Author Topic: grog & tankerd  (Read 23296 times)

paige

Re: grog & tankerd
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2003, 07:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkman:
  Heritage India, on the other hand, is incredible, but very pricey.  And I guess Tandoori is sort of Indian BBQ...
so i guess we wont' be having our engagement dinner there?  ;)

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2003, 09:41:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  So, where is there a good bbq place in DC?
Can't think of any worth mentioning within D.C., but The Old Hickory Grille in Falls Church is one that I would recommend.

All of the really good ones are near Baltimore.

chknfngrs

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2003, 09:50:00 am »
no good bbq comes from DC.

go west, don't stop until Owensboro KY. stop at first gas station, ask for Old Hickory or Moonlite. Then try the burgoo.

mankie

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2003, 09:56:00 am »
Originally posted by markie:

Oh and Manchester is one on Britains most violent and ugly cities. Would you really recommend anyone go on holiday to Manchester? London and Edinburgh are much better places to visit. Edinburgh is a great place to live.

[/b]
When was the last time you spent any time in Manc?
 I would indeed suggest Manc as a place to visit for a tourist, depending on what they were looking for of course...beaches, probably not, but then again I wouldn't recommend Britain at all.

Your point is well taken with Edinburgh, but London is a shithole....once you've seen the silly men in big wooly hats outside the big mansion, all those jewels that nobody ever wears and the big fuck-off clock with the loud bell that's called Ben...that's pretty much it really. (I may be a little biased of course, but markie is biased against Manc because we've produced more excellent music than Peterborough!!)

markie

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2003, 10:55:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:

Manc because we've produced more excellent music than Peterborough!!) [/b]
Well Peterborough hasnt produced any excellent music so Manc wins hands down there. Peterborough is a shite whole as well though. If anyone was thinking of going on holiday in Peterborough I would suggest a trip to the asylum instead.

I havent been to manc for 9 years, there was really not that much to do there, great live scene though.

London has it all the best shopping, the highest chance of bumping into a B-list celeb. The best museuems and galleries. I find it quite similar to a low rise New York.

mankie

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2003, 11:09:00 am »

London has it all the best shopping, the highest chance of bumping into a B-list celeb. The best museuems and galleries. I find it quite similar to a low rise New York.

[/b]
But please be careful not to step on the drunken Australians as you walk through the streets of London.

Did you know there's a train that leaves London for Manc on a Friday night just for the night-clubbers? And the shopping in Manc is much better these days thanks to the IRA...the Arndale is nothing more than a boil on the arse of the city centre, I'll give you that. That place reminds me of one of Prince Charles' quotes..."The Luftwaffe did more for British architecture than all of the British architects combined"..or something like that. We do have Granada studios were you can walk down Coronation Street though...  :roll:

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
You Brits are soooooo gayyyyyy. Who cares about the shopping?

mankie

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2003, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

Who cares about the shopping?

By the look of the way you dress...obviously not you.

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2003, 11:23:00 am »
How often have you seen the way I dress?

I mean, buy a few nice things online and you're basically set. Most of the clothing items I've ever been complimented on wwere things I found in thrift stores. And I don't recall any London thrift stores being all that much better than places here.

As far as other shopping items...American cities are much better for used cd's...and what household items does London have to offer that other places don't?

Originally posted by mankie:

Who cares about the shopping?

By the look of the way you dress...obviously not you. [/b]

ggw

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2003, 11:25:00 am »
 Most of the clothing items I've ever been complimented on wwere things I found in thrift stores.
hipster....

mankie

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2003, 11:29:00 am »

How often have you seen the way I dress?

Once was enough.

markie

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2003, 11:36:00 am »
 [QB]    As far as other shopping items...American cities are much better for used cd's...and what household items does London have to offer that other places don't?

Sure America is cheaper for everything. But you fail to realise people buy more than CDs and houshold items.

You need a trip down old Bond St to check out the most expensive jewellers I have seen, just off that is the Vivienne westwood and alessi store.....

Go to Park Lane and you can walk into an Aston Martin, Tag Mclaren and Bristol showrooms.....

Just overpriced stuff that is cool to look at.

thirsty moore

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2003, 11:39:00 am »
Ahhh, ye olde Bond street.

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2003, 11:40:00 am »
What do people need other than cd's, some functional clothes, household items, and good eats? I mean, what other material items are really necessary for happiness?

Why is it cool to look at overpriced stuff? I think the world is just too full of goddamn sutff.

[QB]    As far as other shopping items...American cities are much better for used cd's...and what household items does London have to offer that other places don't?

Sure America is cheaper for everything. But you fail to realise people buy more than CDs and houshold items.

You need a trip down old Bond St to check out the most expensive jewellers I have seen, just off that is the Vivienne westwood and alessi store.....

Go to Park Lane and you can walk into an Aston Martin, Tag Mclaren and Bristol showrooms.....

Just overpriced stuff that is cool to look at. [/b]

markie

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2003, 11:46:00 am »
  What do people need other than cd's, some functional clothes, household items, and good eats? I mean, what other material items are really necessary for happiness?

Why is it cool to look at overpriced stuff? I think the world is just too full of goddamn sutff.

With that kind of attitude men would still be living in caves and Cds would never have been invented. Isnt part of the human condition to always strive for something better?

Most of the things I namechecked could be described, at least loosely, as art. Does art not lift your soul?