Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1749772 times)

vansmack

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5355 on: October 16, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »
#neverforgetbullrun
#neverforgettibetanfreedom
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #5356 on: October 20, 2015, 06:18:32 pm »
just noticed a few stateside super furry animals shows pop up for february (2/4 in vancouver, 2/11 in la) next year. any chance of a 930 or u st show? been a long while

Kubacheck

« Reply #5357 on: October 21, 2015, 04:25:33 pm »
Radiohead are touring next year... That would be a fun Merriweather show.

The 2003 Radiohead show at MPP actually kicked off me going to shows.  Before that show, I had only really attended electronic music events.  It is still one of my favorite live music experiences.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2003/merriweather-post-pavilion-columbia-md-2bd6ec7a.html

that was my first Radiohead show, and probably still my favorite....

walk,on,by

« Reply #5358 on: October 21, 2015, 04:35:20 pm »
would radiohead ever do a stadium tour, and if not, why not? 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5359 on: October 21, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »
would radiohead ever do a stadium tour, and if not, why not? 
I can't imagine them selling them out in America. I mean, Taylor Swift doesn't play football stadiums. U2, McCartney, Stones are really the only bands I can think of off-hand who can sell out 60,000+ tickets city to city. There's a gaping divide between selling out Merriweather (lawn and all) and actually filling a football stadium.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #5360 on: October 21, 2015, 04:41:04 pm »
I think radiohead has enough of a cult following, ala dave Matthews, phish, bruce, to fill anything they would like to, fill.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5361 on: October 21, 2015, 04:48:46 pm »
for their last tour, radiohead sold 180K tickets (3 nights @ 60K each) in mexico city. 

that said, not sure they could sell out a stadium in anything but the biggest markets (NYC, chicago, LA, maybe SF...).  i doubt they'd do well at Landover.

then there is the anti-commercial thing.  not sure how that would work at big corporate stadiums where advertising is omnipresent.
<sig>

Kubacheck

« Reply #5362 on: October 21, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »
 acts like the Stones/U2 can charge arena prices for a stadium show here.... I'm not sure that Radiohead could (or even would) do that..... they do play football (or soccer if you prefer) stadiums overseas, but dunno that they would here....

ggw

« Reply #5363 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:30 pm »
then there is the anti-commercial thing.  not sure how that would work at big corporate stadiums where advertising is omnipresent.

You mean like playing at a place called JIFFY LUBE Live or NISSAN Pavilion?

No....they'd never do that.

wml7

« Reply #5364 on: October 22, 2015, 09:46:54 am »
Radiohead are touring next year... That would be a fun Merriweather show.

The 2003 Radiohead show at MPP actually kicked off me going to shows.  Before that show, I had only really attended electronic music events.  It is still one of my favorite live music experiences.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2003/merriweather-post-pavilion-columbia-md-2bd6ec7a.html

that was my first Radiohead show, and probably still my favorite....

This was also my first time ever seeing them.  I was out in the lawn though.  Seen them 14 times since.
 ;D

mdh9857

« Reply #5365 on: October 22, 2015, 09:49:23 am »
Panic at the disco
They are playing two shows in VA.
Bring them to DC

I second this.  I've enjoyed them every time I've seen them.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5366 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:01 am »

yeay, let's be absolutist, black or white only!

no, they can't avoid playing venues that have corporate names.  however, they do make those venues cover up signs, turn off lighted advertising, etc.  i don't think you can successfully do that at a football stadium.  those things are build out of ads.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #5367 on: October 22, 2015, 11:30:40 am »

yeay, let's be absolutist, black or white only!

no, they can't avoid playing venues that have corporate names.  however, they do make those venues cover up signs, turn off lighted advertising, etc.  i don't think you can successfully do that at a football stadium.  those things are build out of ads.

Remember when Radiohead boycotted Glastonbury and said they wouldn't tour to cities that didn't have robust public transportation?  Yeah, that was the same tour they played Nissan.  Where exactly is that Metro station in Bristow?    They like to talk a big game but it's all image and no substance.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5368 on: October 22, 2015, 11:33:00 am »
Radiohead is inherently evil. Here's the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9cAbzGiN0

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5369 on: October 22, 2015, 11:42:49 am »
Radiohead is inherently evil. Here's the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9cAbzGiN0
TAN: Anyone see how South Park absolutely ripped into the concept of fat shaming last night? I hate South Park but I heard about the episode and made a point to watch it: it was excellent. Fat advocates really are scum.
LVMH