Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268739 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3285 on: October 10, 2018, 02:04:52 pm »
Crazy opening songs by Jesus and the Mary Chain...3 out of first 4 were
Just like honey, head on and only happy when it rains...three of my favorites
man that really hurt...as a large portion of my ticket purchase was for those three songs
but after dealing with printing issues and parking issues and just getting in the club issues I didn't get in until 8:40 to find out I missed all these gems

But the rest of their set was tight and it was fun to see them, they sounded great and were dialed in with the sound and light show

NIN was fun and intense...but kinda realized that I'm just not that big of a NIN fan

I'm Afraid of Americans (David Bowie cover)  was great
Head like a Hole was on point (although was really hoping for more from PHM)
The Great Destroyer sounded awesome
and of course they closed with a pasionate Hurt

nothing from Bad Witch (which was fine by me)

The electricity bill must have been higher than normal...as those lights were SOO bright at times

Robin Finck was a monster on guitar and really enjoyed watching him just blast away and really add to the perfomance

Jesus Christ, *one* song off of Psychocandy. And three off of Automatic. That is misguided.
yeah...that Psychocandy show at 930 was so great, can't believe we only got one song
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:07:05 pm by dégorgement-hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3286 on: October 10, 2018, 02:10:34 pm »
Curious selections prioritizing later stuff..,

Reverence was great too but a couple of songs I was like “They got better than this...way way better and not just psychocandy”

They sounded so good to me. Jim Reid’s voice is ageless.

I echo Sidehatch: Am just not a NIN fan....respect for Treznor but his music does nothing for me...they put on a good show....The now mandatory at the Anthem from performer anti Trump rant was one of the better ones....

« Reply #3287 on: October 10, 2018, 02:31:55 pm »
....The now mandatory at the Anthem from performer anti Trump rant was one of the better ones....
Yeah...Trent said that the last time he was in DC he was invited by the president to come to the white house because he did the soundtrack for Before The Flood and they were doing a screening

no invites this time around

He said he tries to not get political, but he is just losing it lately with Trump and thanked the crowd for letting him scream and yell for two hours to get it out of his system...I think the crowd felt the same way
slack

hutch

« Reply #3288 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:27 pm »
He called things “disgusting”

It’s just funny...New York gets special guest artists joining act, LA gets movie stars or kardashians etc...both towns might get an extra long show for reviewers read nationally

In DC our “bonus” is an anti Trump joke, rant or whatever and some of the artists will apologize for talking about it but also tell you they can’t help it....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:41:30 pm by hutch »

« Reply #3289 on: October 10, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »
In DC our “bonus” is an anti Trump joke, rant or whatever and some of the artists will apologize for talking about it but also tell you they can’t help it....
You forgot 'I grew up listening to all the Discord bands and it changed my life'
slack

hutch

« Reply #3290 on: October 10, 2018, 03:07:20 pm »
DC Trump comment:rant happens much more often which makes sense...artists tend to be quite liberals and liberals are aghast

K8teebug

« Reply #3291 on: October 12, 2018, 09:25:20 am »
I went to see Ali Wong last night. She is so fucking funny. I love her.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3292 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:30 am »
Big Thief, was excellent, on Sunday night.
One of those quiet-audience paying rapt attention kind of nights.
Club was nearly sold out, or sold out.
Great performance.
Really glad I went.

« Reply #3293 on: October 23, 2018, 01:39:20 pm »
Big Thief, was excellent, on Sunday night.
Really glad I went.
had to deal with something and really bummed I had to miss this one
slack

hutch

« Reply #3294 on: October 26, 2018, 10:14:07 am »
That was some show last night.....top top notch

Thank you Captain  Sidehatch for hosting pregame!

Nice seeing Keetebug, Dyecraig and Yada

K8teebug

« Reply #3295 on: October 26, 2018, 10:33:34 am »
That was some show last night.....top top notch

Nice seeing Keetebug, Dyecraig and Yada

Great finally meeting all of you! Thanks for having us all, Sidehatch!

What a fucking night. Almost transcendent show. No one else like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Warren Ellis just fucking kills. Sad I wasn't in the front, but was also glad I could watch the stage from above this time.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:20:47 am by K8teebug »

« Reply #3296 on: October 26, 2018, 10:42:23 am »
Great finally meeting all of you! Thanks for having us all, Sidehatch!
Not a problem, I enjoy hosting
What a fucking night.
Had two parent teacher conferences starting at 8AM and was a little crispy...luckily they love my kids, so it went well and didn't have much to do
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #3297 on: October 26, 2018, 10:59:07 am »
Super fun Descendents gig last night...somehow I managed to shake off jet lag from traveling 19 hours back from Italy and still go to the show (well, I did sleep 4 hours on the plane)...damn layover in Amsterdam added a bunch of time. Anyway, I finally got to hear "Good Good Things" live, which made it all worth it.

hutch

« Reply #3298 on: October 26, 2018, 05:19:49 pm »
It bears mention that last nights Cave show and heck whole tour was dedicated to recently fallen bad seed Conway Savage from the picture displayed before they went on to piano chair not replaced with filling in by Ellis, Nick and very occasionally the vibes, bells etc player...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3299 on: November 19, 2018, 11:42:41 am »
Catching up:

Jason Narducy house show in Baltimore at Club603, was very much fun. Got to chat with Bearman, who is close personal friends with Jason.
Saves the Day and Kevin Devine was a no show for me due to Snow.
Wye Oak and Thor and Friends was great. Had never seen the WO folks, and they were really fun and percussive. Thor and Friends is an instrumental mostly marimba thing that I thought was going to be the suck, but was, instead really engaging.