Author Topic: ONE HOUR BB SHOW  (Read 34962 times)

mankie

Re: ONE HOUR BB SHOW
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2004, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  Basically a party band for frat houses!! Sucked as punks so tried the rap thing....The only one who seems to take them seriously is YOU!

How appropriate that this was posted by someone with the name "bollocks" [/b]
Who rattled your cage? Is it furlow weekend from St. E's again?

m1

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2004, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by SalParadise:

Originally posted by nkotbie:
  I agree with you about 90% about sampling.  Take Sean Combs, or practically any rap act out there today.  They take a hook, melody, or hell, the whole fucking song, rap over top of it, and sell millions.  Not a lot of talent, I don't think.  

But when done right, sampling is almost like a collage.  Using various elements of several completely different songs/sources that, when added to original instrumentation, becomes a new whole.  That's what made Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head such amazing albums (and no matter who says what, Check Your Head is the bestest).  The Beasties didn't just drop the needle on a record and rap over it.  It's just too bad mainstream rappers nowadays don't offer any originality in their music.  Of course, for that kind of payout, I'd rap about bitches, chronic and rims too.

Beastie Boys lot are a pretty defensive lot aren't they?

Are you republican because you don't allow anyone to have an opinion other than that of yourself.

And for the record...'sampling' is basically stealing someone else's stuff!
[/b]
i know it's the 930 board, and i should expect this...but anyways, most rap producers nowadays don't sample. they're creating the entire beat themselves. that's why, for example, the kanye west album was so big in rap circles (because it was a throwback to the 90's/heavy sampling-days of hip-hop). [/b]
some people just don't know ... or care to ... but like you said, it is a message board  :roll:

m1

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Basically a party band for frat houses!! Sucked as punks so tried the rap thing....The only one who seems to take them seriously is YOU!

How appropriate that this was posted by someone with the name "bollocks" [/b]
Girls Gone Wild  :D    ;)  Sweet !!!

vansmack

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »
What the Beastie's and the Chemical Brothers did on Paul's Boutique was legendary.  They took sampling to a whole new level with a great mix grace and pizzazz.  They took an eclectic mix of songs from many genre's and ripped out some sick rhythms and rhymes.

If you missed out when it came out, it's because you were looking for "Son of Ill", but if you wrote it off and didn't go back and give it another listen, you missed the last great sampling album ever.  It was the people that did crap sample jobs (2 Live Crew comes to mind) that ruined sampling and made it way too expensive to repeat what the Beastie's did with PB.

And Mankie, your Beastie track list shows that you've not divulged into the Beastie Boys other than what on the radio and MTV.  The true experience is the Beastie's taken as a whole, not as singles.  Commercial radio wanted the party boys, but they are much more than that.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2004, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:

you rule bollocks !!!   :cool:  [/b]
No I don't....I ROOL!

loopzlp

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out to him -- one album, when they were party boys doesn't define them twenty years later...each album has become more and more political, although the political songs never make the radio...

Originally posted by vansmack:

And Mankie, your Beastie track list shows that you've not divulged into the Beastie Boys other than what on the radio and MTV.  The true experience is the Beastie's taken as a whole, not as singles.  Commercial radio wanted the party boys, but they are much more than that.

m1

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »

Originally posted by m1:

you rule bollocks !!!    :cool:   [/b]
No I don't....I ROOL! [/b]
hey bollocks ... lookin' around these boards, it doesn't seem that you are very popular  :confused:

m1

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  What the Beastie's and the Chemical Brothers did on Paul's Boutique was legendary.  They took sampling to a whole new level with a great mix grace and pizzazz.  They took an eclectic mix of songs from many genre's and ripped out some sick rhythms and rhymes.

If you missed out when it came out, it's because you were looking for "Son of Ill", but if you wrote it off and didn't go back and give it another listen, you missed the last great sampling album ever.  It was the people that did crap sample jobs (2 Live Crew comes to mind) that ruined sampling and made it way too expensive to repeat what the Beastie's did with PB.

THANK YOU THANK YOU Vansmack & Loopzip --- FINALLY, the Wise Ones have woken up & joined in on the fun ! I have been standing on lone ground here but enjoying it nonetheless  :D

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
  hey bollocks ... lookin' around these boards, it doesn't seem that you are very popular   :confused:  
Respect your elders, son.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2004, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by loopzlp:
 [QB] Thanks for pointing that out to him -- one album, when they were party boys doesn't define them twenty years later...each album has become more and more political, although the political songs never make the radio...

I don't appreciate having someones political beliefs shoved down my throat either, if I did I would just listen to Rush and Hannity all day.

Artists should entertain, not preach!

m1

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2004, 02:30:00 pm »
the notions of 'whining jewish boys & name droppin' is too funny' on this board -- talk about whining -- & why do you assume I am your son -- if you read right, you'd know I was older than you & probably most of the posters out there -- have fun trying to figure things out  :D

mankie

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2004, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:

Originally posted by m1:

you rule bollocks !!!     :cool:    [/b]
No I don't....I ROOL! [/b]
hey bollocks ... lookin' around these boards, it doesn't seem that you are very popular   :roll:  

Actually, the three most disliked people on this board are three most honest and genuine when it comes to their comments....a lot like life really.

"Fake people attract fake friends"

mankie

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
  the notions of 'whining jewish boys & name droppin' is too funny' on this board -- talk about whining -- & why do you assume I am your son -- if you read right, you'd know I was older than you & probably most of the posters out there -- have fun trying to figure things out   :D  
I think the only person who called them "whining jewish boys" is you isn't it?

vansmack

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
  the notions of 'whining jewish boys & name droppin' is too funny' on this board -- talk about whining -- & why do you assume I am your son -- if you read right, you'd know I was older than you & probably most of the posters out there -- have fun trying to figure things out   :D  
Rhett's on vacation right?  Are we sure about this?

I was making a joke.  But, I'm guessing you're not older than me (and I'm almost certain your not older than Bullocks, because I don't know anybody who is) for two reasons: (1) You like to fight with everybody, which is a sign of immaturity, and (2) you wrote about 17 sentences in row without hitting the enter key (what adult would do that?).

I've been agreeing with most of what you had to say about the Beastie's and now you pop off to me....I think I'm going to enjoy having you on this board.  I too hope you stay longer than your flash in the pan concert last night.
27>34

m1

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2004, 02:46:00 pm »

Originally posted by m1:
  the notions of 'whining jewish boys & name droppin' is too funny' on this board -- talk about whining -- & why do you assume I am your son -- if you read right, you'd know I was older than you & probably most of the posters out there -- have fun trying to figure things out    :D  
I think the only person who called them "whining jewish boys" is you isn't it? [/b]
Bollocks QUOTE: who knew the beastie boys were so big? I always categorized them with Weird Al as a comedic band not to be taken seriously....I mean come on? 3 NY jewish boys rapping, it brings a smile just saying it.
 Mobius QUOTE: Scoffing at the Beastie Boys for being jewish is like scoffing at the Beatles for being British, and thinking rock is an American invention for Americans only. Maybe you don't like the Beatles, but making that kind of statement about the Beastie Boys, and being oblivious to a pretty remarkable record of groundbreaking music, is really just retarded.
 sonickteam2 QUOTE: perhaps you are lacking detail because you had your brainwashed by whiny jewish men last night.