10:03:18 am »
Didn’t realize only VA, but it has to start and it really isn’t that hard to do. 

The app is called: Covidwise
Sounds like could be a band name contender
Covidwyze

I installed it, I’m trusting the Guv to only use my data for good
slack