Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1293215 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3780 on: December 05, 2019, 06:08:04 pm »
The Patterson Hood show at AMP by Strathmore was great. A lot of new songs from the forthcoming DBT record. Really appreciative crowd, at close to capacity. I cannot get to the February 930 dates, but you should do so.
so did the seats restrict your 'rocking out' is what we really want to know

Solo acoustic show so rocking out not really an option. I did break the house rules and I stood over by the side up against the wall, because I do hate to sitdown for a show if I can avoid it.

Cheap Trick at Warner makes very little sense to me. Natural Fillmore SS show.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3781 on: December 09, 2019, 05:19:19 pm »
92 and 94: The Hold Steady shows in Brooklyn were great. I love that band. The openers were Lilith on friday and Ezra Furman on Saturday. Lilith were good, happy indie-poppy out of Boston. Ezra on Saturday night was really outstanding. Visceral.

93. In between, went to see a live radio show: Live from Here, hosted by Chris Thile, with guests: Black Pumas, Pixies, Crooked Still, and a great house band that included Aofie O'Donovan (Crooked Still/I'm With Her) and Chris Eldridge (Punch Brothers). Really a fun and interesting variety show with so many talented musicans. I saw Black Francis outside afterwards and said "great show," and he nodded agreeably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaf3GDz6_Go   

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:22:20 pm by challanged and calloused »

hemisphire

« Reply #3782 on: December 10, 2019, 12:03:07 pm »
93. In between, went to see a live radio show: Live from Here, hosted by Chris Thile, with guests: Black Pumas, Pixies, Crooked Still, and a great house band that included Aofie O'Donovan (Crooked Still/I'm With Her) and Chris Eldridge (Punch Brothers). Really a fun and interesting variety show with so many talented musicans. I saw Black Francis outside afterwards and said "great show," and he nodded agreeably.

I've really enjoyed the former Prairie Home Companion as Thile has evolved it from a variety show with a little music to a concert with some sketches. The one at Wolf Trap this past summer was great, already bought tix to the Kennedy Center show in March.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3783 on: December 10, 2019, 12:32:38 pm »

I've really enjoyed the former Prairie Home Companion as Thile has evolved it from a variety show with a little music to a concert with some sketches. The one at Wolf Trap this past summer was great, already bought tix to the Kennedy Center show in March.
I wasn't a Portlandia fanboy but the one where the aging hipster couple tailgates a Prairie Home Companion live show is a hysterical bit.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3784 on: December 10, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »
The Hold Steady should open for Ezra Furman.

92 and 94: The Hold Steady shows in Brooklyn were great. I love that band. The openers were Lilith on friday and Ezra Furman on Saturday. Lilith were good, happy indie-poppy out of Boston. Ezra on Saturday night was really outstanding. Visceral.

(_|_)

« Reply #3785 on: December 10, 2019, 02:48:33 pm »
why didn't you tell us that when he was at Union stage in sept!
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3786 on: December 10, 2019, 03:36:52 pm »

Sure Joe. 
Sure.
Joe.
Sur
Jo

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3787 on: December 15, 2019, 11:34:10 am »
Saw Louie CK in Timonium. Say what you will, but the guy is hilarious.  He addressed his situation head on and was funny as hell.  Hope he can turn around the career (not that he is hurting for cash).

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3788 on: December 15, 2019, 01:12:42 pm »
the guy is hilarious.
Politifact Rating: Pants on Fire
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3789 on: December 15, 2019, 10:36:41 pm »
I'm almost positive I was at this show, and some of the others listed here. Anyone else?

https://hardcoreshowflyers.net/?p=28240

Bagley

« Reply #3790 on: December 17, 2019, 12:14:46 pm »
Anyone check out Mount Eerie last night?
Vas?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3791 on: December 17, 2019, 12:31:34 pm »
oh yah I was there.  Was hard to get out on a rainy Monday but I did it.   Why didn't you go?!

They did all of Lost Wisdom pt 2 in order, then most of Lost Wisdom, then ended with "I Will Always Love You" cover.

Julie Doiron opened with ~45 minutes of mostly requests, a couple just fragments of songs just to please some people. She's quite a funny woman,...she complained about having stomach cramp from eating pad thai, etc.

Their voices work well together and their set was very focused.  Phil has a soothing voice, very calm and he's a great lyricist.  Not a lot of banter between songs, some funny moments.  Lucky to hear both albums (esp. since they probably won't do it again).

Vas?
(_|_)

Bagley

« Reply #3792 on: December 17, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »
oh yah I was there.  Was hard to get out on a rainy Monday but I did it.   Why didn't you go?!

They did all of Lost Wisdom pt 2 in order, then most of Lost Wisdom, then ended with "I Will Always Love You" cover.

Julie Doiron opened with ~45 minutes of mostly requests, a couple just fragments of songs just to please some people. She's quite a funny woman,...she complained about having stomach cramp from eating pad thai, etc.

Their voices work well together and their set was very focused.  Phil has a soothing voice, very calm and he's a great lyricist.  Not a lot of banter between songs, some funny moments.  Lucky to hear both albums (esp. since they probably won't do it again).

Vas?

Wow, sounds like a terrific show.  Sorry I missed it.

No legit excuses really ....just a case of the Mondays

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3793 on: December 17, 2019, 03:17:56 pm »
Are you getting old?!  ;D ::)

Yeah....it was quite awesome.  Definitely in my top 10 this year (out of approx. 90 shows?).  I still have a couple more left in December, gotta beat challenged, ya know?

(_|_)

Bagley

« Reply #3794 on: December 19, 2019, 10:32:06 am »
...It wouldn't surprise me if Beach Bunny was headlining the 9:30 within a year.
they've got a RNR hotel show in the spring on the books already (not sold out yet)

It is now.

Check out this acoustic Paste session-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAlC0w8U7Kc