Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1290022 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3540 on: September 09, 2019, 10:29:22 am »
I wonder, what it would be like, to actually meet Julian.
The door is always open.
LVMH

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3541 on: September 09, 2019, 11:02:21 am »
Strand of Oaks were fantastic, definitely worth the drive to Charlottesville (even if Waze did put me on approximately 70 miles of alien abduction-worthy roads on the return trip before directing me to the interstate haha)

WALKonBack

« Reply #3542 on: September 09, 2019, 12:34:40 pm »
I wonder, what it would be like, to actually meet Julian.
The door is always open.

I love things, that are, open.

Let's make a, plan.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3543 on: September 09, 2019, 01:01:33 pm »
Wasn't there a flaming lips plan?

WALKonBack

« Reply #3544 on: September 09, 2019, 01:39:37 pm »

Yeah I think there was. We stayed at a wonderful air b&b on the walking mall across from this incredible restaurant that we had dinner at.   It was nice to be able to walk to the show and back. I guess I just completely forgot to message Julian about meeting him.

Completely off topic, but there was this funny scene where I was at the top of the lawn and I said to this guy, what a great shirt you have and I think he thought I was hitting on him because he gave me a very weird look and then stepped three steps away, and slowly walked away from me.

Yada

« Reply #3545 on: September 09, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »
Walk,y and I were supposed to meet for the past decade.

« Reply #3546 on: September 09, 2019, 02:22:13 pm »
I know he was a definite for the Ween show at pier 6 like the day of and then just ghosted us
slack

Yada

« Reply #3547 on: September 09, 2019, 02:34:07 pm »
I know he was a definite for the Ween show at pier 6 like the day of and then just ghosted us

I think he went to the WWF event with killsally instead or got scared of bawlmoor or something.

« Reply #3548 on: September 09, 2019, 02:39:04 pm »

Yeah I think there was. We stayed at a wonderful air b&b on the walking mall across from this incredible restaurant that we had dinner at.   It was nice to be able to walk to the show and back. I guess I just completely forgot to message Julian about meeting him.
Check out Tavola next time you're in C'ville if you haven't already. Amazing food/wine.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #3549 on: September 09, 2019, 03:43:06 pm »

Check out Tavola next time you're in C'ville if you haven't already. Amazing food/wine.

will, do.  we didn't get to explore enough last time.  the air b&bs are super cheap.  we ate at a place called, Bizou.  Had a wonderful conversation with a table next to me, about how if you get into pineal mediation . . . you can contact ghosts and ufos.  my man, just rolled his eyes the entire time.

WALKonBack

« Reply #3550 on: September 09, 2019, 03:44:26 pm »

I think he went to the WWF event with killsally instead or got scared of bawlmoor or something.

ok, i'll admit it . . . I never went for some reason, and was too, gay, to say anything.  I have never eaten a ween ticket before, and it affected me so, to not say anything.  plus . . . Baltimore.

« Reply #3551 on: September 09, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »

will, do.  we didn't get to explore enough last time.  the air b&bs are super cheap.  we ate at a place called, Bizou.  Had a wonderful conversation with a table next to me, about how if you get into pineal mediation . . . you can contact ghosts and ufos.  my man, just rolled his eyes the entire time.
Bizou is pretty good. I don't do the AirBNB thing but the new Autograph Collection hotel there (The Draftsman) is really nice if you're still riding that SPG/Bonvoy train.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3552 on: September 09, 2019, 05:26:53 pm »

Bizou is pretty good. I don't do the AirBNB thing but the new Autograph Collection hotel there (The Draftsman) is really nice if you're still riding that SPG/Bonvoy train.

I am also on team "Bonvoy" but what an atrocious rebranding attempt.

Space Freely

« Reply #3553 on: September 09, 2019, 05:53:59 pm »
I'm on Team Airbnb.

I bet the reviews for the Reach are less glowing once the price goes from free to $50 for a Ben Folds book reading.

lily1

« Reply #3554 on: September 18, 2019, 10:19:34 am »
OMD was great last night. Their voices have not aged at all. Always impressed with their shows.

Berlin was pretty good too.

B52's were meh, not impressed. Kate looked miserable to be there. Several times her and Cindy were off key; Fred was pretty flat.