Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386115 times)

hutch

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #585 on: March 27, 2020, 03:42:28 pm »
Ok but they made the rules on payment!

Asking for a refund is a whole different enchilada

« Reply #586 on: March 27, 2020, 03:43:39 pm »
Yada...it's kind of a crappy situation.  But you gotta do what works for your family
They really shouldn't be charging full tuition for 'virtual circle' time tho

they certainly are going to have to let go staff if parents don't pay.
I'd imagine this could put a small preschool out of business to

far as I know, no one is issuing refunds for the rest of the school year
and you many contractually be on the hook for the balance of payments too

This is kind of an 'act of god' situation, not really the schools' fault or negligence
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:45:14 pm by Fourth rate Grandstander ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #587 on: March 27, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »
Look at the little schoolmaster

Yada

« Reply #588 on: March 27, 2020, 03:56:10 pm »
I appreciate the feedback from both sides of the aisle! I'd hate to see it go out of business, however, it's a "church" preschool which I'm sure has buckets of money behind it in a pinch and based on location and the majority of the pricks that send their kids there.

I would definitely feel bad for a teacher getting laid off, but I also feel bad for myself!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #589 on: March 27, 2020, 04:00:33 pm »
No kids so that takes an emotional element out for me. Really comes down to “do you have the money and want to see this school succeed”? Sounds like your income has been impacted. Mine and my wife’s have not just as a result of the fields we work in — we’ve upped donations to some charitable things and asked for refunds on cancelled things to go stay with the orgs.

Yours is a totally different case. If this puts a strain on your finances and the mission of this particular preschool is not a top priority in your life - I definitely don’t think you’re in the wrong to pull her out.

There are so many organizations feeling the pinch right now and it’s great to want to help keep everyone afloat but people shouldn’t do it at the expense of their own reserves. Don’t really think there’s a wrong decision here, Yada.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #590 on: March 27, 2020, 04:04:34 pm »
No kids so that takes an emotional element out for me. Really comes down to “do you have the money and want to see this school succeed”? Sounds like your income has been impacted. Mine and my wife’s have not just as a result of the fields we work in — we’ve upped donations to some charitable things and asked for refunds on cancelled things to go stay with the orgs.

Yours is a totally different case. If this puts a strain on your finances and the mission of this particular preschool is not a top priority in your life - I definitely don’t think you’re in the wrong to pull her out.

There are so many organizations feeling the pinch right now and it’s great to want to help keep everyone afloat but people shouldn’t do it at the expense of their own reserves. Don’t really think there’s a wrong decision here, Yada.

Gracious words Jules... We haven't been financially impacted...............yet. But I think it will come. It's more the fact that I just think it's bologna to ask me for a grand when I'm schooling my daughter at home and they pull the heartstrings narrative when in fact, I think the school is just fine. I think I've made my decision, now to take it to the wife!

edit: I realize my OG post said we've been impacted, that's not the case.... yet. But I'm doing the work they're asking me to pay for. Anyway, beating a dead horse now!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:06:08 pm by Yada »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

shemptiness

hutch

« Reply #593 on: March 27, 2020, 06:06:07 pm »
Yay! Over 100,000!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #594 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:39 pm »
Yay! Over 100,000!!

i was off by 4 days... mea culpa.

almost 16k cases in one day.  insane.

edit: now over 16k today.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:20:39 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #595 on: March 27, 2020, 07:37:50 pm »
hey julian: according to trump, michigan doesn't matter

"I say Mike (Pence), don't call the governor of Washington, you're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan. Doesn't make any difference what happens. You know what I say, if they don't treat you right, I don't call. He's a different type of person. He will call quietly anyway, okay. But he's done a great job. He should be appreciated for the job he's done."
- Trump

nevermind that detroit is projected to be one of the next epicenters...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #596 on: March 27, 2020, 08:08:00 pm »
But this is a bit surprising as MI does matter to Trump’s chances as opposed to NY, CA, WA, NJ

Maybe he forgot? I doubt it....Weird

« Reply #597 on: March 27, 2020, 08:14:16 pm »
and he's blasting general motors too...there are lots of manufacturers out there, why pick one to go hardball with on twitter?
slack

« Reply #598 on: March 27, 2020, 08:31:17 pm »
It sounds like the bill is just spreading a lot of money around... a lot of it for pointless stuff...disappointing

The goal should not be to waste a ton of money

I guess you could argue give the Kennedy Center money and a lot of it will end up being paid to people but...they book shows so get kind of a subsidy

It’s all a clusterfuck I guess
]
I will start off this was compiled by some asshat who hates the libs so hard he'd die to prove trump right

I support most of these things and some of them I could see staying, but coming under the umbrella of another relief program
and yes it's only 1% of the bill...but is still 2.3bil, not exactly chump change
but that it was in the bill...disappointing is really too kind
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:33:04 pm by Invoke P hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

« Reply #599 on: March 27, 2020, 09:05:59 pm »
this reminds me of when hutch and julian started getting along

these are real posts...these are crazy times, I don't think we'll look back and laugh...but will cry
slack