Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386038 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #600 on: March 27, 2020, 09:11:34 pm »
It sounds like the bill is just spreading a lot of money around... a lot of it for pointless stuff...disappointing

The goal should not be to waste a ton of money

I guess you could argue give the Kennedy Center money and a lot of it will end up being paid to people but...they book shows so get kind of a subsidy

It’s all a clusterfuck I guess
]
I will start off this was compiled by some asshat who hates the libs so hard he'd die to prove trump right

I support most of these things and some of them I could see staying, but coming under the umbrella of another relief program
and yes it's only 1% of the bill...but is still 2.3bil, not exactly chump change
but that it was in the bill...disappointing is really too kind

.1%
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #601 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:54 pm »
this reminds me of when hutch and julian started getting along
If you mean, once again, America needs leadership and Julian is showing you all the way, then yes.
LVMH

« Reply #602 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:39 pm »
.1%
ok that was a little embarrassing...but even .1% and still $2.3bill..does it need to be in there to be the headline of every alt-right site
slack

« Reply #603 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:55 pm »
It sounds like the bill is just spreading a lot of money around... a lot of it for pointless stuff...disappointing

The goal should not be to waste a ton of money

I guess you could argue give the Kennedy Center money and a lot of it will end up being paid to people but...they book shows so get kind of a subsidy

It’s all a clusterfuck I guess
]
I will start off this was compiled by some asshat who hates the libs so hard he'd die to prove trump right

I support most of these things and some of them I could see staying, but coming under the umbrella of another relief program
and yes it's only 1% of the bill...but is still 2.3bil, not exactly chump change
but that it was in the bill...disappointing is really too kind

.1%
Of which half is Amtrak which is de facto infrastructure.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #605 on: March 27, 2020, 09:33:18 pm »
Well, I've seen better formatted links.

« Reply #606 on: March 27, 2020, 09:36:14 pm »
go big or go home
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #607 on: March 27, 2020, 09:40:22 pm »

If only Relaxer still worked there.

hutch

« Reply #608 on: March 27, 2020, 09:46:29 pm »
I was going to say the same thing about Amtrak

The real money waste I think is going to be the hundreds of billions going to corporations

hutch

« Reply #609 on: March 27, 2020, 09:52:21 pm »
I kind of think if there had been no Kennedy center type stuff in the bill the alt right would just make something up and their base would believe it

They do this all the time and it works

When did it start? Speaking of Kerry when he got swiftboated in 2004 that was pretty low

I don’t know anymore...it’s been pretty sobering to see Trump’s approval go up...I think things are in flux but...still

hutch

« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2020, 10:01:36 pm »
402 Americans died from covid today so far...that’s a lot...

In a few days we might be at a thousand ...I hope not

Will people think this is not Trump’s fault  and he’s doing the best he can while he does almost nothing to help? When he did nothing to prepare? That things should go back to normal and kind of let’s block this shit out? Will the media not focus on the rising death count? Don’t want people too upset

Maybe the attitude on the part of many Americans will be: they told us millions of us would die and it was only a few thousand so Trump did great

I am at a loss here...I still believe he will lose handily in November but

hutch

« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2020, 10:10:43 pm »
I mean no country in the world seems to have had a steeper curve..

« Reply #612 on: March 27, 2020, 11:36:21 pm »
But this is a bit surprising as MI does matter to Trump’s chances as opposed to NY, CA, WA, NJ

Maybe he forgot? I doubt it....Weird
He is doubling down on a popular mayor (she won by 10 points in 2018) in a state he needs....gotta be a reason (although he always needs an enemy)
I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude! #MAGA

although...that is a pretty good nickname
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:51:39 pm by Invoke P hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

« Reply #613 on: March 27, 2020, 11:43:43 pm »
But this is a bit surprising as MI does matter to Trump’s chances as opposed to NY, CA, WA, NJ

Maybe he forgot? I doubt it....Weird
He is doubling down on a popular mayor in a state he needs....gotta be a reason (although he always needs an enemy)
I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude! #MAGA

although...that is a pretty good nickname
Yeah, I’ll give him that. That’s smart. John Kerry’s clever turn of phrase must have awoken some verbal flourish in our POTUS.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2020, 01:09:21 am »
The real money waste I think is going to be the hundreds of billions going to corporations

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN, LOOK AT THE SHINY CONSPIRACY THEORY OVER THERE
<sig>