Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1905919 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5475 on: July 25, 2024, 11:46:16 am »
Did they play Jump…man that was a weird time in music

« Reply #5476 on: July 25, 2024, 12:56:38 pm »
are they still wearing their pants backwards
slack

hutch

« Reply #5477 on: July 28, 2024, 11:23:59 pm »
Justice blew the roof off the Anthem tonight.

So so good
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 11:32:20 pm by hutch »

nkotb

« Reply #5478 on: July 29, 2024, 09:54:55 am »
Killer show on Friday.

Showed up right at the end of DLI's set, which was blistering.  Wish I had caught more of them.

Magic Rockers of Texas were a lot of fun.  Not sure I'd go out my way to catch them again, but they were a great additional to the line-up.

Manners Manners I had heard of, but never really listened to.  Turns it out was their record release party, and the crowd was hyped up for them.  Thought they were great live.  The album didn't exactly land with me (listened on the way home).  Also, one of the coolest looking bass players I've ever seen.

A Giant Dog...what can you say?  One of the best live acts in the US for the last like 6 years or so (whenever I first saw them).  Andrew proclaimed, three songs in, that it was the best show they've ever had in Baltimore.   Short set...and I grabbed the setlist to see they had to cut a song or two, but what can you?

Nice catching up with Vas Deferens after.  And chatted a bit to Sabrina when i bought a shirt.  They thanked me for "bringing great energy" to the show, which was a very nice thing to say to an old man that loves to fist pump.

« Reply #5479 on: July 29, 2024, 02:02:42 pm »
A Giant Dog...what can you say?  One of the best live acts in the US for the last like 6 years or so (whenever I first saw them).  Andrew proclaimed, three songs in, that it was the best show they've ever had in Baltimore.   Short set...and I grabbed the setlist to see they had to cut a song or two, but what can you?

Nice catching up with Vas Deferens after.  And chatted a bit to Sabrina when i bought a shirt.  They thanked me for "bringing great energy" to the show, which was a very nice thing to say to an old man that loves to fist pump.
nice
last show I saw them at in Balt...was poorly attended, but didn't stop them from a blistering set ...that didn't clock in more than 60-70 mins
which is fine if it's 4 bands and they deliver 110%

Did you get the Scandal cover? (the warrior)

Bummed to have missed this
You need to update this https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-giant-dog/2024/ottobar-baltimore-md-6b570af2.html

was sabrinia wearing a shirt when she sold you a shirt ;)

they are one of the best touring acts I agree...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 02:04:21 pm by Hatchamaticıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #5480 on: July 29, 2024, 02:33:10 pm »
Did you get the Scandal cover? (the warrior)

Yep.  Plus, their cover of Angst in my Pants.

was sabrinia wearing a shirt when she sold you a shirt ;)

Somehow they had less on when running the merch booth than during the set

Yada

« Reply #5481 on: July 29, 2024, 03:32:35 pm »
Beck with NSO @ Wolf Trap

Absolute A+ show... great to hear some deep Sea Change/Morning Phase tunes as well as many other lesser played tunes.

Would see again.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #5482 on: July 29, 2024, 06:40:49 pm »
Justice blew the roof off the Anthem tonight.

So so good

Tickets were going for $15-20 a few hours before showtime. Momentarily considered it. Sounds like I missed out.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5483 on: July 30, 2024, 09:27:56 am »
Got a free ticket to Green Day/Pumpkins. Got to see Rancid play 2 songs. Pumpkins were just fine. But I thought Green Day was extremely tight, sounded great, and had tremendous energy. That was by far my favorite show of theirs, even though it was in the biggest venue. Great evening.

« Reply #5484 on: July 30, 2024, 09:48:36 am »
Got a free ticket to Green Day/Pumpkins. Got to see Rancid play 2 songs. Pumpkins were just fine. But I thought Green Day was extremely tight, sounded great, and had tremendous energy. That was by far my favorite show of theirs, even though it was in the biggest venue. Great evening.
alas I bailed, how was the downpour? or did that start before the bands?
slack

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #5485 on: July 30, 2024, 10:02:25 am »
Jumped on tickets at the last minute for Green Day and fully agree, they sounded incredible live and had nonstop energy for 2.5 hours. I could feel the upper deck move during certain songs - they had the crowd in the palm of their hand.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5486 on: July 30, 2024, 01:53:00 pm »
Rancid only got 2 songs in before they were cut. Pumpkins had to cut 3 songs (not sorry). Green Day played a very full, very rocket-fueled set. It was awesome.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5487 on: August 25, 2024, 07:22:18 am »
Going to given the Big Star Quintet show a solid B.  Two sets with the first primary being Radio City of course. Second set more of #1 and a few from Third/Sister Lover.

Musically the band was in top notch form and clearly enjoying playing those great tunes.  Although, they did meander a bit with some of Third songs they have recently added to the set.

Vocally Jon Auer and Pat Sansone were spot on and the harmonies always worked. Jody Stephens is an ok singer, Mike Mills is sounding a bit gravely these days and some of the songs he sang lead on were better than others.  Chris Stamey’s voice is also sounding a bit rough these days.

Radio City is a great album, but it does trail off towards the end and I never really got into what was supposed to be the third album.

Show ended with Pat doing a great take on Chris Bell’s “You And Your Sister” followed by  “Thank You Friends”
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #5488 on: August 25, 2024, 02:15:01 pm »
I was expecting to see you at Koe Wetzel!

Space Freely

« Reply #5489 on: August 26, 2024, 11:16:35 am »
Bruce in the USA, Arrowbrook Park, Herndon VA, 8/24/24, free show

So we pregamed at Juicy Brewing, nearby. First brewery outing for our very friendly and curious puppy. Excellent pastry sours.

Then we headed to the show, scheduled for 90 minutes. The band was introduced by the town supervisor, and took the stage at 7:30. From far away, the clad all in black singer passed for Bruce, at least more than any of the other band members. At times he sounded a bit like Bruce on a very band singing night, at times he sounded nothing like Bruce at all. The fat, old black sax player passed for end of his days Clarence, much more than for modern day Jake. He also announced that he's from Herndon, as did Bruce a few songs later. The short, pudgy (and talented, at least in my non-musician estimation) guitarist with the doo rag was obviously supposed to be Little Steven. The also had an organist, a keys player, a bassist, and a drummer. No money for a Nils Lofgren guy, or the 18 other people in the E Street Band.

Most notably, they played Born in the USA and Jungleland, which don't seem to get played at Bruce shows themselves.

Overall, it was passably entertaining. It didn't move me to goosebumps and tears like the real Bruce show did, but hey, those are some damn great songs and the band was tight-ish. Would I go again for free? Maybe? If I hadn't gone to this, I would have probably just watched the boob tube or gone to the Big Star shpw. Am I ok that I passed over the Big Star tribute show for this one? Well, I don't really know any Big Star songs and haven't listened to them in 20 years. And I knew pretty much all of the Bruce songs.

My daughter said it was "terrible" and my wife said it was "a waste of her time," and announced she was "ready to go, anytime" two-thirds of the way through the show. But they say that about any acitivity that I choose. So, grain of salt.

I'm not even sure puppy was offically allowed on the astroturf, but he attended anyway and did ok. Probably would have done better at a quiet Kenny G show. Or a hobo rock show with six solo dispersed masked people in a basement, at least one of whom wouldn't be able to see him. Like my daughter, he probably won't remember the first rock show he attended, so I'll always tell him it was the real Bruce Springsteen.

Unfortunately, no 9:30 boardie spottings.