Author Topic: Demolish Nissan Pavilion...the Coldplay thread.  (Read 31672 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Demolish Nissan Pavilion...the Coldplay thread.
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2005, 09:32:00 am »
Nissan holds 25,000

930 holds 1200

you do the math

JGatz

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2005, 11:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  Nissan holds 25,000

930 holds 1200

you do the math
That's about 21 930 shows...

A couple of years back Tom Petty did an entire month at the Filmore in SF.  I don't think you've ever done anything similar, have you?  Not that it makes great business sense but it's an interesting idea, taking a pretty good selling artist and giving them an entire month of shows at the club.  Hey that's all the rage in Vegas.  They built brand new theatres for Celine and Elton.  They don't have to lug their gear all over the country for a tour but they still charge the same amount for tickets and they play in the same place every night.

What great band can you convince not to go on tour but play a month of shows at the 930 instead???

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2005, 11:57:00 am »
Good Charlotte?

Lively One

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2005, 01:23:00 am »
It took us 3 1/2 hours from Columbia, MD.  I'll never do it again.  Philly, NYC, here I come.  At least the 3+ hour drive to New York would be worth it.  Goddamn Virginia roads!  What a backwards state!

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2005, 07:33:00 am »
the problem is that, as many times as people say they're not going back there, they go anyway

so it's very hard to convince a band like Coldplay that people don't want to go there when the show sells out

believe me, I tried

and now they are able to say I was wrong, people will go there

and I'm thinking maybe they're right...I mean, they obviously are right

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
  the problem is that, as many times as people say they're not going back there, they go anyway

so it's very hard to convince a band like Coldplay that people don't want to go there when the show sells out

believe me, I tried

and now they are able to say I was wrong, people will go there

and I'm thinking maybe they're right...I mean, they obviously are right
I go to around 12-15 shows a year, and I've still never been to Nissan, because of the traffic issues.  I'll go to Baltimore, Philly, A.C., NY, even Vegas for shows, but no Nissan. there's never been a show there worth that fight. so there's one for you Seth.  Tell Coldplay's management. Psyched for Wee Fighters/Foozer tomorrow.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2005, 12:28:00 pm »
a little digging turns up

DC Music Management
 1555 North Vine Street
 Los Angeles, CA 90028 United States
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2005, 05:04:00 am »

So Seth, is that your justification for giving people the shaft on the price of a yuengling?

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2005, 07:35:00 am »
It's the wages of sin...the price that you must pay for even wanting to go and see Hanson &/or Tom Jones.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

So Seth, is that your justification for giving people the shaft on the price of a yuengling? [/b]
no, but it's the same supply/demand theory...if sales drop, then we will obviously need to reconsider...you should quit buying it if it bothers you that much

when was the last time you remember the price of Yuengling changing?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2005, 08:21:00 am »

So Seth, is that your justification for giving people the shaft on the price of a yuengling? [/b]
no, but it's the same supply/demand theory...if sales drop, then we will obviously need to reconsider...you should quit buying it if it bothers you that much

when was the last time you remember the price of Yuengling changing? [/b]
Oh, I stopped buying drinks at the 930 a long time ago Seth so it's no big deal at all for me. I stopped buying drinks, then stopped going to the club on a regular basis, then I moved away...so losing my business is not going to cause you to sell that Lear Jet you commute in!  ;)  

Besides, I've been saying exactly the same as you regarding the price of beer and the cost of a night out in general...stop whining and stop going or nothing will change, and I don't blame the club for making as much profit as you can....you're running a business for God's sake!

Bags

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2005, 09:56:00 am »
  Oh, I stopped buying drinks at the 930 a long time ago
While I havent stopped completely, cold turkey, on Saturday I did my drinking at the Saloon.  $6.50 for 20 oz of Double Diamond.  I'd say that far improves upon the $6 yuengling.  Didn't have any beer at 9:30 at all...on a Saturday night.  That's a sea change for me.  (I had a couple Heineken's at the Club on Friday, but mostly drank at DC9 -- $2 Yuengling between 9 and 10:00.  Hot damn)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2009, 01:09:12 pm »
Are you referring to this, kosmo?  ;D
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »
Are you referring to this, kosmo?  ;D

i think he was referring to a whole different website! 
 but this thread was funny as Seth seemed to get defensive and believe that the people who were complaining about Nissan were also the people going.

we could start that back up again, no problem! it was entertaining!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2009, 01:55:28 pm »
speaking on entertaining in this thread:

wow.  i have never been to the Nissan Pavilion and I have never heard anything good about it.

I would go if Radiohead was playing. thats probably it though.

great prediction, sonick!  3 years before it actually happened...
<sig>