Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181328 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9885 on: May 09, 2020, 06:20:40 pm »
Stuck in Montgomery County....gotta get it when I can.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9886 on: May 09, 2020, 06:34:19 pm »
Stuck in Montgomery County....gotta get it when I can.
Oh, fair enough on that. Just as a local, I’ll walk into Triple Crossing and out with whatever I want that they make 90 seconds later with nothing ever  out of stock over dealing with the Veil madness every time. Appreciate the equation is different for non-Richmonders.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #9887 on: May 09, 2020, 06:58:26 pm »
Interstellar, Battle Creek and Falcon Smash. Srsly good!
Everybody raves about Veil but honestly, if you want an IPA, Triple Crossing is much easier to just walk in and buy what you want. (It also helps it’s a half mile from me as the crow flies.)

Yeah, this is an argument for the ages. I think i might be in the Triple Crossing camp these days, at least for IPA's.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9888 on: May 12, 2020, 08:07:50 pm »
Founders will be bringing back Big Luscious (imperial stout with rasperries and dark chocolate) starting in Oct through Dec.  i can't remember if i tried this one the first time 'round, a few years back, but certainly sounds good.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9889 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:42 pm »
Founders will be bringing back Big Luscious (imperial stout with rasperries and dark chocolate) starting in Oct through Dec.  i can't remember if i tried this one the first time 'round, a few years back, but certainly sounds good.

Not to pick on space again, but the only time I hung out with you guys and brought heady topper and hill farmstead (this was a big deal in 2014), space provided a cuvee of rubaeus and founder's stout to make a homemade version of this beer. #thanksSpace

Space Freely

« Reply #9890 on: May 13, 2020, 08:40:13 am »

Not to pick on space again, but the only time I hung out with you guys and brought heady topper and hill farmstead (this was a big deal in 2014), space provided a cuvee of rubaeus and founder's stout to make a homemade version of this beer. #thanksSpace

Sorry about that. I was probably too busy mowing my lawn to drive to Vermont and grab some Alchemist or Hill Farmstead.  ;)

I don't seem to remember the beer (Founders or my experiment) being all that great, but I guess it often depends how much one is into sugar bombs.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:42:05 am by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #9891 on: May 13, 2020, 10:08:43 am »

Sorry about that. I was probably too busy mowing my lawn to drive to Vermont and grab some Alchemist or Hill Farmstead.  ;)

I don't seem to remember the beer (Founders or my experiment) being all that great, but I guess it often depends how much one is into sugar bombs.

I was trading phish tickets and mowing my lawn then, not driving to VT. :)

Space Freely

« Reply #9892 on: May 13, 2020, 10:40:16 am »
If you stop by my house, I can probably offer you something fancier now. Or, my two sort of delicious homebrews.

In 2014, I was a bit less advanced in my beer journey. I had been to Vermont in 2013, but all of it had been drank by 2014. I've never really been interested in trading beer or concert tickets.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9893 on: May 14, 2020, 02:21:17 pm »
along with Sapwood, i've been talking up Idiom Brewing in Fredneck over the years... both were started by really good homebrewers. 

now looks like Idiom will be making delivery runs to B'more and DC, in case you wanna give them a spin (if you do, please consider ordering directly from their website instead of bierme.com)

Idiom Brewing Co.
MORE BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!

That's right! We will now deliver to Baltimore City and Washington, D.C. once a week!

Place your orders NOW on either Biermi (https://biermi.com/brewery/idiom) or our website (https://www.idiombrewing.com/product-category/beer-to-go/)

Our first deliveries for these cities will go out next Thursday and Friday. Orders can be placed up until 3pm on your designated delivery day.

We love that we can spread the love through beer to our customers all over. Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you in Bmore and D.C.!

<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #9894 on: May 14, 2020, 03:18:20 pm »
Some excellent stuff from Downtown Crown's VA cousin Dominion today.

Triple Crossing, Foam, Humble Forager, Weldwerks, Charlestown Fermentory, Bissell Brothers, etc.

I was too slow to get any Foam, but the rest was still available.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9895 on: May 14, 2020, 03:22:40 pm »
Iiiiiiiiiiii'm looking through
And it all would be
So crystal clear
If it wasn't for the foam
But the foam keeps getting thicker
And it just keeps getting harder
And I'm faaaaaalllllling
Into a deep
Well

Space Freely

« Reply #9896 on: May 14, 2020, 03:27:51 pm »
One fun thing about Foam is all their beers are indie rock references.

🔥🔥 Foam Brewers with four arrivals! 🔥🔥
🚨 Limit one 4-pack of each type per customer 🚨
-'Built to Spill' DIPA (8.0% ABV)
-'Pop Crimes' TIPA (10.0% ABV)
-'The Fruit That Ate Itself' IPA (7.2% ABV)
-'Youth Lagoon' DIPA (8.0% ABV)

Yada

« Reply #9897 on: May 14, 2020, 03:44:27 pm »
One fun thing about Foam is all their beers are indie rock references.

🔥🔥 Foam Brewers with four arrivals! 🔥🔥
🚨 Limit one 4-pack of each type per customer 🚨
-'Built to Spill' DIPA (8.0% ABV)
-'Pop Crimes' TIPA (10.0% ABV)
-'The Fruit That Ate Itself' IPA (7.2% ABV)
-'Youth Lagoon' DIPA (8.0% ABV)

What?? You're not loading up on Idiom????

Space Freely

« Reply #9898 on: May 14, 2020, 04:07:24 pm »
The Idiom taproom is a nice stop off after going hiking at Annapolis Rock/Black Rock Cliff.

« Reply #9899 on: May 28, 2020, 04:18:36 pm »
Plant based bottles?

https://mymodernmet.com/the-paper-bottle-project
although I bet aluminum is cheaper and more environmentally friendly
slack