Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593596 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1905 on: November 03, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »
It's funny the two of you aren't that funny on here. I can't imagine either of you'd be that good at standup.

On the other hand, I'd pay a dollar to see Relaxer or perhaps even ggw do standup.
Any time I'm on the other side of a divide as yourself and GGW, I'm pretty reassured in my decisions since you're both fucking trash.

Relaxer is cool, tho.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:52:21 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1906 on: November 03, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #1907 on: November 03, 2015, 03:47:00 pm »
Goddammit now I've got a boner
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #1908 on: November 03, 2015, 03:47:58 pm »
oword

ggw

« Reply #1909 on: November 03, 2015, 03:50:05 pm »
I'm available for corporate events or mitzvahs.

Yada

« Reply #1910 on: November 03, 2015, 04:04:12 pm »

« Reply #1911 on: November 03, 2015, 04:07:55 pm »
^^JULIAN NSFW^^
I never truly appreciated people giving fair warning about NSFW material until you paraded it.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1912 on: November 03, 2015, 04:43:10 pm »
Did my first stand up comedy set last night. Frickin nerve racking heh.
that is awesome
DFA...the board's renaissance man (well you need to write a book and compete in a nija warrior or ufc competition)

I can only imagine Jules is wishing he knew in advance as he'd be sure to heckle the shit out of you
Hahah! I work out but I don't think I'm there yet!

@Killsaly Yeah my buddy runs an open mic at Jackpot in Chinatown every Monday. They pressured me into it, so I wrote some jokes for a few weeks and promised I'd go in last night. They gave me about 5 minutes and I ran close to 8 I think.

@Julian Its funny, I've actually been heckled at comedy shows so much. Comedians seem to lock in on me for some reason. I've been a big fan of comedy for years and years and I never EVER thought of heckling comedians, but I've been heckled as an audience member and it's super fucking annoying. One time I was out at the Arlington draft house and the female comedian pointed me and my friend out and said something along the lines of I must be gay to be with a girl as attractive as her. I chuckled and she asked me and I responded to her question, then she kept coming back, and I jokingly retorted and she snapped "THIS IS MY STAGE I HAVE THE MIC SHUT UP, WHY DO YOU WANT ATTENTION" and I just thought holy hell what is wrong with people. Went to an open mic at Stetson's last year and the same thing happened where a guy pointed me out sitting a table with some lady friends and he said there's no way I was with any of them [one was my gf btw] and he proceeded to keep talking shit about me for the rest of his set until I said "This isn't funny anymore, you don't have any jokes and you're picking on an audience member who hasn't responded to your verbal abuse for almost your entire set" and he tried to fight me.... I just have a face that's easy to hate or heckle I guess. I just never really understood it. One of the comedians heckled a chick in the audience last night, but to be fair before the host even started she had to yell out "I don't give a shit about this show!" so she deserved it lol.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #1913 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:40 pm »
Comedians seem to lock in on me for some reason.
I mean, I'm not discounting there's a treasure trove of material there. . .
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1914 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »
It's funny the two of you aren't that funny on here. I can't imagine either of you'd be that good at standup.

do you really think that you can judge what a person would be like doing standup, in real life; based on their online forum persona? 

knowing julian in the real world, i am not surprised at all to learn that he'd done standup.  i bet he was pretty good at it.  and i've met ggw - he's a great guy and is indeed funny, but i can't see him on a stage with a mic (based on my limited interactions with him, but who knows what talents lie beneath...)
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1915 on: November 03, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

do you really think that you can judge what a person would be like doing standup, in real life; based on their online forum persona? 

knowing julian in the real world, i am not surprised at all to learn that he'd done standup.  i bet he was pretty good at it.  and i've met ggw - he's a great guy and is indeed funny, but i can't see him on a stage with a mic (based on my limited interactions with him, but who knows what talents lie beneath...)

Of course I don't think i can tell such a thing. It's all opinion and conjecture.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1916 on: November 04, 2015, 11:09:38 am »

Of course I don't think i can tell such a thing. It's all opinion and conjecture.
Tbh, I come here for music mostly, in the almost 10 years I've been posting on here I've only met about 3 people in total from the boards. I think Cosmo follows me on Twitter, I post some funny things on there. I don't know how to be funny on here lol.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1917 on: November 04, 2015, 11:10:33 am »
Comedians seem to lock in on me for some reason.
I mean, I'm not discounting there's a treasure trove of material there. . .
I feel like I'm not as bad as some of the other people in the crowd :\ but who knows.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #1918 on: November 04, 2015, 11:11:44 am »
I think Cosmo follows me on Twitter,
I follow Cosmo on twitter, mostly for the suggestions on how to drive my man wild in bed.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1919 on: November 04, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
I think Cosmo follows me on Twitter,
I follow Cosmo on twitter, mostly for the suggestions on how to drive my man wild in bed.

It's a shame those spelling jokes wouldn't translate to standup. Or would they?