Author Topic: Dandy Warhols Presale info  (Read 20091 times)

SPARX

Re: Dandy Warhols Presale info
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2003, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Originally posted by mankie:
   You can't tell me that $16 for a pint of Boddies and pint of flat Guiness is not out of order in a shit hole like Polly's.

They must have mischarged you. The beers are around $5 a pint. Not $8. It was odd the other time because the evil waitress was nice to us. I did get "shushed" by the miserable barman though, YAY!!!! [/b]
Especially with the lousy 'tude of the bar wench and the old witch of a waitress that barges her way past everyone so you spill your $16 boddies and flat guinness!                                                                                                  :p  Do they serve any dark beer other than Guiness?Directions?

markie

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2003, 04:37:00 pm »
Pollys is on Ust between 14th and 13th. On the right if you go from 14th to to 13th. Not much beer choice. they are 4 minutes walk from 930.

For a bigger beer choice there is the saloon across the road. But the food is less good there and the old letcherous waiter always touches the boys and the girls and gives everyone the creeps.

I kinda like pollys.

Jaguär

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

You can't tell me that $16 for a pint of Boddies and pint of flat Guiness is not out of order in a shit hole like Polly's.

They must have mischarged you. The beers are around $5 a pint. Not $8. It was odd the other time because the evil waitress was nice to us. I did get "shushed" by the miserable barman though, YAY!!!! [/b]
Especially with the lousy 'tude of the bar wench and the old witch of a waitress that barges her way past everyone so you spill your $16 boddies and flat guinness!                                                                                                   :p   Do they serve any dark beer other than Guiness?Directions? [/b]
It's an okay place, after all is said and done. Nothing fancy but the food isn't bad.

It's on U St. just the 9:30 Club side of 14th St.. Only several doors down from 14th St.. Look for the black flat sculptures outside the place. If you are going away from the 9:30 Club and towards 14th, it's on the left side of the street.

markie

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  My point being that it costs a lot to put on a live electric show which has to be passed onto the consumer, therefore, warranting a bit higher drink cost.
that is why the club normally gets a cut of the door money?

At velvet lounge they get the first $60 apparently. I wonder what the 930's deal is?

SPARX

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2003, 04:39:00 pm »
[[/qb][/QUOTE]I have that as the last track from their Black album.What do yu guys think of it compared to their  proper releases? [/qb][/QUOTE]I liked the other covers (Hell's Bells, Ohio) better than Edmund Fitzgerald.  They also did The Nuge's "Free for All" which was kind of weird. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Hmm,i have none of those on my copy.Here's the track list of what i have:                                             1:Hey Check Hey...2:ccr...3:good morning...4:head...5:Whitegold...6:boys...7:Traci lords...8:Get you high(probably my fave from this)...9shiny leather...10:alien...11:instrumental...12:nother nameless in....13:minasoter...14:wreck of the edmund fitzgerald... That's all i have,so what else am i missing other than the aforementioned covers?

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2003, 04:43:00 pm »
I think the Polly's food is pretty average.

Has anybody tried the food at Cafe Saint-Ex on 14th?

mankie

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2003, 04:44:00 pm »

Especially with the lousy 'tude of the bar wench and the old witch of a waitress that barges her way past everyone so you spill your $16 boddies and flat guinness!                                                                                                   :p   Do they serve any dark beer other than Guiness?Directions? [/b]
BASS..it was actually a pint of Bass and flat Guiness for $16, which makes it even more of an insult.

Stay away from the Guiness by the way, just save yourself $6 and drink a quart of oil rather than drink their shit.

ggw

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
                                                Hmm,i have none of those on my copy.Here's the track list of what i have:                                             1:Hey Check Hey...2:ccr...3:good morning...4:head...5:Whitegold...6:boys...7:Traci lords...8:Get you high(probably my fave from this)...9shiny leather...10:alien...11:instrumental...12:nother nameless in....13:minasoter...14:wreck of the edmund fitzgerald... That's all i have,so what else am i missing other than the aforementioned covers?
I don't have the much-vaunted "Black" album.  I have a collection of mp3s that used to be on their site and appeared on some imports.

The only covers I can recall are the aforementioned (Hell's Bells, Ohio, Wreck of the EF, Free for All) and a couple that I have on a UK import (Eight Days A Week, BJM's Stars)

I know that there are some recordings of Zia doing Janis Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" but I don't know if those are just live boots.

SPARX

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
[/qb][/QUOTE]BASS..it was actually a pint of Bass and flat Guiness for $16, which makes it even more of an insult.

Stay away from the Guiness by the way, just save yourself $6 and drink a quart of oil rather than drink their shit. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                            I'm not a big fan of Guiness anyway.Does the 930 still serve Rock Creeks Black Raven porter?

markie

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

actually that is a good idea...... maybe we will go there for a change.

SPARX

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2003, 04:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggw™:

[qb]                                                I don't have the much-vaunted "Black" album.  I have a collection of mp3s that used to be on their site and appeared on some imports.

[/b]
Wanna trade  :D

Jaguär

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Hmm,i have none of those on my copy.Here's the track list of what i have:                                             1:Hey Check Hey...2:ccr...3:good morning...4:head...5:Whitegold...6:boys...7:Traci lords...8:Get you high(probably my fave from this)...9shiny leather...10:alien...11:instrumental...12:nother nameless in....13:minasoter...14:wreck of the edmund fitzgerald... That's all i have,so what else am i missing other than the aforementioned covers?
I don't have the much-vaunted "Black" album.  I have a collection of mp3s that used to be on their site and appeared on some imports.

The only covers I can recall are the aforementioned (Hell's Bells, Ohio, Wreck of the EF, Free for All) and a couple that I have on a UK import (Eight Days A Week, BJM's Stars)

I know that there are some recordings of Zia doing Janis Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" but I don't know if those are just live boots. [/b]
They are pretty good at giving MP3s away of odd recordings of their songs. I have that one of Merceds Benz. You aren't missing anything, believe me! The Edmund Fitzgerald one is okay but not one of my favorites. Hell's Bells is one of the better ones. There are a lot of others, some of which are pretty good such as Black Dog. And there's another of which I can't remember the title of but you can hear that it's the work up of You Were The Last High but jammed out a bit and I don't think it has lyrics yet.

mankie

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

actually that is a good idea...... maybe we will go there for a change. [/b]
That's were we went after the shafting in polly's...it's a good bar if you're not a homophobe.

ggw

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2003, 05:01:00 pm »

[qb]                                                I don't have the much-vaunted "Black" album.  I have a collection of mp3s that used to be on their site and appeared on some imports.

[/b]
Wanna trade   :D  [/b]
Sure.

Whatcha looking for?

I can give you a copy of the Stars and Eight Days a Week import plus a copy of the three Massive Attack remixes of Godless.

SPARX

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2003, 05:14:00 pm »

[/b]
Wanna trade    :D   [/b]
Sure.

Whatcha looking for?

I can give you a copy of the Stars and Eight Days a Week import plus a copy of the three Massive Attack remixes of Godless. [/b]
Can you stick those and the covers that were mentioned on CDR.If so,i'll burn you a copy of the Black album,sound good?I'm gonna try to burn a few copies of my most recent mixes to give out as well.So,who all on here is going on friday?