Author Topic: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion  (Read 41328 times)

sonickteam2

Re: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2003, 09:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
  I decided to stick with my Lawn tickets instead of buying pavillion seats when ticketmolester re-released them.  For that very reason I predict will rain cats and dogs with 4 direct lightning strikes.  Radiohead will be forced to cancel and the pavillion will be torched and burned to the ground by rioting DC area Radiohead fans who have had enough of mother nature foiling their life-long plans of seeing Radiohead play.  Bring a poncho.
thank you captain optimism

lily1

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2003, 11:40:00 am »
mongo luv, you forgot the tornado that will whip thru columbia and the hurrican predicted to touch down that day too!  :D

Originally posted by Mongo:
  I decided to stick with my Lawn tickets instead of buying pavillion seats when ticketmolester re-released them.  For that very reason I predict will rain cats and dogs with 4 direct lightning strikes.  Radiohead will be forced to cancel and the pavillion will be torched and burned to the ground by rioting DC area Radiohead fans who have had enough of mother nature foiling their life-long plans of seeing Radiohead play.  Bring a poncho.

Mobius

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2003, 08:21:00 pm »
I'm thinking earthquake.

andyrichter

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2003, 09:00:00 pm »
i'm going to watch tv that night.  damn my packed schedule.  gotta find a way to get to this show.....

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2003, 02:44:00 pm »
Hey, so has anyone else noticed the unusually early starting time for the Merriweather show? 6:30 while other venues are 7:30. Makes me wonder if Radiohead are going to give us an extra long set to make up for past cancellations? Just an optimistic guess...and a fun one to contemplate!

nkotb

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
Is 6:30 the start time?  I was expecting that was the time the gates open.  

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  Hey, so has anyone else noticed the unusually early starting time for the Merriweather show? 6:30 while other venues are 7:30. Makes me wonder if Radiohead are going to give us an extra long set to make up for past cancellations? Just an optimistic guess...and a fun one to contemplate!

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2003, 02:53:00 pm »
That's what I thought, too, but a Radiohead site that I just looked at said gates at 5:30... I haven't double-checked with the MPP site so maybe I am just hopeful for no reason...

Update: I just checked the MPP site and couldn't figure it out. Other shows seem to start later. I will send a message to MPP and ask.

mankie

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
Thom has to be in bed by 10pm during the week.

Jaguär

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2003, 06:27:00 pm »
Maybe they are allowing extra time to compensate for rain delays.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2003, 08:41:00 am »
Okay! First of all, GATES are definitely at 5PM for the Merriweather show. Get there by 7:45! I really think they are going to do a 3 hour set for us...

Reporting back on the Philly show: Incredible of course! I won't go through the set list since they change it every night. But the best sequence was I Might Be Wrong, Talk Show Host, Idioteque, Fake Plastic Trees. Actually, the whole second half was the strongest. Thom danced like crazy and the band was in fine form. This may be a rather radical statement, but I have to say that the songs from Kid A and Amnesiac are my favorite live songs over any other albums. The songs have so much intensity and depth. And Idioteque is just one of the best live songs EVER! Oh and they made Everything in its right Place into a dance tune -fabulous. My seats were quite a ways from the stage, so I am looking forward to tomorrow and a much better view.

lily1

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2003, 10:02:00 pm »
7.45pm? for the start of the show, or do you mean after that malkmus guy gets off stage and radiohead takes the stage?

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2003, 07:54:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  7.45pm? for the start of the show, or do you mean after that malkmus guy gets off stage and radiohead takes the stage?
Well, in Philly, Radiohead took the stage at 8:45. So with the early start time, it is possible that Radiohead might come on stage at 7:45. Who knows, but it would be better to be there earlier just in case. I am SO excited for the show!! Especially after seeing Monday's show. This day at work is going to last foreverrrr...

If you want to take a look at set lists and reviews of the shows so far, look  here.

lily1

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2003, 09:22:00 am »
i'm leaving dc at 4.30pm. yeah, that gives me a ton of time to get there but you never know, esp with radiohead.

thanks for the link kurosawa.

saturngrl

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
sadly, i wont get on the road from Alexandria till 6, but am hoping to get there for the start of Radiohead.  The setlists look great though!

sonickteam2

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2003, 10:11:00 am »
i hope they play "Creep"