Author Topic: ticket inflation + ticketmaster  (Read 9677 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
ticket inflation + ticketmaster
« on: July 06, 2005, 11:00:00 pm »
do you want to know something, kiddies?
 I JUST PAYED $45 FOR A  LAWN SEAT TO COLDPLAY AND RILO KILEY.

god damnit; it's not  my  responsibility to pay for any more of Apple's cashmere ugg boots!

PigIron

Re: ticket inflation + ticketmaster
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:03:00 pm »
Maybe its not, but you just did.

distance

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 11:09:00 pm »
i'm glad i'm not going to any of the coldplay shows.

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 11:52:00 pm »
Just do what I did. Say "Fuck it! The show must go on without me."

There are plenty of other good shows coming up to fill up my time and take my money, many of which I feel are more deserving. (IMO)

dtqjr

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 12:53:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  do you want to know something, kiddies?
 I JUST PAYED $45 FOR A  LAWN SEAT TO COLDPLAY AND RILO KILEY.

god damnit; it's not  my  responsibility to pay for any more of Apple's cashmere ugg boots!
you paid - why are you bitching?

PigIron

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 01:43:00 am »
The reason for high prices is not only TM, but also:

(1) The band Coldplay itself, which can choose to lower its cut.  Bands do this.  

(2) You and the market.  If Coldplay sells out its tour, which they will, it sends the message that it can easily sell lawn seats for 45 bucks.  Next time around, they might try 55 bucks.  Concert attendance is down this year, but until it goes WAY down, ticket prices will not go cheaper.

No offense, I've spent much more to see a show.  Who hasn't been ass raped at some point?

Enjoy the band, the 7 dollar pavillion beers, and the $30 low-grade cotton souvenir t-shirt.

you be betty

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 01:58:00 am »
oh dear, i know.  
 last april i payed close to $200 to see u2, and that was a cheap ticket, and i'm still broke from the occasion...

i guess what i forgot to convey in my original post was being pissed at how ticketmaster somehow took a $31 ticket up to $45.  because, y'know, it's just  that expensive to "handle" my ticket, and "process" my order, and all.

and :EDIT: what i have still meant to say is that...how can they get away with that?  i know it's slightly hypocritical that i am still paying for it, but...ticketmaster...how??

hitman

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 03:05:00 am »
The processing/handling fee, whatever you want to call it, has to be a percentage of the ticket price, because it seems when ticket prices are higher, so is the add-on fee.  I was trying to get a friend Stones tix when they went on sale, and the add-on from ticketbastard on the $400 tix was like another $75.  Unbelievable!

I don't think the add-on would be so hard to swallow if it was just a standard fee across the board on all tix, not depending upon show and/or ticket price.

you be betty

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 03:20:00 am »
exactly.
 and something reasonable, too.  
 like 3 dollars maybe.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:52:00 am »
Maybe it's just because I don't have to pay them anymore.....but I have to say I'm sick of the tired old "ticketbastard ripped me off" bitch-sessions.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 08:27:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  Maybe it's just because I don't have to pay them anymore.....but I have to say I'm sick of the tired old "ticketbastard ripped me off" bitch-sessions.
havent used them in almost 9 months  :)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
Are we having this thread again?  Maybe we should just sticky it at the top....you know so we can enjoy it 24-7-365.

Personally, I love ticketmaster.

twelsh737

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:
 No offense, I've spent much more to see a show.  Who hasn't been ass raped at some point?

When I was in Juvie I found the trick was to kick some fat kid's ass the first day and send him to the medic's; that way no one messes with you and you can avoid the whole cornhole situation.

slappy

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
Never mind whats been sellin'
 It's what you're buyin'

distance

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:

the only show i ever spent more on was a NYE show.. .and that was only one time.  i don't feel like i've taken it for tickets via ticketmaster..  i'm not willing to pay lots of money for shows.. most of the bigger shows (amphitheater, etc) i went to, i went to in the 90s when tickets weren't as expensive, so i've missed out on the last few years..  i'd much rather just go to club shows these days, even if it means reeking of smoke when i go to bed afterwards.