Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193828 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #585 on: September 16, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
 His responsibility is to use the money to put himself in the best position to win the election.  Period.
If Obama wanted to do the responsible thing as opposed to the egotistical thing, he would cease campaigning and allow Biden to become the nominee. Destroying America and setting the Democratic Party and social progress back 6 decades is in no way responsible.

« Reply #586 on: September 16, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  opensecrets says obama has received $405,000 from UBS this cycle and mccain has received $140,000 this cycle.
Leeman Brothers employees gave Obama almost 10 million dollars so far.

vansmack

« Reply #587 on: September 16, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Sure.  But you could you break it down for me between individuals in lower and middle management (presumably thousands) vs. decision makers at the top (say, about 50)?
27>34

Mobius

« Reply #588 on: September 16, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

Originally posted by Mobius:
 His responsibility is to use the money to put himself in the best position to win the election.  Period.
If Obama wanted to do the responsible thing as opposed to the egotistical thing, he would cease campaigning and allow Biden to become the nominee. Destroying America and setting the Democratic Party and social progress back 6 decades is in no way responsible. [/b]
His responsibility as a candidate.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #589 on: September 16, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

senator a is obama
 senator b is biden
 senator c is mccain  
I don't see sex.  I only see competence. [/b]
well, i guess mcccain finds more competent  women.

"Only one of Obama's five best-paid Senate staffers is a woman. Of McCain's five best-paid Senate staffers, three are women.

Of Obama's top 20 salaried Senate staffers, seven are women. Of McCain's top 20 salaried Senate staffers, 13 are women."
OU812

sonickteam2

« Reply #590 on: September 16, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »
did you get laid off from your job, venerable?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #591 on: September 16, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »
 well, i guess mcccain finds more competent  women.

"Only one of Obama's five best-paid Senate staffers is a woman. Of McCain's five best-paid Senate staffers, three are women.

Of Obama's top 20 salaried Senate staffers, seven are women. Of McCain's top 20 salaried Senate staffers, 13 are women."
thank you for saving me the trouble of looking this up, this was just as i suspected.... the reason why mccain pays his women more than his men: he has more higher-ranking women on his staff.  this is indeed a good thing, but it proves NOTHING about mccain's stance on pay equity - which was the implication of your deceitful "which senator is a-b-c" quiz.
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #592 on: September 16, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »
Why don't you guys start talking about what the candidates will actually do?  Then you could disagree on policy, and perhaps reach some consensus on what directions y'all think the country should head in.

Just a thought.

« Reply #593 on: September 16, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  Why don't you guys start talking about what the candidates will actually do?
Because the majority of this board are Obamaphiles and Obama's consistent track record once winning an election is (a) accomplishing nothing of substance for the electorate and (b) immediately campaigning for a more powerful office.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #594 on: September 16, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  thank you for saving me the trouble of looking this up, this was just as i suspected.... the reason why mccain pays his women more than his men: he has more higher-ranking women on his staff.  this is indeed a good thing, but it proves NOTHING about mccain's stance on pay equity - which was the implication of your deceitful "which senator is a-b-c" quiz.
how does it prove nothing?  whatever mccain's "stance," he has hired and placed more women at higher levels in his staff than either obama or biden.  so, you can either talk about pay equity or you can do something about it.  you can either talk about putting women in to higher ranking positions, or you can put women into higher ranking positions.  which one would you choose?
OU812

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #595 on: September 16, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

Originally posted by callat703:
  Why don't you guys start talking about what the candidates will actually do?
Because the majority of this board are Obamaphiles and Obama's consistent track record once winning an election is (a) accomplishing nothing of substance for the electorate and (b) immediately campaigning for a more powerful office. [/b]
can you kindly explain why Senator Clinton represents the state of New York and not say the ones where she lived before becoming First Lady such as Illinois or Arkansas.  Or how about one those sexy flyover states or a red state?
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »
Let's not go back there.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »
  Because the majority of this board are Obamaphiles and Obama's consistent track record once winning an election is (a) accomplishing nothing of substance for the electorate and (b) immediately campaigning for a more powerful office.
OK - tell me all about McCain's policies...
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »
  While advising the McCain campaign, Gramm was being paid by UBS to lobby Congress about the U.S. mortgage crisis.

speaking of the mortgage crisis. . .ladies and gentlemen, obama advisor austan goolsbee!
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »
I love how your response to Phil Gramm was "well more UBS employees give to Obama then McCain" and then you point to Goolsbee, who was wrong in his analysis without ever once acknowledging that McCain's economic advisor drafted this de-regulation legislation that is ABSOLUTLEY responsible for this mess.  Just so I get ahead of your next delfection "sure Phil Gramm wrote it, but Clinton should have vetoed it!" - or how about the 54 Republican Senators shouldn't have let him get away with it!

So, answer me how Phil Gramm is not responsible for this legislation.

And to answer the question about what the candidates will do about it, I suspect that McCain will make Phil Gramm his Secretary of the Treasury.  Sleep well tonight....
27>34