Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 96225 times)

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2022, 09:02:20 am »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2022, 01:25:58 pm »
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2022, 02:19:23 pm »
Ok Collinson is my favorite political analyst

But I mean what are we supposed to do? It’s like everything else: we don’t have the votes. It’s annoying but it’s the reality - along with the non representative character of American democracy- that explains everything going back to being unable to confirm Garland. There is no magic workaround on a political level without the votes.

On a personal level maybe people will put money to setting up a network to help people have safe and free abortions.

And thinking about needing votes… do we get them by continuing to run up margins with women and minorities… I feel you can only squeeze so many votes there… if we continually focus on issues that concern these constituencies aren’t we potentially shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of reaching other groups?

Democrats playbook seems to be hyping Republican racism and misogyny and instilling fear about what will happen with Republicans or Republican policies but it’s just not enough..it’s not working…there have to be policies and actions that improve the lives of people….including Republicans… easier said than done but at this point it’s easy to feel like nothing is happening other than fearmongering… I think this playbook is so played out… also most voters aren’t one issue voters…yes abortion rights are important but so is putting food on the table…some Democrats seem to act like all that matters is Roe v Wade

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 01:05:36 pm »
So am I the only one who hopes Madison Cawthorn LOSES his primary election today?

what is the likelihood, TFG is still behind him, so that matters in that district
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 01:10:22 pm »
So am I the only one who hopes Madison Cawthorn LOSES his primary election today?

pretty sure every liberal, and most establishment Repubs, are hoping he loses.
<sig>

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 04:59:10 pm »
whoa...if the PA race wasn't spicy enough

PA Senate candidate John Fetterman will have a pacemaker implanted this afternoon, just hours before polls are set to close in the U.S. Senate primary.

Fetterman, who had a stroke last week,
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 05:40:44 pm »
not a big deal is it?  He was A-fib.  Pacemaker will make his heartbeat regular...I guess

whoa...if the PA race wasn't spicy enough

PA Senate candidate John Fetterman will have a pacemaker implanted this afternoon, just hours before polls are set to close in the U.S. Senate primary.

Fetterman, who had a stroke last week,

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 07:48:28 pm »

what is the likelihood, TFG is still behind him, so that matters in that district
Uh yeah.
LVMH

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 09:57:38 pm »
Ashley Madison lost! Can’t wait for my side piece district to be represented by a slightly less vocal, yet equally offensive piece of shit! #PyrrhicVictory
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 10:56:46 pm »
I jut can’t help rooting against anyone that Trump endorses….foolish or not…

It’s a photo finish in PA

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2022, 05:54:46 am »
MC losing in the primary was such great news to wake to
And fetterman takes the D in pa
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2022, 06:35:54 am »
The irony of that photo finish PA race is they are looking forward to counting all the remaining mail in ballots  ::)

Rolling Stone provided this description of Fetterman and it’s probably why his stances appeal to me.. wish more Dems had a vibe and ran as realist’s in order to improve everyone’s lives verses strict progressives who tend to have their heads in the clouds… 

“John Fetterman is neither a centrist nor a progressive. He’s a vibe, and he just won a Democratic Senate primary in Pennsylvania”

Katie Porter also strikes me as being well grounded.. and the squad in general need to actually accomplish something other than constantly grandstanding.. AOC apparently hasn’t actually gotten any legislation passed
T.Rex

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2022, 08:27:48 am »
AOC apparently hasn’t actually gotten any legislation passed
YOU DON'T SAY!?
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2022, 10:42:02 am »
I wish Oz had lost…the best thing for America long term is for Trump to become politically marginalized…

People will say the new Republicans will be as bad or worse as Trump

But there is a big difference: Trump is a gifted politician…the best this country has seen in a long time

So I can’t do what most Democrats do and look at things election by election and how a primary impacts a particular seat. I have to look at it in terms of how it impacts Trump. Trump put himself out there for Oz so him losing would have been a slap in the face

At least that’s the way I see it…

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2022, 10:56:53 am »
I think you meant most grifted politician
T.Rex