Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9924685 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #50760 on: December 07, 2021, 04:47:12 pm »
Del Amitri
Birchmere
4/19/2022 a Tuesday

it's a secret or so the tweet says
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #50761 on: December 07, 2021, 04:48:17 pm »
Jonathan Richman

Yada

« Reply #50762 on: December 07, 2021, 04:51:16 pm »

The issue is not the artist being creative past 30 but the listener

Bingo, and you did really hit the nail on the head regarding your Haim recap.

Music is never  as good as it was in your formative years or you're always yearning for the feeling that band X gave you in time Y. It just doesn't happen. Getting old sucks.

I dunno. Tell that to Challenged and Vas. They seem to be making it work and their not young kids.

And I think I'm enjoying music more now than in my teens, simply because I wasn't aware of much of the great music being made when I was in my teens. And I'm enjoying music now more than in my 20's, simply because I was too broke in my 20's to put any resources toward music.

Maybe I phrased that wrong... never as good should = music will never make the impression... At least in my opinion. I obviously still see and enjoy much much more music than probably any time of my life, but nothing hits like an album from say ages 12 to 18.

Starsky

« Reply #50763 on: December 07, 2021, 04:57:17 pm »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #50764 on: December 07, 2021, 05:13:56 pm »

Music is never  as good as it was in your formative years or you're always yearning for the feeling that band X gave you in time Y. It just doesn't happen. Getting old sucks.

I dunno. Tell that to Challenged and Vas. They seem to be making it work and their not young kids.

And I think I'm enjoying music more now than in my teens, simply because I wasn't aware of much of the great music being made when I was in my teens. And I'm enjoying music now more than in my 20's, simply because I was too broke in my 20's to put any resources toward music.

Maybe I phrased that wrong... never as good should = music will never make the impression... At least in my opinion. I obviously still see and enjoy much much more music than probably any time of my life, but nothing hits like an album from say ages 12 to 18.

Can Confirm.

Space Freely

« Reply #50765 on: December 07, 2021, 05:31:25 pm »

Maybe you had a better 12-18 era. For me, that was 1979-1985. i can't think of a single album that came out in that range that I actually listen to that i was aware of then. Maybe Born in the USA or War.*

*I wasn't into music when i was 12-18. Or better put, I lived in rural upstate New York, had the FM radio with three channels and the tv with three channels, so wasn't aware of any of the music being made in that era.

Space Freely

« Reply #50766 on: December 07, 2021, 05:32:19 pm »

Yada

« Reply #50767 on: December 07, 2021, 05:37:25 pm »

Maybe you had a better 12-18 era. For me, that was 1979-1985. i can't think of a single album that came out in that range that I actually listen to that i was aware of then. Maybe Born in the USA or War.*

*I wasn't into music when i was 12-18. Or better put, I lived in rural upstate New York, had the FM radio with three channels and the tv with three channels, so wasn't aware of any of the music being made in that era.

Space. You're still missing the point... but the first time hearing albums by Zeppelin, The Stones, Beatles, NWA, Guns and Roses, Metallica, Anthrax, Dylan, Pearl Jam, etc... those were all probably from being under 10 until late teens... THOSE SHAPED MY LIFE!!!

Jonathan Richman

What date?

Dates and days no longer matter in Just Announced.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #50768 on: December 07, 2021, 06:52:49 pm »
Dates and days no longer matter in Just Announced.

Concert
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #50769 on: December 07, 2021, 06:58:01 pm »
Del Amitri
Birchmere
4/19/2022 a Tuesday

it's a secret or so the tweet says

the fact that april 19th, 2022, is a tuesday is a very, very poorly kept secret.  let's keep the noise below the signal level.  please.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #50770 on: December 07, 2021, 06:58:40 pm »
Event

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #50771 on: December 07, 2021, 06:59:26 pm »
Just a sec
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #50772 on: December 07, 2021, 07:02:33 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #50773 on: December 08, 2021, 10:34:00 am »

Elvis
C
O
S
T
E
L