Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269110 times)

K8teebug

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3735 on: November 12, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »
(and just go ahead and make fun of me if you want for that one...)
umm, I don't want to get punched in the face tho...

Ha...for the record, I've only ever punched one person in the face for reals, and it was a total accident.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3736 on: November 12, 2019, 07:31:03 pm »
it was a total accident.

so it wasn't actually for reals, now was it?
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3737 on: November 13, 2019, 09:47:21 am »
Isn't it time for Space to bring out that bottle story?

nkotb

« Reply #3738 on: November 13, 2019, 10:57:45 am »
No surprise, but Downtown Boys rocked last night.  Really one of my favorite bands to see.  And of course, this didn't hurt my enjoyment...

« Reply #3739 on: November 13, 2019, 11:10:53 am »
reviews were that Bernie sounded a little flat...
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3740 on: November 13, 2019, 11:18:52 am »
America is not ready for a Jewish president...
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3741 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:04 am »

nkotb

« Reply #3742 on: November 13, 2019, 11:28:36 am »

Bagley

« Reply #3743 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:31 pm »
Dylan was in rare form last night at UMBC.  He played both guitar and piano and his harmonica playing never sounded better.  Surprisingly, the sound was good at the event center.  The seasoned veterans Sexton and Garnier are the core of the band.  A violinist/pedal steel player  added atmosphere to ballads like Girl From the North Country.  Most importantly, his vocals were strong and some of the arrangements were breathtaking i.e. Simple Twist of Fate...He kind of shuffles around the stage now, often rising from the piano bench to grab the harmonica and continue the song while standing.  What a treat.  Long live the King!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3744 on: November 13, 2019, 03:11:31 pm »
Dylan was in rare form last night at UMBC.  He played both guitar and piano and his harmonica playing never sounded better.  Surprisingly, the sound was good at the event center.  The seasoned veterans Sexton and Garnier are the core of the band.  A violinist/pedal steel player  added atmosphere to ballads like Girl From the North Country.  Most importantly, his vocals were strong and some of the arrangements were breathtaking i.e. Simple Twist of Fate...He kind of shuffles around the stage now, often rising from the piano bench to grab the harmonica and continue the song while standing.  What a treat.  Long live the King!
Very cool. Going to see him tonite in the booming metropolis of Petersburg, VA.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3745 on: November 13, 2019, 03:30:50 pm »

Is Donnie Herron from BR549 still the fiddle/pedal steel player? When Dylan took him away from BR549, it pretty much killed that band. Poor Chuck Mead, he never recovered. But I guess if Dylan calls, you don't say no.

hutch

« Reply #3746 on: November 13, 2019, 03:45:07 pm »
Great review...thanks

I knew I should have gone

Bagley

« Reply #3747 on: November 13, 2019, 03:49:05 pm »
Is Donnie Herron from BR549 still the fiddle/pedal steel player? 

Yup

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3748 on: November 13, 2019, 06:01:41 pm »

Excellent.
I have seen Dylan twice in the past maybe 10 years, and skipped this show because the previous shows were so bad that I walked out both of those times. The event center is so new and clean, parking is free and easy, and the sound was also great for Avett Bros.

Regretting slightly not going to Dylan, but my post show banter is that I got to see Will Johnson from Centro-Matic (and a bunch of other bands), play a living room show, and then I got to hang with him for more than an hour afterwards of old-guys trading "what bands they saw when" stories. That was pretty fun.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3749 on: November 18, 2019, 12:11:18 pm »
Managed to make it up to NJ to see the Feelies play their first 2 LPs. Damn, that was a good show. Great venue too...White Eagle Hall. I highly recommend it.