Author Topic: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff  (Read 25713 times)

atomic

Re: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 05:12:45 pm »
Attachment parents are usually the most self-righteous, lecture-y, full-of-themselves assholes. So it is just perfect that James Ford is one of them.

I don't know why he has to give us his whacked-out opinion on how to raise your kids in every thread.  I just asked for where I could get baby stuff not how to be a nut-job.

atomic

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 05:15:25 pm »
P.S. I think it's more reasonable to tune in to Blossom than to Howard Stern for parenting tips.

I think it is much more likely that Blossom's child will go on a killing spree than Howard Stern's daughters.   

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »
Attachment parents are usually the most self-righteous, lecture-y, full-of-themselves assholes. So it is just perfect that James Ford is one of them.
couldn't agree more
slack

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »
Um, not really.

You do realize that by wearing the sling, you are practicing one of the tools of attachment parenting, right? Even if you're just using it as an exercise tool rather than a tool for parent and child to feel more physically and emotionally bonded.

You say the phrase "attachment parenting" the way Democrats used to try to distance themselves from the word "liberal" 20 years ago.

Granted, not all of the tenets of attachment parenting are for everyone (hell, i'm a big proponent, and I wouldn't want my elementary school kid in bed with me on a regular basis, though my wife would), but most thinking, giving, progressive parents would probably at least identify with some of attachment parenting. So stop saying it like it's a dirty word, otherwise you end up sounding like an "I only wear a sling for the exercise" macho meathead.

You sound like a macho meathead.

hmm...I suspect the comment was sarcastic...but you didn't follow with a emoticon so I don't know
 :P
Ok just responding to you and your rant is just encouraging you to rant on more but I feel compelled to poke the warthog

Yes it is a part of attachment parenting.  Inferring that I subscribe to the long list of things that is attachment parenting is like saying I'm Vegan, but I eat meat 3 or 4 times a week.
I like the sling and used it a lot, the exercise comment was in ref to the jog stroller and that the sling wasn't only for short trips, but I could actually get some strenuous exercise whilst taking the kid

I liked the sling for a lot of reasons, one was in fact being close to my child and getting feedback from them that it was in fact very comforting to them.  I also like having my hands free. When using a stroller (especially on the steep hills of SF) you pretty much have to have your hands on it at all times

But slings have been around for centuries, way before attachment parenting came along
I do have a lot of issues with attachment parenting and it's philosophy and I do think it's a dirty word

obviously you have a lot of issues to work out and looks like your wife wears the pants in the family.
So it might be time to ask her for your balls back

lastly I'm liberal and proud to say it
slack

James Ford

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »
I prefer to think of it as being strong in my beliefs and wanting to shed some light on them to others. The way you do with gay marriage.

James Ford

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 06:21:25 pm »
I'm thinking Blossom's kids are more likely to get a PHD while Howard's daughters will either get knocked up while attending community college or else turn out to be man hating lesbians.

P.S. I think it's more reasonable to tune in to Blossom than to Howard Stern for parenting tips.

I think it is much more likely that Blossom's child will go on a killing spree than Howard Stern's daughters.   

atomic

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »
I'm thinking Blossom's kids are more likely to get a PHD while Howard's daughters will either get knocked up while attending community college or else turn out to be man hating lesbians.

You are annoying.  I am sure your daughter will be living with you when she is 40.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:28:24 pm by atomic »

James Ford

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 06:35:19 pm »
Considering I'll be 80 and my wife 75, we'll probably welcome the free elder care.

If you don't plan on remaining close with your kids your whole life, why have them in the first place?

You are annoying.  I am sure your daughter will be living with you when she is 40.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:37:00 pm by James Ford »

Relaxer

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:45 pm »
James reminds me so much of Sarah Palin in the way he presents the world as black or white and there are no other options.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »
I prefer to think of it as being strong in my beliefs and wanting to shed some light on them to others. The way you do with gay marriage.

This is an asinine comparison. My strong anti-DOMA views are based on the injustice of denying citizens their rights and in a larger sense, viewing certain people as different or alien and therefore available to be demonized. Talk to Ratbastard about his party's shameful record of oppression if you need more information.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:49 pm »
relaxer . . . i want to have your, next baby.  we will keep it a secret and not tell anybody.

James Ford

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 09:21:54 pm »
You've never even met me or had a conversation with me. It's rather asinine for you to make such a comment like that. For the record, my political views are probably more in line with Rachel Maddow's or Keith Olberman's, both of whom seem to see the world in similar black and white hues.

I'm just sharing the parenting skills that worked best for us, and why I think they are the best choices for others. Does that make other choices wrong? No. But obviously you feel the choices you made for your kids were the best ones for them, right? If you're not interested in my thoughts, skip them. I usually skip over your posts.

James reminds me so much of Sarah Palin in the way he presents the world as black or white and there are no other options.

James Ford

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
If by "wife wears the pants in your famliy" you mean she made most of the parenting decisions in the early years, then yes she wore the pants. As well she should have. She was home full time with the child and with her 24 hours a day for six straight years. She made most of the decisions, and thankfully she was spot on with most of them. And when she wasn't, I called bullshit.

20 years from now, attachment parenting will have been co-opted into the mainstream and it will no longer be a "dirty word". Just like "gay marriage" is no longer the dirty word it was with mainstream people 20 years ago.

Um, not really.

You do realize that by wearing the sling, you are practicing one of the tools of attachment parenting, right? Even if you're just using it as an exercise tool rather than a tool for parent and child to feel more physically and emotionally bonded.

You say the phrase "attachment parenting" the way Democrats used to try to distance themselves from the word "liberal" 20 years ago.

Granted, not all of the tenets of attachment parenting are for everyone (hell, i'm a big proponent, and I wouldn't want my elementary school kid in bed with me on a regular basis, though my wife would), but most thinking, giving, progressive parents would probably at least identify with some of attachment parenting. So stop saying it like it's a dirty word, otherwise you end up sounding like an "I only wear a sling for the exercise" macho meathead.

You sound like a macho meathead.

hmm...I suspect the comment was sarcastic...but you didn't follow with a emoticon so I don't know
 :P
Ok just responding to you and your rant is just encouraging you to rant on more but I feel compelled to poke the warthog

Yes it is a part of attachment parenting.  Inferring that I subscribe to the long list of things that is attachment parenting is like saying I'm Vegan, but I eat meat 3 or 4 times a week.
I like the sling and used it a lot, the exercise comment was in ref to the jog stroller and that the sling wasn't only for short trips, but I could actually get some strenuous exercise whilst taking the kid

I liked the sling for a lot of reasons, one was in fact being close to my child and getting feedback from them that it was in fact very comforting to them.  I also like having my hands free. When using a stroller (especially on the steep hills of SF) you pretty much have to have your hands on it at all times

But slings have been around for centuries, way before attachment parenting came along
I do have a lot of issues with attachment parenting and it's philosophy and I do think it's a dirty word

obviously you have a lot of issues to work out and looks like your wife wears the pants in the family.
So it might be time to ask her for your balls back

lastly I'm liberal and proud to say it

hutch

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:02 pm »
people are so silly.... since time began every generation thinks its got the parenting answers...

atomic

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:15 am »
people are so silly.... since time began every generation thinks its got the parenting answers...

If James.Ford were gay he would be on here blasting us for not giving guys blow jobs.  He can only see things from his viewpoint.  Or should I say his wifes viewpoint.