Author Topic: Keane call  (Read 11254 times)

markie

Re: Keane call
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2004, 03:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  what the hell is a dream job?
web design.

thirsty moore

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »
What channel's ESPN on?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 i dont watch TV, ass

and i even fell asleep just as they were announcing who got cut from Dream Job

sonickteam2

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  What channel's ESPN on?

markie

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  what the hell is dream job?
making a beautiful website for jesus

ratioci nation

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2004, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Deepak Chopra:
  web design.
damn straight, nothing but women and money

ratioci nation

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2004, 04:17:00 pm »
you wont even watch this sonick?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6132222/

Bags

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2004, 11:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by megs:
  plus, they were very apologetic, both during and after the show.  
They should have "apologized" by playing a decent set.  There's no excuse at all for playing for half an hour.  Especially when they came late.  They're a fucking indie band, they don't have to get up at the crack of dawn the next day -- much of their audience does, and if they're willing to stay, the band should play for the folks who waited around so long....

The flight delays I understand -- happens to me every time I choose to fly to NY rather than train, but they *did* get here, so play for over a freakin' hour!

Jaguär

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2004, 02:37:00 am »
I agree with Bags completely!

As far as tv goes, I almost never watch it either and even I knew about Leno and I live in Baltimore. It was just one of those unavoidable news items of the day.

And J'Mal, yes it was a hurricane. Or the remnants of one. My neighborhood was so flooded out that streets were closed and some various public transportation systems taken offline for the remainder of the day.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2004, 08:06:00 am »
what do people expect they only have one 50 minute long album, sure there are a handful of b-sides and very early tracks which in general people haven't heard.  maybe a cover would pad the set but it would seems more then 60 minutes is a stretch.  bands like this should be a co-headlining tour with another flash in the pan band doing a 60 minute set...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by your mom:
  to settle any debate:

the gear for conan was rented - all of their regular gear and their drum tech were in DC all day.  conan didn't begin taping until 5 PM.

oh and the reason they were booked for last night's conan instead of tonight when they've got a show in NY is because it was the night after jay leno announced that conan would be taking over the tonight show.  therefore, double the standard ratings were predicted for the show.
If it makes any of you feel better, their performance on Letterman at the beginning of the month was far superior to their performance on Conan this week.
27>34

lily1

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2004, 01:32:00 pm »
they did not play for 30 minutes! i was there. they played for nearly an hour. they have one album. which gives them maybe an 1.5 hour set max, if they do any unreleased songs or b sides.

they went on at 11.15 and went off at 12.05. i was there the entire time. and yes they were apologetic and i don't think the band should be blamed for what was probably their manager or tour manager's scheduling snafus.

it was a good show. french kicks did a solid set, keane did a solid set.

and for the record, keane is not trying to be coldplay. starsailor is more like it. i'd be curious how their second album turns out now and if its a bit more sophisticated.

but for $15, and yeah, we had to wait over an hour extra for them it was a decent evening.

just take away the typical hfs crowd, but that again, is not the band's fault.

i'm surprised fico hasn't posted yet. he was right next to me.

"hi fico"

"hi, here's my cd. $5. pay me next time"

aggressive sales man, is that fico!

lily1

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
and as for tom mccrae, i wish he would do a show backstage at the black cat. he was here 2 years ago, when he opened for the waterboys. but opening for rachel yamagata? what an insult to his talents. it should be the other way around.