Author Topic: grog & tankerd  (Read 23299 times)

Jaguär

Re: grog & tankerd
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
I say blow the roof off the dump!!!

No matter what you think of their music (and I'm definitely not a fan), take a leaf from Good Charolette's book. They started out playing anywhere they could and look where they are now. For one, it gives you live practice which, as you know, is different from plain old practice where you can stop and start much more easily and don't have to worry about stage presence. Go play your little hearts out and get it all polished up for when you play the better venues. It can only help.

jadetree

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2003, 05:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:
  and there is a badass indian restaurant right next door! within walking distance! woo! non-car owners:1.  car owners: 0
Heritage India is fantastic

raebyddet

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:

and there is a badass indian restaurant right next door! within walking distance! woo! non-car owners:1.  car owners: 0 [/b]
There is a good BBQ place called Rocklands as well.

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2003, 05:23:00 pm »
None of these places cook as good as me and my sweetie.

Jaguär

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2003, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  New York is my favorite US city...New Yorkers are great...it's the only city I've been to stateside that you can have a normal conversation with a total stranger in a coffee shop, bar, on the street etc. Try that in DC..they're either too important to talk to you, or to scared to talk to you.
Oh, this is so true!!!

As much as I like DC and it's people, this is my biggest grudge against them. Once you meet them, they are fine, but Heaven forbid that you're alone in a crowd with them. They are some of the most anti-social people that I've ever had the displeasure to come across. And talking to them first doesn't work. They politely answer and then continue to ignore you. I use to feel like a social outcast in DC until I found out that everyone else has the same problem there.

Thank God for this board. It cuts through all of that crap and gets people meeting new faces, which is one of the reasons that I love it so much.   ;)

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2003, 05:30:00 pm »
That's because usually when a stranger talks to you in DC, he's usually trying to scam some money out of you rather than trying to be friendly. Thus, we become trained to ignore strangers talking to us. Bound to happnen a couple of times as I walk to the metro right now.

Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by mankie:
  New York is my favorite US city...New Yorkers are great...it's the only city I've been to stateside that you can have a normal conversation with a total stranger in a coffee shop, bar, on the street etc. Try that in DC..they're either too important to talk to you, or to scared to talk to you.
Oh, this is so true!!!

As much as I like DC and it's people, this is my biggest grudge against them. Once you meet them, they are fine, but Heaven forbid that you're alone in a crowd with them. They are some of the most anti-social people that I've ever had the displeasure to come across. And talking to them first doesn't work. They politely answer and then continue to ignore you. I use to feel like a social outcast in DC until I found out that everyone else has the same problem there.

Thank God for this board. It cuts through all of that crap and gets people meeting new faces, which is one of the reasons that I love it so much.    ;)  [/b]

jadetree

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2003, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by raebyddet:
  There is a good BBQ place called Rocklands as well.
Rocklands is overrated

thirsty moore

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2003, 05:45:00 pm »
So, where is there a good bbq place in DC?

Fico

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2003, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Yes, there were a number of compelling reasons for me to move into DC proper when I was a 31 year old single guy. .
 stores in the burbs?

That would be the amount of gay men or women willing to put a strap on and buttfuck you, right Rhett?? hey, I'm just stating what you've said before time and again...

jadetree

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
I have not been to one, but doesn't mean that there isn't one.

walkman

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2003, 06:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

I have not been to one, but doesn't mean that there isn't one. [/b]
Yes indeed...I'm still looking.  Rocklands is just so-so...Heritage India, on the other hand, is incredible, but very pricey.  And I guess Tandoori is sort of Indian BBQ...

Venerable Bede

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2003, 07:09:00 pm »
i like old glory immensely. . .aside from having earl campbell hot links, red hot and blue is even more overrated than rocklands.
OU812

paige

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2003, 07:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:
  Heritage India is fantastic
i know, i especially love the upstairs seating so you can see wisconsin avenue from above. mmmmm vindalu...

paige

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2003, 07:20:00 pm »
you may have to - eek! - venture out into the burbs for some bbq... they just have that backhome touch.

or do they?

Jaguär

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2003, 07:21:00 pm »
There's some sort of Mongolian BBQ place in Bethesda that is so-so. Nothing special, but I prefer to have someone to put it all together for me as I don't know those foods well enough to come up with the best combinations myself. Besides, when I go to a restaurant, I just want to sit back, relax, and enjoy myself. Let them do all of the cooking.