Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 385853 times)

BrettnotBritt

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #4050 on: March 22, 2022, 11:51:41 am »
Shocking.

Today out in Hagerstown, more and more truckers with The People's Convoy have complained about becoming sick with a bad cough. One streamer, “OTR Survival,” ended up going to an urgent care, and described the illness as getting “hit by a bus.”

« Reply #4051 on: March 22, 2022, 11:56:09 am »
wouldn't it have been more fitting if they said they got 'hit by a truck'
slack

« Reply #4052 on: April 11, 2022, 12:51:25 pm »
Biden official: Mask mandate for airplanes could be extended

Why it matters: The transportation mask mandate was extended last month, but is currently set to expire on April 18.

also
Nancy Pelosi (very risky), Susan Collins and Warnok have all tested positive for COVID-19.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 01:31:45 pm by Side key bump ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4053 on: April 11, 2022, 01:35:11 pm »

Why it matters: The transportation mask mandate was extended last month, but is currently set to expire on April 18.

also
Nancy Pelosi (very risky), Susan Collins and Warnok have all tested positive for COVID-19.

The US seems to be on it's own on this one.

They are also continuing to require testing to be able to return the the US.

Whereas otther Western countries have ended these two policiies.

Seems like someone in the Biden agency might be getting some $$ from the testing companies and mask makers for extending these two.

Starsky

« Reply #4054 on: April 11, 2022, 02:19:09 pm »

also

Seems like someone in the Biden agency might be getting some $$ from the testing companies and mask makers for extending these two.

Seems like you are full of shit

I mean first of all what “Biden agency”!?!

But more importantly why throw around accusations without a lick of evidence

Space Freely

« Reply #4055 on: April 11, 2022, 02:37:03 pm »

also

Seems like you are full of shit

I mean first of all what “Biden agency”!?!

But more importantly why throw around accusations without a lick of evidence

The CDC makes the travel rules. This is not a winning issue for Biden. It almost seems like they''re trying to lose supporters.
https://www.afar.com/magazine/you-still-need-a-covid-test-to-enter-the-us

International travelers might be wondering if the testing requirement will ever end, especially in the wake of news that Canada, France, the United Kingdom, and Australia have scrapped their testing rules for vaccinated travelers. Will the U.S. follow suit? The White House responded this week with a resounding “not yet.”

When asked during an April 5 press briefing if the U.S. has plans to change the international testing requirement, Jeff Zients, who serves as President Biden’s COVID-19 coordinator, answered, “No, there are no plans to change the international travel requirements at this point.”

That news may come as a disappointment to travelers—60 percent of which want the COVID-19 testing requirement for inbound international travelers to be removed, according to a new survey released by travel app TripIt from Concur. TripIt surveyed more than 700 of its U.S.-based users this month and found that 44 percent would be more likely to travel if the requirement was dropped.

The majority of respondents are also ready for masks to come off on airplanes—54 percent said they want the federal mask mandate to expire, while 30 percent hope it will be further extended (16 percent didn’t have a preference either way).

Starsky

« Reply #4056 on: April 11, 2022, 02:51:56 pm »
That’s not how this works or is supposed to work

The CDC doesn’t make policy based on what people want according to polls or what is a winning issue and it’s certainly not a “Biden agency”…you contradict yourself… if it’s a “Biden agency” why don’t they do the politically expedient to “help” Biden?

Never mind none of this supports your accusation of bribery

You have been so wrong so much on covid - on both extremes - one would think you could exercise restraint before posting

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 02:54:27 pm by Starsky »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4057 on: April 11, 2022, 03:00:05 pm »
I think the "mandatory testing for vaxxed and boosted US residents to return" thing is wildly capricious. I'm kind of with Space on this -- its time for these policy's to wind down.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4058 on: April 11, 2022, 03:48:39 pm »
policies

Space Freely

« Reply #4059 on: April 11, 2022, 04:15:50 pm »
I think the "mandatory testing for vaxxed and boosted US residents to return" thing is wildly capricious. I'm kind of with Space on this -- its time for these policy's to wind down.

Unless the number of serious illnesses and/or deaths among the vaccinated swing wildly up, it's time to treat COVID as just another illness. An illness that's with us and not going away.

I mean, why is it ok for 20K unmasked, untested people to crowd into an NBA arena for a basketball game, but it's not ok for 200 people to do it on an airplane (which has excellent air filtration systems?)

I'm actually ok with keeping the mask mandate. Even though anything less than an N95 is likely just pandemic theater. But what is the reason for requiring testing when we're not requiring it for anything else?

And of course my bribery accusation was semi-facetious. Though I bet you wouldn't be bearing down on it so hard if we had a Republican president.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:18:06 pm by Space Freely »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4060 on: April 11, 2022, 04:29:30 pm »
Wow.  No typos.

Starsky

« Reply #4061 on: April 11, 2022, 05:46:14 pm »

You think bribery is at play? Or the “Biden agency” is trying to lose the election in the fall?

It’s sort of comical to see democrats who agreed with the agency being independent during Trump’s presidency now post they disagree. The process is politically independent- as it should be- irrespective of party. I think that’s the way it’s supposed to work wether one agrees or disagrees with the policy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 05:48:50 pm by Starsky »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4062 on: April 11, 2022, 11:25:36 pm »
No, I don’t believe bribery is in play, I’m saying I think they’re making a decision that is wildly out of line with risk analysis and science. As has been the case for about eighteen months, the science says XX and they come to the conclusion of XX about 2-4 months after the science said it.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4063 on: April 12, 2022, 03:29:57 am »
The CDC makes the travel rules. This is not a winning issue for Biden. It almost seems like they''re trying to lose supporters.

newsflash: public health policy isn't a popularity contest.  sometimes you need to make hard decisions, regardless of their political consequences.

trump made policy decisions based on polls and upcoming elections... yeah, let's follow his model.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4064 on: April 12, 2022, 03:32:38 am »
<sig>