Author Topic: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center  (Read 17606 times)

markie

Re: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<P><BR><B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>you forgot to add wear scary and pathetic ballon pants in neon colors.<P></B>[/QUOTE]<P>I bet you would look hot, even in them.<P>

paige

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> I bet you would look hot, even in them.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you did look hot in them at the good charlotte show last night.

Ikarus

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2003, 04:03:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Would I mock them in person? No. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>of course not.  that would require having a pair.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2003, 05:26:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>   I call it having a sense of humor. If you can't take a little ribbing, you surely are a weak person. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>do you go out of your way to contradict yourself, or is it just a gift that comes naturally to you?  just because you're using a different screen name when you whine about being picked on doesn't mean it's not you.  <P>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR><B>Would I mock them in person? No.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you wouldn't mock them in person, but you will post to a forum that i know for a fact is/has been read by them, their family, friends, and potentially thousands of other people.  makes perfect sense.  <BR> <BR>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR><B>For the record, I don't know anything about the band personally. I don't know anything about where the band is from. That's why it was a total joke.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>that's the whole point.  to you, it's a total joke.  to them or someone who knows them, it might be a joke, or it might be hurtful.    you don't know, because you don't know them personally.  and yet, you feel the need to make a personal comment.<P>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR><B>I guess there must be some truth to the punchline, otherwise it wouldn't have struck a nerve. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>do you honestly think that a white trash comment struck a nerve?  i said that this wasn't just about this thread.  this is about a tendency by some members of this forum to make unnecessary personal comments about people they know nothing about.  the only reason it came up now is because i'm getting particularly tired of some of the steaming piles of shit that get posted to this forum by a small minority of the posters who think it's their sandbox and they can do whatever they like without any repurcussions.  <P>i decided to call bullshit when i saw it, which just so happened to be in this thread.  it's not because i'm friends with gc or nfg or anyone else.  it's because i think the kinds of posts that i'm talking about fucking suck, and i'm tired of reading them. <P>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<B>I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that its an internet chatboard and we should be able to say what we want and voice our opinions freely. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you can say what you want and voice your opinions freely, as can i.  note that i didn't censor or delete anything.  all i did was point out something that i think is petty and childish.  just because you _can_ say what you want doesn't mean that you _should_ post certain things.  the beauty of the whole thing is that you get to choose. it's all in your hands.  i'm not holding my breath, though.  <P>oh, and markie, please don't quite the "enter the forum, make trouble" thing again.  i don't think it means what you think it means.  <p>[This message has been edited by thatguy (edited 02-27-2003).]

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2003, 08:32:00 am »
If you're going to choose to be rock starrs, especially ones that wear foolish clothes and eyeliner, you're going to open yourself up to mocking. That comes with the territory of choosing to be a rock star. If you don't want public scrutiny, choose a more private career.<P>   I'm not saying that mocking is a good thing, but it comes with the territory.<p>[This message has been edited by Rhett Miller (edited 02-27-2003).]

sonickteam2

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2003, 11:00:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatguy:<BR><B>  you can say what you want and voice your opinions freely, as can i.  note that i didn't censor or delete anything.  all i did was point out something that i think is petty and childish.  just because you _can_ say what you want doesn't mean that you _should_ post certain things.  the beauty of the whole thing is that you get to choose. it's all in your hands.  i'm not holding my breath, though.  <P>oh, and markie, please don't quite the "enter the forum, make trouble" thing again.  i don't think it means what you think it means.  <P>[This message has been edited by thatguy (edited 02-27-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>this is what i think<P><BR> people in chat rooms/message boards : say whatever they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want.<P>  people in cars: will flip you off and cuss at you, but only when they are not about to get out of thier car or are in a place where you could.<P>  people in person: usually say excuse me when they bump into you or they just keep thier mouth shut.<P>   what does that mean??? i think you can figure it out.<P>thank you thatguy for taking the time i couldnt to ream these people out for being fucksticks.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2003, 11:33:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B><P>thank you thatguy for taking the time i couldnt to ream these people out for being fucksticks.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i see serious hypocrisy in this statement...  you decry what you see as poor behavior and then resort to name calling?  <P>
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B> i see serious hypocrisy in this statement...  you decry what you see as poor behavior and then resort to name calling?  <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> no, no.  I never called them fucksticks.  i said they were being fucksticks. its completely different.  Everyone acts like, you know, an ass, sometimes.  I dont know people on this board, so i wouldnt say they WERE an ass, just being one. <P>  

markie

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2003, 12:19:00 pm »
Perhaps next time the threat should be to send  around to Rhetts loft apt for some re-decorating

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR>I'm not saying that mocking is a good thing, but it comes with the territory.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>so you're saying that you are intentionally doing something that you know is not a good thing.  great karma points there.<BR>

Shadrach

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2003, 08:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>   If you're going to choose to be rock starrs, especially ones that wear foolish clothes and eyeliner, you're going to open yourself up to mocking. That comes with the territory of choosing to be a rock star. If you don't want public scrutiny, choose a more private career.<P>   I'm not saying that mocking is a good thing, but it comes with the territory.<P>[This message has been edited by Rhett Miller (edited 02-27-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't realize you wrote the book on fashion trends. I seem to recall bands like The Clash, The Sex Pistols and The Police getting trashed for their sense of style at one time, but today those guys are icons. All these young bands today are trying to do is emulate and pay homage to those bands. Is it really all that bad?

walkman

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2003, 08:19:00 pm »
I pay homage to Andrew W.K. and Andrew W.K. alone.

markie

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2003, 08:27:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadrach:<BR><B> Is it really all that bad?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>YEP, they look really stupid. Come on punks with make up, ooo, the new romantics would be shocked. The new romantics were universally derided for their fashion sense  all the way between their inception up until now and I dont see it changing in the future.<P>The Clash and The sex pistols had the shock of the new on their side, plus a good designer or two. Besides the clash and pistols were all lean mean speed taking machines. Skinny people look good in almost anything, thats why designers have skinny people model their clothes. <P>Good Charlotte just look rediculous.

AvidConcertGoer

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2003, 11:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>anybody remember a couple years ago when New Found Glory was opening for Less than Jake? I can't believe the tables have turned, the morons are in charge. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is really bad. I didn't even know Less Than Jake was playing when I bought tickets. I am not ashamed to admitt that I like Good Charlotte and A New Found Glory. I am just a dork who gets easily addicted to catchy music. On the other hand, I am not going to go around saying "LyKe OMG, GC and AvrIL, Are LyKe So PxXXnk Rawwk." Haha. That is wayyy too hard to type that way. Anyways Less Than Jake is awesome but this is awful. They are so much better than the other two combined(sp).

paige

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2003, 11:56:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B>I pay homage to Andrew W.K. and Andrew W.K. alone.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>oh awk. i love him. remember: you can't spell RAWK without awk. nor can you spell awkward.