Author Topic: Guided by Voices  (Read 46323 times)

jadetree

Re: Guided by Voices
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2003, 11:06:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  but buffalo and that other guy were annoying as hell.
you mean the one who got in your face?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  you mean the one who got in your face?
yeah. . .they're the ones.
OU812

Bags

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2003, 11:24:00 am »
  For all those people who complain about DC crowds though, you should have seen the crowd in Philly for the Shins.  It was quite impressive how perfectly still they stood.

AHA.  Just as I have always suspected!  I think we get an abnormally bad rap from D.C. folks about our own crowds.  And yet, for all the complaints, it's hard to imagine that everyone complaining is *not* standing still themselves.

Jadetree, the decision to get some drinking in during MMJ has me thinking, "Jadetree sounds like an excellent concert buddy!"

Glad you had a great show.

« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2003, 11:37:00 am »
I wouldn't excactly call the Shins music to dance to. Probably one of the reasons I like them so much. I'd be fine if there was no dancing at any show I went to. Dancing is so gay.

Bags

« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I wouldn't excactly call the Shins music to dance to. Probably one of the reasons I like them so much. I'd be fine if there was no dancing at any show I went to. Dancing is so gay.
I'm proud....to be....a gay show dancer!

There is a middle ground between dancing and imitating a standing corpse (requisite folded arms pose and all).  There are too many standing corpses at indie shows.

lefty

« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2003, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

Jadetree, the decision to get some drinking in during MMJ has me thinking, "Jadetree sounds like an excellent concert buddy!"

He's a great concert buddy, except when he's telling you, "Dude, you're going to be so messed up.  Pace yourself."  I was on track to leave the Troc on a stretcher.  Thanks to Jadetree, I was actually able to walk out of that place. How very un-GbV is that?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2003, 12:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by lefty:
 [QB]   Thanks to Jadetree, I was actually able to walk out of that place. How very un-GbV is that?
very un-gbv like.  you should try to go drink for drink during the show with bob, and assume that you are going drink for drink with bob before the show. . .if you are up to it, you should continue such activity after the show, cause you know that bob will still be drinking after the show.
OU812

Bags

« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
How on earth does Bob do it?  I so wanted to ask that question to Tommy Keene, who's working with him now and did a couple dates with GBV in CA in late August.  But the question seems awfully uncouth, so I didn't.

jadetree

« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2003, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by lefty:
  He's a great concert buddy, except when he's telling you, "Dude, you're going to be so messed up.  Pace yourself."  I was on track to leave the Troc on a stretcher.  Thanks to Jadetree, I was actually able to walk out of that place. How very un-GbV is that?
I don't believe I said "Dude"

lefty

« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2003, 01:13:00 pm »
 I don't believe I said "Dude"
Maybe not, but my abuse of Jack Daniels managed to permanently alter my recollection of the evening.  Thanks for that, by the way.

« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »
aND IF i don't conform to that middle ground, does that make me a rebel?  :)

There is a middle ground between dancing and imitating a standing corpse (requisite folded arms pose and all).  There are too many standing corpses at indie shows. [/b]

marchdoe

« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2003, 01:59:00 pm »
na just makes you a boring sole.

The floor of the troc was the craziest I have ever seen during cut out witch, tractor rape chain, and game of pricks. Give me that any day over standing. If I wanted to stand, I would stay home, and write messages on a message board all night.

Bags

« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
Nope, the rebels are the folks who *do* take that middle ground.  Because they actually *appear* to be enjoying the music, which apparently is not so deck!

:)  

There is a middle ground between dancing and imitating a standing corpse (requisite folded arms pose and all).  There are too many standing corpses at indie shows. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

Jaguär

« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2003, 04:56:00 pm »

[/b]
Me too.

I'm out of the closet; I'm a gay Indie show dancer!

I looked for you Saturday night, Bags, put I had no idea exactly who I was looking for. Nice to have almost met you.

mankie

« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2003, 05:00:00 pm »
I'm trying to fit in with you indie hipsters so I have another concert behaviour question..

When is it fin to sing along with the band and when is it deck?

I know there's times when either may apply.