Author Topic: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion  (Read 41324 times)

sonickteam2

Re: RadioHead - Merriweather Post Pavilion
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2003, 09:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

Originally posted by saturngrl:
  could someone post the play list?  i did not get there till Creep was just ending, and was wondering what i missed?  What i saw of the show was amazing though.  It made the 3 hour trip from Alexandria worth it.
7 out of 23 songs was worth it? [/b]
Questioning peoples ability to make things in thier life happy is kind of ignorant.

jadetree

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2003, 09:15:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  Questioning peoples ability to make things in thier life happy is kind of ignorant.
So is charging people a shitload for a ticket to come to a venue where people are still coming in right before the encore because of traffic.

Radiohead is just a band.

sonickteam2

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2003, 09:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

So is charging people a shitload for a ticket to come to a venue where people are still coming in right before the encore because of traffic.

Radiohead is just a band. [/b]
But they are some peoples favourite band. And although, getting there before the encore is NOT the desirable outcome, doesnt make it not worth it. Some people had a great time last night, and you just shouldnt be a jerk trying to piss on other peoples parade.  thats all i am saying.

jadetree

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2003, 09:31:00 am »
  But they are some peoples favourite band. And although, getting there before the encore is NOT the desirable outcome, doesnt make it not worth it. Some people had a great time last night, and you just shouldnt be a jerk trying to piss on other peoples parade.  thats all i am saying.
You are so holier than thou Sonick.  She didn't even know how many songs that were played.  You posted there were 23, if I just realized I miss that many songs I would be pissed.  So I asked again if it was worth it.

sonickteam2

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2003, 09:35:00 am »
I am not holier than thou.  I am just saying, someone missed half the show (and she knows she did) and still loved it.  You just sitting over there saying "was it worth it?"  could maybe make someone think "well, now i dont know"  

Do you want to be that guy?  

In her original post she said it was worth it.  You are just asking stupid condescending questions.  and dont go calling me holier than anyone... you are like "Mr. Wet Blanket" all the time.

jadetree

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2003, 09:39:00 am »
  I am not holier than thou.  I am just saying, someone missed half the show (and she knows she did) and still loved it.  You just sitting over there saying "was it worth it?"  could maybe make someone think "well, now i dont know"  

Do you want to be that guy?  

In her original post she said it was worth it.  You are just asking stupid condescending questions.  and dont go calling me holier than anyone... you are like "Mr. Wet Blanket" all the time.
Yay! Radiohead, they can do no wrong, I am glad everyone had a great time.

saturngrl

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2003, 09:51:00 am »
i wasn't trying to start any trouble.  they are my favorite band, and while i would have loved to have been there early and in the seat i paid for (left center T) it didn't work out for me that way.  2 years ago i bought tickets, and never got a glimpse and was crushed.  So, no, it was not my desired outcome, and it sucks that i missed hearing them play some of my favorite songs, but at least i got to hear 8 of them.  The people sitting in traffic behind me didn't even get that much.  Merriweather was obviously unprepared for that many people, but i'll know better the next time.

Bags

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2003, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by eros:
  Agree it was great, but....

what kind of rock show ends at 9:45???
Liz Phair

nkotb

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2003, 10:06:00 am »
On a slightly different note, what did everyone think of the Jicks performance?  I thought it was pretty good, although Malkmus's loose stage manner (stopping songs and then restarting them, joking around, talking to the crowd) didn't seem to go over too well in a place of that size.  His setlist was also kind of strange; I liked all of that songs he played (and granted, I know their first album much more than I know the new one), but I only recognized a handful (two from the first album and maybe 4 or 5 from the new one).  Any idea where the other songs came from?

sonickteam2

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2003, 10:22:00 am »
We watched SM for a little while, but it was nice outside and we didnt wanna be under that pavilion for too long.  
   Very good instrumentation, but as far as songs went...well, i could never really figure out when one song was starting and another one was ending.  It certainly wasnt enough to hold my attention, or really anyone elses for that matter, no one looked too into it.
   NKOTB is very right, not really the band for a ampitheatre
   I'd like to see him in a smaller place.

lily1

« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
malkmus did nothing for me. too hard to follow in a venue that size. needs a date at the 930 but i still dont think i'd go. was rather underwhelmed.

wxdude

« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
I get tired of hearing people whine "I missed most of the set because I was stuck in traffic", etc.  LEAVE EARLIER!!!  I live in Southern MD, and knew the traffic would be a nightmare, so I allowed plenty of time to make sure I didn't miss a second of Radiohead.  As it turned out, I arrived at about 6:15, and caught SM too.  As far as the show, it was fantasitc!  I thought they couldn't top the Field Day Festival, but they did.  It just confirmed for me there are very few bands that perform at the same level as Radiohead. I was pleasantly surprised to here Wolf at the Door, Just and yes even Creep.

eros

« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
Can someone please shed some light on the strange set times?  At first I believed that we were going to get some kind of "special extra-long" set to make up for the past DC problems (how naive of me).

I know Merriweather has a noise curfew, but isn't it 11:00?  Looks like all other Radiohead shows on the tour are at the "normal" time.
ʎɐʍou

myuman

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2003, 10:49:00 am »
I'm shocked at the traffic problems that some encountered.  I remember being on the beltway for 3 hours for the stones last year only to find Dan Snyder asking for $25 to park.  I came from Frederick last night and from my house to the parking lot took 40 minutes.  70 East, 29  South and arrived at exactly 5:45.  My "moment the tickets went on sale" seats put me pretty much behind the soundboard in the back of the pavillion.  I was however privy to a setlist long before the show started.  Started walking to the car during No Suprises, and was in bed by 10:30.... I do however sympathise with you folks that had it rough.

sonickteam2

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2003, 10:49:00 am »
Originally posted by wxdude:
    I thought they couldn't top the Field Day Festival, but they did.
My thoughts EXACTLY.  amazing isnt it?