Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313451 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4170 on: October 23, 2021, 02:55:21 pm »
Dude…he had hip replacement surgery

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4171 on: October 23, 2021, 03:21:28 pm »
sorry I didn't know.   :-[

Dude…he had hip replacement surgery
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #4172 on: October 23, 2021, 03:28:09 pm »
It’s ok

Just makes me sad

I think all the basketball he played caught up with him…

« Reply #4173 on: October 23, 2021, 04:30:05 pm »
how many high kicks?  at his age probably none?
I counted 3
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4174 on: October 25, 2021, 11:24:16 am »
I loved the GBV show on Friday night. Bagley secured us old codgers actual seats! WOW, thanks. From that vantage point I could see the setlist, which helped me understand where there was no chance I knew all of the songs. The setlist was great. Stand out for me was definitely "Cut-Out Witch." I counted Bob having 5 Miller Lites and maybe 1/3rd of a bottle of Cuervo.

Sunday night's Dimmer Twins show was also excellent. Preschool in Cockeysville, MD hosts them once every few years it seems. Maybe 10 minutes from my house, so easy. 

Space Freely

« Reply #4175 on: October 25, 2021, 11:30:10 am »
I loved the GBV show on Friday night. Bagley secured us old codgers actual seats! WOW, thanks. From that vantage point I could see the setlist, which helped me understand where there was no chance I knew all of the songs. The setlist was great. Stand out for me was definitely "Cut-Out Witch." I counted Bob having 5 Miller Lites and maybe 1/3rd of a bottle of Cuervo.

Sunday night's Dimmer Twins show was also excellent. Preschool in Cockeysville, MD hosts them once every few years it seems. Maybe 10 minutes from my house, so easy.

Do you think he drinks that much offstage, or is the excessive drinking part of the stage act?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4176 on: October 25, 2021, 05:16:10 pm »
Drinking has always been a part of his history since high school.  I'm assuming it is not for show.

Do you think he drinks that much offstage, or is the excessive drinking part of the stage act?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4177 on: October 26, 2021, 07:58:16 pm »
Hard to top that YVES TUMOR show last night....just total rock show from beginning to end at the best sounding venue in DC (Union Stage).......and Yves ended up kissing my right hand at the end of the show  ::) ;D 

(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4178 on: October 26, 2021, 11:15:54 pm »
What was your left hand doing?

Hard to top that YVES TUMOR show last night....just total rock show from beginning to end at the best sounding venue in DC (Union Stage).......and Yves ended up kissing my right hand at the end of the show  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:48:53 am by jeffml »

« Reply #4179 on: October 27, 2021, 07:01:00 am »
at the best sounding venue in DC (Union Stage)......
odd, because I felt the sound wasn't great at the Arlo Parks show
I did have a fun time at the show and love her songs
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4180 on: October 27, 2021, 08:18:03 am »
at the best sounding venue in DC (Union Stage)......
odd, because I felt the sound wasn't great at the Arlo Parks show
I did have a fun time at the show and love her songs

Were you by any chance wearing a red hoodie (removed and waist-tied during show) and a baseball-ish hat, hanging with with a shorter male companion? We were directly behind that guy, and I told my wife "That might be Sidehatch." But I didn't say anything because:

1. It might not be you. I only met you once, 2+ years ago. And you were seated then. And you weren't wearing a mask or hat then.
2. I couldn't remember your real name, didn't want to ask the wrong stranger if he was "Sidehatch."
3. My wife said "Please don't make me talk to anybody."

Anyway, good Arlo show. Solid, though not spectacular. About what I expected. She's very young compared to most artists I see. I feel like her live show will improve with another album under her belt and maybe some more variety in her songs. Only 55 minutes long, but I was ok with that on a Tuesday. My wife really loved it, and she also enjoyed the opener. Only my second show at Union Stage, but I agree with Vas the venue has excellent sound, as does their Jammin Java venue. Sounded fine to me last night, though I'm no expert. I didn't get a kiss on the hand last night. Because, you know, COVID. Also because I wasn't five feet away (thankfully for Arlo, she had young admirers up front not a dirty old man), like I was at the Heartless Bastards show.

« Reply #4181 on: October 27, 2021, 09:07:27 am »

Were you by any chance wearing a red hoodie (removed and waist-tied during show) and a baseball-ish hat, hanging with with a shorter male companion? We were directly behind that guy, and I told my wife "That might be Sidehatch." But I didn't say anything because:

1. It might not be you. I only met you once, 2+ years ago. And you were seated then. And you weren't wearing a mask or hat then.
2. I couldn't remember your real name, didn't want to ask the wrong stranger if he was "Sidehatch."
3. My wife said "Please don't make me talk to anybody."

twas I...thought that might be you.  I wasn't feeling particularly chatty either.  TBH I hate talking to people I don't know well with the masks on so generally just avoid it unless I have to (i.e. order a drink)

Sound wasn't horrible, but everything is so tight and crisp on the album, sounded kinda muddled to me in a live setting
I was happy for a 55 min set too.  I just love the album, so that was fine to pretty much hear all the songs I wanted to hear

Opener was decent, not my cup of tea, but fun to see that kind of stuff live
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4182 on: October 27, 2021, 09:30:38 am »
I remember the good old days when you all would crucify anyone who said any non-IMP venue had “good sound” and now many of you are stating another DC venue has “the best sound” with absolutely no push back. Ahh, growth!!

Give it another decade and you all might catch up to the maturity level I was at fifteen years ago when I said which venue something was at doesn’t matter.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #4183 on: October 27, 2021, 09:34:45 am »
Pushback from who? In case you didn’t notice there are like three people left here

Between Space’s boring ass online therapy and life coaching course and your often offensive posts ain’t much left here to attract anyone to hang…

Have a nice day

Space Freely

« Reply #4184 on: October 27, 2021, 09:39:35 am »
Pushback from who? In case you didn’t notice there are like three people left here

Between Space’s boring ass online therapy and life coaching course and your often offensive posts ain’t much left here to attract anyone to hang…

Have a nice day

Please give us another long rant on the history of Wham! That will bring back the fun people who left and the younger crowd who never joined.