Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1300689 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4230 on: November 15, 2021, 09:29:14 am »
I read a wiki on Charley Drayton...and he does it all, multi-instrumentalist
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4231 on: November 15, 2021, 09:29:49 am »
Wait did you write that Space? Cause if you did that’s the single greatest thing you ever did here!

Starsky

« Reply #4232 on: November 15, 2021, 09:31:00 am »
Rhythm section on one of my all time favorite albums is Drayton on bass and Jordan on drums!

Andres Calamaro - Alta Suciedad

https://www.discogs.com/master/295341-Andrés-Calamaro-Alta-Suciedad

Starsky

« Reply #4233 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:16 am »
Imagine being that good - elite- on bass and drums!

Ridiculous

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4234 on: November 15, 2021, 09:43:23 am »
Irritating singer.
Totally forgettable music.

Sylvan Esso was cool. 

hmmm. maybe this is all subjective. unsure.

Yada

« Reply #4235 on: November 15, 2021, 10:03:55 am »
Wait did you write that Space? Cause if you did that’s the single greatest thing you ever did here!

Hahaha, was wondering the same.  Obvious C+P job is Obvious.

Starsky

« Reply #4236 on: November 15, 2021, 10:11:00 am »
I wanted to believe……

Well, maybe the copy paste is the greatest thing Space ever did on this board…..the bar is low

Space Freely

« Reply #4237 on: November 15, 2021, 10:14:57 am »

Sorry, not me. Jon Wurster is the writer of course. I was not attempting to take the credit. As I noted, it's a good read.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4238 on: November 15, 2021, 10:29:45 am »
Post-Show Banter on Jason Narducy at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia.
We hung around on South Street for the afternoon, and ate and visited with girfriend's cousin and visited the record store and some vintage stores and ate some more.
Then we parked in front of Fantasy Island sex shop, and met up down the block at Four Seasons and hung around with Jason and some friends, but the City would not issue a permit for the show and instead stickered the premises with a "Cease Operations" notice making it clear that any show would be illegal.
So the show was moved the the Four Seasons' owner's home around 20 minutes north.
We stopped off for some pizza on the way north, at Philomena Santucci's which was pretty great, greasy cheesy square pizza.
Then up to the show in the owner's backyard. Around 45 degrees but we dressed for that and there was a fire-pit, and Four Seasons Total Lanscaping Beer. (Funk Brewing, Lawn Jawn IPA)
Jason played 3 songs and then Jon Glaser (actor comedian, you may know him from Parks and Recreation) interrupted the show with a megaphone as an enforcement officer and threatened to shut the show down. That was a fun bit for awhile, as Jason convinced him not to shut the show down.
Jason then continued with the show, his songs, stories, Verboten the musical songs, plus a few covers: Can't Hardly Wait (replacements), Cath (Dcfc), Waterloo Sunset (kinks), and finished with All you need is love (beatles).
All in all a very fun day.

« Reply #4239 on: November 15, 2021, 11:14:27 am »
Then we parked in front of Fantasy Island sex shop,
how was their merch :)
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4240 on: November 15, 2021, 12:24:23 pm »
Then we parked in front of Fantasy Island sex shop,
how was their merch :)

https://fantasyislandbookstore.bigcartel.com/?fbclid=IwAR08uGTYdW_8ylxFYH1JVf591TKhDGAGoq8xRFUnCX_tiTo8mz-XGJ3u6mY         

i am regretting not going in. girlfriend comment was, "look at how suspicous these guys look going into the store, don't they know about the internet?"

« Reply #4241 on: November 15, 2021, 02:54:48 pm »
Post-Show Banter on Jason Narducy at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia.
JN can confirm  https://www.facebook.com/jason.narducy/posts/10161425837709838

Wait, jules played a cameo??
Three songs into the show, city inspector Julian Erving (played by Jon Glaser) arrived with his megaphone to “Shut this show down!” After 15 minutes of learning which university taught Julian how to properly use a megaphone, why he doesn’t like working for his daddy, and why his parents named him after Dr J, we were able to convince him to let the show continue.

Good pics of all the things you mentioned too
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4242 on: November 15, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »
JN can confirm  https://www.facebook.com/jason.narducy/posts/10161425837709838

Wait, jules played a cameo??
Three songs into the show, city inspector Julian Erving (played by Jon Glaser) arrived with his megaphone to “Shut this show down!” After 15 minutes of learning which university taught Julian how to properly use a megaphone, why he doesn’t like working for his daddy, and why his parents named him after Dr J, we were able to convince him to let the show continue.

Good pics of all the things you mentioned too
I have a long, robust history of appearing at highly idiosyncratic performance art pieces that meld location, period references, and music into the Avant Garde. See also: my work with Pizza Underground.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4243 on: November 15, 2021, 10:33:55 pm »
Hey Yada how was Liam Kazar?

A+, would see again and again. Great musician, incredibly tight band (same backing band as Sam Evian), maybe 30 people there for his set.

Stayed for about 40 minutes of Sam's set, good enough but his vox didn't shine through on the DC9 sound system.

TiL that Liam Lazar was in Jeff Tweedy's touring  "Tweedy" band.

Space Freely

« Reply #4244 on: November 16, 2021, 09:00:59 am »
Hey Yada how was Liam Kazar?

A+, would see again and again. Great musician, incredibly tight band (same backing band as Sam Evian), maybe 30 people there for his set.

Stayed for about 40 minutes of Sam's set, good enough but his vox didn't shine through on the DC9 sound system.

TiL that Liam Lazar was in Jeff Tweedy's touring  "Tweedy" band.

At some point I think Facebook suggested I join a Wilco fans group that some real life friends were members of, and I clicked on it. Mixed feelings on the stuff that it sends my way, but they did turn me on to Liam Kazar. Or maybe you mentioned him here first. I'll give you both credit.