Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 101545 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2020, 11:24:42 am »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #571 on: January 04, 2021, 11:46:58 am »
Still on the schedule:

Acid Mothers Temple
Comet Ping Pong
March 9th

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2021, 04:46:27 pm »
A really fun REM show from 1984, here: http://www.remring.com/?q=node/203             

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2021, 01:53:28 pm »
Anyone watching that Bowie Birthday bash stream that's available this weekend?  Wish it was available for longer than 24 hours...

also i'm tempted by the  Jimmy Eat World events they are working on
T.Rex

« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2021, 02:50:11 pm »
Anyone watching that Bowie Birthday bash stream that's available this weekend?  Wish it was available for longer than 24 hours...
I'm tempted, but I really haven't done any of these things
I was lucky to see an original spider any Tony do Man Who Sold the world at the Birchmere weeks after bowies death...that was amazing
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2021, 09:27:02 am »

I'm tempted, but I really haven't done any of these things
I was lucky to see an original spider any Tony do Man Who Sold the world at the Birchmere weeks after bowies death...that was amazing

Ended up watching A Bowie Celebration put together by Mike Garson.  It was really well done, they clearly sent some time pulling the event together.  Great choice of songs, singers and backing musicians. Shame it was only available the one day, as it was getting great reviews.  There were a couple meh moments, but as the Guardian said it was great to hear so many female singers doing Bowie songs.  In particular the version of Under Pressure with Judith Hill and Andra Day was stunning.

My biggest revelation from the event was "discovering" Bernard Fowler, I was instantly looking him up when he did  “Sweet Thing”/”Candidate”.  Turns out he is a long standing well known backup vocalist with the Rolling Stones, etc, etc.  Thing is he sounds a lot like Bowie and later did a stellar version of  Heroes.. Anyways, I'm digging into his solo albums
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:28:34 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2021, 09:31:27 am »
oh and who knew Gary Oldman was also a good singer
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2021, 09:52:05 am »
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2021, 09:55:08 am »
I knew he was younger than Gary Numan.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #579 on: January 11, 2021, 10:58:26 am »
I knew he was younger than Gary Numan.

OK, that was funny.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2021, 03:03:25 pm »
https://www.spin.com/2021/01/dr-fauci-predicts-shows-with-masked-audiences-to-return-this-fall/

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci said theaters and other venues may open up for shows “some time in the fall of 2021,” depending on the vaccine. In the virtual meeting during the Association of Performing Arts Professionals, he also indicated that audiences may have to wear masks. The country needs to reach an effective level of herd immunity, meaning vaccinating 70 to 85%of the population.

Dr. Fauci said that “If everything goes right … by the time we get to the early to mid-fall, you can have people feeling safe performing onstage as well as people in the audience.” He indicated that theatres with good ventilation and proper air filters might not need to place many restrictions for performances by the fall — except for audience masking. “I think you can then start getting back to almost full capacity of seating,” he said.

hmmm i like Dr. Fauci's enthusiasm... but not sure I'd be so inclined to attend shows in the fall maybe something at Merriweather,
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #581 on: January 11, 2021, 03:06:51 pm »
I'd 100% attend a show at 9:30 if Seth installed a negative air pressure system.

« Reply #582 on: January 11, 2021, 04:22:39 pm »
hmmm i like Dr. Fauci's enthusiasm... but not sure I'd be so inclined to attend shows in the fall maybe something at Merriweather,

Maybe a good middle ground would be that IMP has a pop-up small outdoor venue to do shows in Fall (maybe even in their parking lot...well those new tony neighbors would probably complain)
DC has some fantastic fall weather
I hate outdoor barns, but if was an outdoor show with a 1500 capacity...I'd probably like that
slack

hutch

« Reply #583 on: January 11, 2021, 04:26:35 pm »
What parking lot?

At the end of the day for DC they depend on the Mayor’s office and for MD on Governor Hogan.. no indication either will authorize shows anytime soon.. both are rightly pretty cautious

It’s just a lot more complicated than we wish

Then there is the issue of booking... major acts book entire tours notmm no one offs to play parking lots to a few hundreds

The alternative are cover bands at the State Theatre which is happening now...you can go to those
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:29:28 pm by Just give it to me »

hutch

« Reply #584 on: January 11, 2021, 04:38:36 pm »
It’s just unreal to think no meaningful live music til the fall

Sucks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:40:12 pm by Just give it to me »