Author Topic: IT BEGINS! B&S Tickets  (Read 45469 times)

akaash

Re: IT BEGINS! B&S Tickets
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2006, 05:59:00 pm »
I had to get out of third period to buy them.

I couldn't get tickets for Sunday though, so I had to settle for monday.

Does anyone know who's opening and who's headlining?

deathcabforconan

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2006, 06:23:00 pm »
i hate all you bastards that had the nerve to buy tickets to both shows, +5 to one show, or buy 10 each to sell on ebay. some people just dont have the opportunity to purchase the tickets as soon as they become available. pull your heads out of your asses and realize that you and your buddies aren't the only ones looking forward to this show. i've done about as much as i am capable of to obtain these, i even skipped class and went to the library today an hour after the tickets had been on sale, but it's gotten to the point where that's not even good enough. if you suggest ebay to me, i suggest some deceny to you.

SPARX

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by deathcabforconan:
  i even skipped class and went to the library today  
You rebel you. Face it, you got beaten to the punch,shit happens. Had you got your tix would that then make you a bastard?

ggw

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2006, 06:33:00 pm »
  i even skipped class and went to the library today  
Must have been the class in which they covered capitalization.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »
  i hate all you bastards that had the nerve to buy tickets to both shows, +5 to one show, or buy 10 each to sell on ebay. some people just dont have the opportunity to purchase the tickets as soon as they become available. pull your heads out of your asses and realize that you and your buddies aren't the only ones looking forward to this show. i've done about as much as i am capable of to obtain these, i even skipped class and went to the library today an hour after the tickets had been on sale, but it's gotten to the point where that's not even good enough. if you suggest ebay to me, i suggest some deceny to you.
Dude, you should try ebay! They have plenty! I have 3 auctions myself!

samanthaalison

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »
Yeah, I was in school. I tried really hard to get a ride home during lunch so I can get tickets but it didn't work. I raced home right after school but wasn't surprised that it was way too late.

I feel bad too--I was in charge of getting tickets for my friends, and now I'll be really lucky if I get one for myself.

I wish they would start selling tickets at like, 5 in the morning--they'd weed out the people who didn't REALLY REALLY want to go and not just the people who can't get out of their daily commitments.

BookerT

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »
y'all should have pulled a bueller and pretended to be sick so you could have stayed home and been near a computer. the real villians are not those who got tickets, but instead your parents and teachers. they are all assholes.

deathcabforconan

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »
i actually did yesterday when i thought they were supposed to go on sale, i even put up the quote on "how to fake out the parents" as my away message.

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »
I don't think there are really any villains here, certainly not the teachers and parents. The bottom line is there is more demand than there is supply.

Originally posted by BookerT:
  y'all should have pulled a bueller and pretended to be sick so you could have stayed home and been near a computer. the real villians are not those who got tickets, but instead your parents and teachers. they are all assholes.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
So it sounds like the high schoolers missed out on tickets...tragic...

zoso483

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »
those of us with office jobs were just sitting here all morning hitting refresh... or hitting refresh from 9:58-10:02.  Get a job! slackers

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »
Or take advantage of awesome parents who buy your tickets for you.  I have three for Sunday, can't wait.  All you kids who were in school, don't whine, if you had some more sense you could have found a more logical way to get the tickets, such as asking someone who DOESN'T attend school to buy the tickets for you.

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by zoso483:
  those of us with office jobs were just sitting here all morning hitting refresh... or hitting refresh from 9:58-10:02.  Get a job! slackers
Amen, to that. Although I didn't have to hit refresh once to get my Sunday ticket right at 10.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2006, 11:42:00 pm »
That was a quiet show...I was surprised by that because the Elliott Smith show that year had lots of talkers (great show, though...quasi opening and backing him). I thought there was another opener for B&S because I was excited about someone other than them and Guv'ner that night. Can't remember who it was, though. Anyone remember? Maybe I'm wrong.

Was anyone else at the Belle and Sebastian show at the Black Cat in 1998 when you could hear a pin drop while they were playing? That was one of those nights where the audience totally helped turn that show into something special. They went nuts in between songs, but while they were playing you didn't hear a THING excpet for the band. It was pretty cool...hopefully the 9:30 shows will be that enjoyable.  
i was there. that was a great show.  check out the set list:

Dog On Wheels
 I Know Where The Summer Goes
 It's Hard To Be A Jew On Christmas
 A Century of Elvis
 Mayfly
 Ease Your Feet In The Sea
 The Wrong Girl
 The Stars Of Track And Field
 Seeing Other People
 Is It Wicked Not To Care?
 Loneliness of A Middle Distance Runner
 Dirty Dream Number Two
 Sleep The Clock Around

hard to beat that. only bad thing was that due to the ridiculous line outside, i missed half of guv'ner's set. and i really, really wanted to see guv'ner. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2006, 11:46:00 pm »
  pull your heads out of your asses and realize that you and your buddies aren't the only ones looking forward to this show.
For what on earth reason should I not get tickets for me and my buddies so that you can go this show?  That is the dumbest thing....you wouldn't have gotten my "buddies'" tickets anyway because you didn't get out of freakin' class on time.  Sheez.  Who's the self-centered figure in this tableau...?!