Author Topic: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center  (Read 17604 times)

andyrichter

Re: new found glory and good charlotte at the patriot center
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2003, 12:24:00 am »
hmmm, should i go see this show?  or should i study for my biostatistics final the next morning?  hmmm, i do love hardcore punk rock and new found glory/good charlotte does give it to me in big, deep doses.  decisions, decisions.  why god why?

sonickteam2

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2003, 08:47:00 am »
yeah, i feel you.   my toenails are getting long and this looks like the night to do something about it.  or.....good ole waldorf rock and roll.<P><BR>you know, they arent even in the punk section where i work. they are in rock.  go figure

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2003, 09:51:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B>I pay homage to Andrew W.K. and Andrew W.K. alone.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Double bill of the year, coming to your hometown this summer:<P> <P>
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2003, 10:27:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B>I pay homage to Andrew W.K. and Andrew W.K. alone.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the have him answer your phone!<P><A HREF="http://www.yourmobile.com/yourmobile/app?class=YourMobileV4&proc=GetVoicemailsSummary&celebID=/celeb_voicemail/1092.xml" TARGET=_blank>Voicemail Hard![/url]
T.Rex

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2003, 10:31:00 am »
I didn't write to book on fashion trends. But wasn't the whole idea of punk to look foolish and rebellious, to go against fashion? At the time it was fresh and new and rebellious. But now it just looks downright campy and silly. Like wearing bad 70's clothes.<P>   I look at pictures of The Clash and I think "Great band, but they sure did look foolish." I look at the Pistols and I think "Novelty act." I look at the Police and I think, "God I fucking hate Sting."<P>   If Good Charlotte had originated in 1978, I think they probably would have been emulating Genesis or Yes or Jethro Tull. Hell, if they had originated in the 80's they probably would have been emulating those bands, maybe sharing bills with Journey or REO Speedwagon.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadrach:<BR><B> I didn't realize you wrote the book on fashion trends. I seem to recall bands like The Clash, The Sex Pistols and The Police getting trashed for their sense of style at one time, but today those guys are icons. All these young bands today are trying to do is emulate and pay homage to those bands. Is it really all that bad?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
I had always kind of wondered about the identity of someone self-important enough to call himself "Thatguy". Now the truth has been revealed: "Thatguy" is God Almighty (Budha?) (Allah?) himself.<P>   Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but let's review my case for the month of February. I did do some bad things. Probably the worst thing I did was make fun of rock stars on an internet chatboard. And yes, I did also fall off the wagon, consuming three beers and three glasses of wine during the month.. I also took your name in vain a couple of times too....those bad drivers really aren't a good excuse for besmirching your name like that.<P>   But I also did some good things. I called my mum weekly, and bought her plane tickets to come visit me. I gave my Metro seat to an elderly African-American woman. I put down the toilet seat after every use, even though I probably pee five times as much as my girlfriend. And finally, I gave my girlfriend the hot beef injection within 24 hours of every time she indicated a desire.<P>   So yes, God, I did some bad things AND some good things this month. I will try to be better next month.<P>   Well, I'll let you go know. Please work some sense into Saddam and Bush and Blair so that we might avert war.<P>   Yours truly,<P>   Love,<P>   Rhett.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatguy:<BR><B> so you're saying that you are intentionally doing something that you know is not a good thing.  great karma points there.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Celeste

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2003, 10:47:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatguy:<BR><B> so you're saying that you are intentionally doing something that you know is not a good thing.  great karma points there.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>uh, do you, like, have any piercings near your butt, cause it sure seems like you've got something up your ass ;o

ggw

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2003, 10:52:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR>[B   But I also did some good things.......I gave my Metro seat to an elderly African-American woman.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is that worth more or less points than giving your Metro seat to an elderly European-American woman?

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2003, 10:56:00 am »
Actually worth more in DC, since she was more probably a member of the proletariat.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> Is that worth more or less points than giving your Metro seat to an elderly European-American woman?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

ggw

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2003, 11:03:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Actually worth more in DC, since she was more probably a member of the proletariat.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And God likes members of the proletariat more than he likes members of the intelligentsia?

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
Jesus was a carpenter, not a stock broker or college professor.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> And God likes members of the proletariat more than he likes members of the intelligentsia?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

ggw

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2003, 12:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Jesus was a carpenter, not a stock broker or college professor.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nor a junior statistician for the Census Bureau......<P>But were any of those viable vocational pursuits at his time?<P>Doesn't he love all his children equally?

markie

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2003, 01:25:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> <P>Doesn't he love all his children equally?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no that was Michael Jackson

sonickteam2

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2003, 01:25:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Jesus was a carpenter, not a stock broker or college professor.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought he was a mechanic?<P>   he did a nice job on my hotrod.

markie

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> I thought he was a mechanic?<P>   he did a nice job on my hot rod.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you have a hot rod?<P> <P>Well I guess jesus was a fisherman too, wasnt he?