Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1832467 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5550 on: September 17, 2024, 11:02:03 pm »
No Back Off Boogaloo?  :(

Oh I think he played it but I wasn’t able to see that one…he also did a Lennon song I think

hutch

« Reply #5552 on: September 18, 2024, 08:47:25 am »
Love and Rockets knew what they were signing up for….

« Reply #5553 on: September 18, 2024, 08:51:22 am »
Love and Rockets knew what they were signing up for….
poor guys are cursed first Bauhaus screws them on a full us tour, now janes
one would think they have visas and stuff and could cobble together a tour
This was with Live nation, not sure why they don't just book a mini tour at the Filmore's of the country
slack

hutch

« Reply #5554 on: September 18, 2024, 09:02:54 am »
Ummm they are Bauhaus

« Reply #5555 on: September 18, 2024, 09:03:30 am »
Ummm they are Bauhaus
Ok...should have said Peter Murphy screwed them
sadly most of the world things Murphy is Bauhaus and they are just the backup band
slack

hutch

« Reply #5556 on: September 18, 2024, 12:00:43 pm »
Ummm they are Bauhaus
Ok...should have said Peter Murphy screwed them
sadly most of the world things Murphy is Bauhaus and they are just the backup band

I don’t believe that… I think they were ready to do the US tour coming from Europe and took a look at ticket sales and decided sales were too soft and it wasn’t worth it. Then Murphy took the fall by making up the whole rehab story.

Space Freely

« Reply #5557 on: Today at 11:16:02 am »
Good but not great show by Old 97's last night. Rhett's vocal range seemed to be more limited than normal, and I wasn't crazy about the song selection. Kudos to them that they go so deep into their catalog and deliver a very different show each time they're in town. Note, only about half the songs they played are listed on the setlist website.

Thanks to Seth for having these guys play so many times. They clearly love playing the 9:30, as they went into in detail in their banter.

I saw lots of tall people and was hoping that one of them was Hutch, but don't think that was so.

Funniest moment of the night: At dinner, my wife set something paper (can't remember if it was the menu, or something else) on top of the candle. And immediately, our table was on fire. In her first attempt to put it out, she shoved the fire in my direction and set me on fire momentarily. But eventually all was fine. Though we remained candleless, thankfullt.

« Reply #5558 on: Today at 11:20:13 am »
I would pay dozens of dollars for the security cam footage from that restaurant!
slack

hutch

« Reply #5559 on: Today at 12:18:37 pm »
I am really run down and couldn’t muster the energy…

Kind of depressing…it’s a symptom of my cancer and the med I take…

It’s pretty fucked up how I can sleep all day and still be tired

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5560 on: Today at 04:03:49 pm »
Accident?? Hmmm

Good but not great show by Old 97's last night. Rhett's vocal range seemed to be more limited than normal, and I wasn't crazy about the song selection. Kudos to them that they go so deep into their catalog and deliver a very different show each time they're in town. Note, only about half the songs they played are listed on the setlist website.

Thanks to Seth for having these guys play so many times. They clearly love playing the 9:30, as they went into in detail in their banter.

I saw lots of tall people and was hoping that one of them was Hutch, but don't think that was so.

Funniest moment of the night: At dinner, my wife set something paper (can't remember if it was the menu, or something else) on top of the candle. And immediately, our table was on fire. In her first attempt to put it out, she shoved the fire in my direction and set me on fire momentarily. But eventually all was fine. Though we remained candleless, thankfullt.