Author Topic: Keane call  (Read 11256 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Keane call
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 09:30:00 am »
HA HA!! Wow...I'm glad I know now. Shit, I better not piss off Supergrass tonight, then. I've heard that Gaz has a hell of an uppercut.

anastasia

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004, 09:36:00 am »
I've managed to miss Supergrass everytime they've come to town.  And I can't see them tonight.

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  HA HA!! Wow...I'm glad I know now. Shit, I better not piss off Supergrass tonight, then. I've heard that Gaz has a hell of an uppercut.
actually, Supergrass hopes you dont even bother coming tonight!

;)

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 09:41:00 am »
Well, they're outta luck...but that explains why they cancel so much when they come to DC! It's happened twice that I can think of.

megs

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 09:51:00 am »
i have to say that i for one was really impressed by the show. my friends and i were all loving keane's sound, and tom's dancing was a cute little plus. you can't really be down on them for being late, either. lest we forget the weather was rather shit yesterday.

xcanuck

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2004, 09:52:00 am »
I couldn't be bothered to wait for the show to start. I must have missed Keane by about 5 mins. It sucks that they only played half an hour. People will remember that s**t the next time they come around.

J'Mal

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
weather my ass.  it rained, it wasn't a hurricane.  their equipment made it and sat under a tarp until well past 11.

it's just not responsible to try to do shows in NY and DC  the same day.  there's a sold out club full of people who want to hear you, you should schedule yourself to probably get there on time, and not be too busy to play more than half an hour.

eltee

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by J'Mal:
  weather my ass.  it rained, it wasn't a hurricane.  their equipment made it and sat under a tarp until well past 11.

it's just not responsible to try to do shows in NY and DC  the same day.  there's a sold out club full of people who want to hear you, you should schedule yourself to probably get there on time, and not be too busy to play more than half an hour.
? That's equipment, which is much easier to transport. Did the band drive or fly? NY to DC makes sense, but it can cause problems when flying out of NYC in bad weather. Booking agents do their best, but I've seen worse city-to-city schedules. I'm not sure why they only played for half an hour, maybe that is the noise ordinance regarding shows not going past a certain hour during the week? A late start and short set are really unfortunate and too bad it's not told prior to heading down there, or earlier in the evening.

J'Mal

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
so the equipment can fly or drive faster than the band?

bullshit.

they were busy doing other things and couldn't be bothered to leave NY on time.

eltee

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
Equipment can be shipped or transported immediately after a show, or early in the day.  If a band/artist flies and is held up at an airport due to delays for their safety, then yeah.
 Where did they play in NY on the 28th? Keane's schedule on their website states they were in Philly the night before last.

so the equipment can fly or drive faster than the band?

bullshit.

they were busy doing other things and couldn't be bothered to leave NY on time.

heisindc

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2004, 11:31:00 am »
HFS guy said they were doing conan

wxdude

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2004, 11:32:00 am »
I was disappointed as well.  It seemed to me they were really speeding through the set.  I bailed about 11:45 to catch the metro, and it sounds like I didn't miss much.  I see they are playing Irving Plaza in New York today?  Seems like they tried to cram too much in a few days.  Although I like the CD, I doubt I would go see them again live.

megs

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
don't hate on them. if anything it's the fault of their booking agent. but scheduling a tour is doubtlessly hard, and i too have seen far worse schedules than this one. plus, they were very apologetic, both during and after the show. the set wasn't as long as i would have liked, but i didn't feel they sped through it.

J'Mal

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2004, 11:45:00 am »
"delays for their safety?"

what, is al qaeda looking for them?

Come on, it's very simple.  If equipment can get on a van, train, or plane, so can people.  Or you think the authorities would allow a plane full of amps and keyboards to crash, since it would only risk the pilot and some random people on the ground, but a plane full of KEANE -- ooo, we have to wait for the typhoon to pass?

total bullshit.  they packed too much in their schedule.  when their 15 minutes are up, they'll regret it.  i went because i kinda liked them, they missed a chance to turn at least one person here into a fan and by the looks of it, i'm not the only one.

eltee

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2004, 11:48:00 am »
  but a plane full of KEANE -- ooo, we have to wait for the typhoon to pass?

I wasn't speaking specifically of just them. Delays happen when traveling.