Author Topic: new Brit indie night to start this Sun, Jan.18th  (Read 20955 times)

Richard D Taylor

Re: new Brit indie night to start this Sun, Jan.18th
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2004, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
 Dont play, "I am the ressurection".
I can guarantee you that I will not be playing that one (I've never been a huge fan of that track although I do dig a lot of early Stone Roses). As for the other djs, well, maybe you should cross your fingers.  ;)

Medusa

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Hello all -

This is my first time posting to this board, so I would like to say hello.  :)

The interest with this thread topic about ATMOSPHERE has been great!

Myself and DJ Strange are starting this new night - we are really excited about it, and happy that our special guest DJ for this month, DJ Trickster (a.k.a. friend of Guy Chadwick) is excited too, and has been excellent in getting the word out there!  :)

There was a question about any age restriction, so I wanted to let everyone know that this is a 21+ event.

Also, the event starts at 8 p.m. sharp and about DJ set times, we don't plan those in advance, so we hope that you arrive early, and stay late, especially because Monday is a holiday, to hear all of us spin.  :)

I am also definitely noting the songs people are requesting.

If you do attend, stop by the DJ booth to say hello and while there, enter the giveaway we are doing for a fantastic band called Signal And Report.

Myself and DJ Strange DJ *every* Sunday night at The Blue Room, so if you are interested in coming out another time, check out our web site at http://www.medusapromotions.com to see what we have planned.

In the future, I will most likely post about my events on this board, such as an upcoming Cure night I am doing.

Cheers  :)

DJ Medusa.

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  ehhh what's the age qualifications

(I hate always having to ask this)
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint) it's a 21+ event.  I forgot to mention that in my original post---my bad.

Bags

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2004, 03:31:00 pm »
DJ Medusa, let us know about the Cure night.  I have a couple friends who will crawl there on hands and knees over broken glass if need be.

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2004, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Juliaz3:
  Oh, yeah, I second The Rain Band!
Damn dude, where'd you hear about The Rain Band?  They're not very well-known, even considering that their 2003 debut is import only.  I peruse most of the U.K. music mags and music website but I've seen so little written about them.  I think it's great that there seems to be at least a few people on this board (namely you and Jaguar) that are checking out the import section or buying albums from overseas online.  

As a side note, my favorite album of 2003 was Mew's "Frengers" (an album not a lot of American music fans have even heard of, from what I can tell).  Even so, Mew had so much more exposure than The Rain Band...

What time will your deejay set be at Blue Room on Sunday?
 Not sure the precise time, but I believe that I'll be doing two separate sets over the course of the evening with the first one possibly beginning around 10.  But you should definitely come by as early as you can because DJs Strange and Medusa are going to play some amazing stuff that you almost never hear in clubs.  

What and where is Staccato (your Friday night gig)?
 If you can make it, definitely come over and say hi.  It would be great to put a face with a name, and that goes for everybody.

mankie

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
PULEEEEEEZE!

Even mankie has a Rain Band cd.   :roll:  

(okay, I got it from Jag...but I still have it)

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2004, 04:54:00 pm »
Even I've heard the Rain Band.

mankie

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
That's killed them then, if both Mankie and Rhett know about them.
   ;)

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
Well there you have it, I've been living in a cave all this time...

Juliaz3

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2004, 05:50:00 pm »
FoGC, I also read the Brit music press and scan websites and I've got a best friend who's immersed in Britpop. I actually don't have the Rain Band CD. Plan to order it from www.action-records.co.uk but haven't yet due to budget constraints. See you on Sunday night! Oh, and I'm not a "dude". ;-)

Bags

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2004, 05:53:00 pm »
I don't know Rain Band...

redsock

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2004, 05:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
You know, I might have heard of them once...don't feel bad Bags...we're still cool.

mankie

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2004, 05:57:00 pm »
...and you thought Waterboys were one hit wonders!  ;)

mankie

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2004, 05:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

You know, I might have heard of them once...don't feel bad Bags...we're still cool. [/b]
You're not cool unless Paige said you're cool.

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2004, 06:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Juliaz3:
  FoGC, I also read the Brit music press and scan websites and I've got a best friend who's immersed in Britpop. I actually don't have the Rain Band CD. Plan to order it from www.action-records.co.uk but haven't yet due to budget constraints. See you on Sunday night! Oh, and I'm not a "dude". ;-)
My bad---sorry about that.  Hopefully I'll see you and your friend Sunday night.

And keep those requests coming---I was hoping to see more actually...