Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193902 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #1080 on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  it didn't matter to me what race the person was. . .i simply pointed it out because it was an obama supporter attacking a mccain supporter- a point that callat sure understood.  since she's a liar, i hope the authorities convict her for all sorts of misdemeanors and felonies befitting the crime.
I didn't think it mattered to you what the race of the person was, which is why it bothered me that you chose to throw it out there like that, and that you didnt even acknowledge (unless I somehow missed it) how fucked up it was.  Because cleary the intent of the screwed up chick was to make it look like a race issue. [/b]
i completely didn't see it that way.  but, that shouldn't be a surprise to some people here, like you.  to me, it more fit the narrative that violence by obama supporters upon mccain supporters (i'm using violence loosely, from shooting up mccain signs and trying to set them on fire, to obama supporters at obama speeches yelling "stone her" and the c word when he talks about palin) being underreported by the MSN compared to the goings on of mccain supporters.

you're right, if i had interpreted it completely in a race-based fashion, i doubt i would have posted it . .but i'm a post-race person.   :)
OU812

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1081 on: October 27, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
so wait are you really colbert in disguise?
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1082 on: October 27, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »
soooooooo, remember how the repubs tried making an issue out of biden's statement that obama will be tested by an international crisis?  guess what: Pentagon Panel: Biden Was Right, Prep for 'Crisis'.  let's chalk that up as "biden was right", shall we?  not that acknowledgment of reality has been the GOP's strong suit as of late.
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »
Pretty hard not to interpret that chick's actions in terms of racist intent, especially since she specifically disguised her made-up attacker as black, and apparently sought out an ATM in a "bad" part of town.  Not to mention the storied tradition in the deep south of white women's trumped-up allegations of black men's wrongdoings being the basis for lynchings.  

I'd also note (without insinuating anything) that more racists than not claim to be race-blind (and may even believe it themselves).  

Racism check: If you instantly believed the girl's story that a huge black Obama supporter carved a "B" in her face, a story that was overtly ridiculous from the get-go for a whole host of reasons, you too may be a closet racist.

ps -- Sweetcell, it appears the liberal media has infiltrated the Pentagon.     ;)
_\|/_

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1084 on: October 27, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:

Racism check: If you instantly believed the girl's story that a huge black Obama supporter carved a "B" in her face, a story that was overtly ridiculous from the get-go for a whole host of reasons, you too may be a closet racist.

ahhh yes, the dreaded, if you're not a racist, you're a racist screed, coupled with the "southern white woman=racist" corollary. . .looks like your handlers trained you well.

as i said previously, it didn't matter to me what race the person was, i read it as "an obama supporter"......you're attitude sure isn't conducive for moving this country forward.
OU812

• my blog
« Reply #1085 on: October 27, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

ahhh yes, the dreaded, if you're not a racist, you're a racist screed, coupled with the "southern white woman=racist" corollary. . .looks like your handlers trained you well.

as i said previously, it didn't matter to me what race the person was, i read it as "an obama supporter"......you're attitude sure isn't conducive for moving this country forward. [/b]
Actually, it's "southern white woman who fakes attacks by black guy is a racist" corrollary.

The fact that you think it requires "training" by "handlers" to notice that's fucked up speaks volumes.
_\|/_

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1086 on: October 27, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

The fact that you think it requires "training" by "handlers" to notice that's fucked up speaks volumes.
so, now you're calling me a racist?  nice.  how progressive. . .
OU812

• my blog
« Reply #1087 on: October 27, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »
If you can't see that there's a race element there, then you've got an issue somewhere.  That's all I'm saying.

I think it was you who a couple of days ago also said Obama would have to convince you that as president he would assess need based on class and not race?   Was that you?
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1088 on: October 27, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  so wait are you really colbert in disguise?
that made me LOL.
<sig>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1089 on: October 27, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »
  If you can't see that there's a race element there, then you've got an issue somewhere.  That's all I'm saying.

I think it was you who a couple of days ago also said Obama would have to convince you that as president he would assess need based on class and not race?   Was that you?
not exactly. . .i said that i would hope that obama, as he has hinted to previously, as president he would change need-based programs from being based on race to being based on class. . .it doesn't matter whether a poor person is black or white or any other race, they are still poor.  a move away from race based decisions to more class based would have my support, and would probably do more good.
OU812

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1090 on: October 27, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »
i wonder what alaskan marxist offered up this little ditty...

"And Alaskaâ??weâ??re set up, unlike other states in the union, where itâ??s collectively Alaskans own the resources. So we share in the wealth when the development of these resources occurs. â?¦ Itâ??s to maximize benefits for Alaskans, not an individual company, not some multinational somewhere, but for Alaskans."

new york elite media representing
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1091 on: October 27, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »
To down-play the role that race is playing in this election is ridiculous.....Race is playing an enourmous role in this election.  

Probably about 1/3 of the FTE's at the organization I work for are out on the organization dime participating in Get out the Vote activities in various battleground states.  This org has about 500 employees at HQ , not to mention a local presence in all 50 states, running a machine that represents about 1.5 million people all over the country.  It's a lot of freakin' votes.

We're getting an alarming number of reports stating that potentional voters are straight up telling them they won't vote for Obama because he's black.  

For many (including me) this election is about  more than just politics, it's about emotion and restoring the image of the US abroad.  Not to mention bucking back at a machine that has us involved in a war we perceive to be unjust and a subtle erosion of the civil liberties that make America.....America.

Honestly, nothing would make me happier than seeing the blood boil in the veins of racists in this country and the protectors of the good ol' boy's network upon realizing that their new Commander in Chief is a black man.  The upstart in me wants to just crush any machinery that a person like that believes in.

But all that said, put all that aside and take a pure look at policy and my vote is still clear.

We all know on this board who will get our votes next week.  I can't wait to cast mine, especially living in VA, knowing that my state will play an historical role in this election.

Cheers to all the spirited debate in this thread.

ratioci nation

« Reply #1092 on: October 28, 2008, 12:43:00 am »
Originally posted by chaz:

We all know on this board who will get our votes next week.  I can't wait to cast mine, especially living in VA, knowing that my state will play an historical role in this election.
More states should use the Oregon Vote by Mail system, I voted several days ago for Obama and Jeff Merkley and against mandatory drug sentences, felt great.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1093 on: October 28, 2008, 12:58:00 am »
 to me, it more fit the narrative that violence by obama supporters upon mccain supporters (i'm using violence loosely, from shooting up mccain signs and trying to set them on fire, to obama supporters at obama speeches yelling "stone her" and the c word when he talks about palin) being underreported by the MSN compared to the goings on of mccain supporters.
whatever makes you sleep at night, bede.  hope you're kidding yourself, 'cause you ain't kidding anyone else.  why hasn't the media been reporting mccain-on-obama violence?  because there hasn't been enough to report on.  guess whose campaign started the "terrorist" and "kill him" taunts? (hint: they are a staple at palin rallies).  the lopsidedness of violence against obama vs violence against mccain isn't even close, but congrats on pulling yet another classic from the GOP playbook: painting oneself as a victim when in fact one is the main aggressor.  not saying it doesn't happen - there is evidence that it has - but it's been decidedly one-sided.  the one story that managed to raise above the fray - "white southern GOP volunteer attacked by evil black obama supporter" - turned out to be a complete fabrication.  ya know what isn't false? ATF Says It Broke Up Tennessee Plot to Kill Obama, Other Blacks (oooooh, that's that "race" thing again).  another link.  

and i'm still waiting for a reply on my previous link, Pentagon Panel: Biden Was Right, Prep for 'Crisis' (third post on this page).  oh, that's right, because there is no defensible reply - so best to ignore inconvenient truths.  GOP has been busted.  again.

moral bankruptcy may soon be knocking on the GOP's door.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #1094 on: October 28, 2008, 08:57:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by chaz:

More states should use the Oregon Vote by Mail system, I voted several days ago for Obama and Jeff Merkley and against mandatory drug sentences, felt great. [/b]
one of the questions on the Maryland ballot this year is to start early voting processes.