Author Topic: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion  (Read 41327 times)

Mobius

Re: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2003, 10:21:00 am »
Looks like a nice day.  Perhaps a little too nice.

sonickteam2

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
yeah, the calm before the storm.....actually though, i am feeling a terrorist attack coming on.

maybe i shouldnt say that.

and i have decided that "Idioteque" is the greatest live song ever sung.....

myuman

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i hope they play "Creep"
Don't you know, cool radiohead fans never make such a request.... However, I'm with you.  They played it in Mass. a week ago, and my night certainly doesn't revolve around it, but it would be nice.

sonickteam2

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2003, 10:47:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:

i hope they play "Creep"
Don't you know, cool radiohead fans never make such a request.... However, I'm with you.  They played it in Mass. a week ago, and my night certainly doesn't revolve around it, but it would be nice. [/b]
actually, I was kidding, I dont want to hear Creep.  There are MANY MANY other songs that i would rather hear, that i have a feeling i wont.
   Anyone Can Play Guitar, Stop Whispering, I Can't, Street Spirit, Packt Like Sardines and Follow Me Around to name a few  ;)

mankie

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2003, 11:05:00 am »
  yeah, the calm before the storm.....actually though, i am feeling a terrorist attack coming on.

Whatever happens it will Canada's fault!  ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2003, 11:29:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:

Whatever happens it will Canada's fault!   :D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
Let's assume for a minute that the show will not be cancelled due to unforseen disaster (collapsed roads, floods etc).  

I've got a question for those of you that may have been to Merriweather before.  How hectic is it sitting on the lawn?  Is it hard to get a spot where I'll be able to see?  I've really got no idea what to expect. I'm going to the show with my pregnant wife and am just wondering what kind of experience I can expect getting into the venue and finding a place to sit our butts down.

sonickteam2

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2003, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by chaz:
  Let's assume for a minute that the show will not be cancelled due to unforseen disaster (collapsed roads, floods etc).  

I've got a question for those of you that may have been to Merriweather before.  How hectic is it sitting on the lawn?  Is it hard to get a spot where I'll be able to see?  I've really got no idea what to expect. I'm going to the show with my pregnant wife and am just wondering what kind of experience I can expect getting into the venue and finding a place to sit our butts down.
Well, obviously depends on when you get there. If the gates are at 5:30 and thats when you get there, bring a blanket and plop yourselves down, that way , one of you can walk away and save your good spot.  its not like a normal GA kind of show where you can work your way up front last minute.
   but since its an early show, on a wed. the crowd shouldnt start arriving til after 6pm, so getting there at 5:30 would get you primo lawn spots no problem!  but really, no place on the lawn is too bad, since your really just watching the big screens anyway.

Summerteeth

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
Unless ticketmaster has now taken down the show on their site and tickets are only available at the box office, the show is now sold out.

How many people does Merriweather hold altogether anyway? 15,000?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2003, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Summerteeth:
  Unless ticketmaster has now taken down the show on their site and tickets are only available at the box office, the show is now sold out.

Whether it's sold out or not, I'm pretty sure ticketbastard doesn't ever sell tickets to an event on the day of the event.  I could be wrong though.  I've tested this theory once or twice....an event was no longer listed on ticketbastard's website the day of the event, but were still available at the venue boxoffice.

Summerteeth

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »
Ok, well thanks for the information.  I never really thought about it one way or the other before.

MaLo

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

Originally posted by Summerteeth:

Whether it's sold out or not, I'm pretty sure ticketbastard doesn't ever sell tickets to an event on the day of the event.  I could be wrong though.  I've tested this theory once or twice....an event was no longer listed on ticketbastard's website the day of the event, but were still available at the venue boxoffice. [/b]
tickets.com stops selling tix on the day of the show at 1pm, at least for wolftrap...i don't know if tm has the same policy...you could call tm and ask them if any are available to purchase at the box office...i'm actually regretting not buying tickets for tonite now..oh well..i'll be working at wolftrap tonite for the boston pops, if any one is going to that happening show

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Dammit. So much for my 3 hour show theory. Someone just posted to the ateaseweb message board saying that they called the venue and Radiohead is scheduled from 7:45 to 10. Maybe we can get them to go longer...

bearman🐻

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2003, 02:09:00 pm »
I don't fucking care at this point. If they came out and did an hour of uninterrupted music that included "Climbing Up the Walls", "Street Spirit", "Optimistic", and "There There", I'd be a VERY happy camper.  I've waited so long for this!

sonickteam2

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
This just in........

Tonight's Radiohead show at Merriweather Post Pavilion is officially CANCELLED due to a strange injury suffered by Thom Yorke.  Apparently, he laughed until his head came off.

Stay tuned for more information.