Author Topic: Parenting issues  (Read 66306 times)

Re: Parenting issues
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 11:55:51 am »
My friend has a kid the same age who was also latching onto his parent's music (I think they're more into jam bands
Might have to call child protective services on them...that is the most heinous act of child abuse I've seen in a while

LOL, I'll take jam bands, and especially jazz, over some of the music that gets talked about on this discussion board.
I specifically left jazz off there...
and the music most of us listen to isn't actually approiate for young kids

Kidz bop sucks...please don't let your kids listen to that crap
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 12:07:12 pm »
My friend has a kid the same age who was also latching onto his parent's music (I think they're more into jam bands
Might have to call child protective services on them...that is the most heinous act of child abuse I've seen in a while

LOL, I'll take jam bands, and especially jazz, over some of the music that gets talked about on this discussion board.

What music are you referring to?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:11 pm »
As an adult, are you expected/required by your employer to do work at home at night beyond the eight (or more?) hours you put in at the office during the day?

if you work for the government, no.  

I beg to differ.....

i should have specified, i meant consultants working for the government.  in my former life as a consultant, there was a big divide between those doing public/government consulting and those working with the private sector .  those doing private were expected to do 60+ hours of work a week (one of the reasons i bailed).  on the government side, you were strictly prohibited from working any more than the 35-40 hours you were contracted for.
<sig>

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 12:51:01 pm »

if you have to ask you'll never knowWhat music are you referring to?

if you have to ask you'll never know

slack

bob72

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 01:13:29 pm »

This makes me think of that Portlandia skit where Fred and Carrie are appalled at the choices of kids music at the local library (think Raffe and the Wiggles) so they start a kid focused art rock band ala Sonic Youth circa the late 80's

"Who says a kid can't enjoy the guitar solo in a Dinosaur Jr song?"
"Kids like time changes and interesting time signatures."
PENIS

brennser

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 01:18:44 pm »
As an adult, are you expected/required by your employer to do work at home at night beyond the eight (or more?) hours you put in at the office during the day?

if you work for the government, no.  

I beg to differ.....

i should have specified, i meant consultants working for the government.  in my former life as a consultant, there was a big divide between those doing public/government consulting and those working with the private sector .  those doing private were expected to do 60+ hours of work a week (one of the reasons i bailed).  on the government side, you were strictly prohibited from working any more than the 35-40 hours you were contracted for.

Again, I beg to differ - I've never heard of govt consultants being limited to 40 hrs a week and in fact have regularly witnessed both Fed and contractors working 100+ hours a week in my time on this job - now whether or not they are only "billing" 40 hours a week is an entirely different matter

hutch

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 01:19:52 pm »

I probably would draw the line at playing Turbonegro for my kids... they have a lot of songs like "I want your dick in my ass.."....not that there is anything wrong with that mind you..

Its probably fortunate for them I am not into cookie monster metal
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:22:50 pm by hutch »

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 01:40:31 pm »
funny just saw this on the BYT review of the DC Brau 5 yr thing

slack

bob72

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:35 pm »

cookie monster metal
is that a thing? I bet killsaly knows a lot about it.
PENIS

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 01:42:33 pm »

cookie monster metal
he only does house shows and it gets announce via smoke signals at dusk
slack

killsaly

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »
Bob, you really do not know anything about me, but it is nice to know that I am in your thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:02:00 pm by killsaly »

hutch

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 03:19:52 pm »

cookie monster metal
he only does house shows and it gets announce via smoke signals at dusk

huh? that was SideBurnt and Bob72!

killsaly

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2016, 04:01:14 pm »
Oops!  I apologize.  It must have been because you were part of the conversation and I did not pay attention to who was being quoted...

I corrected my post.

bob72

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2016, 04:18:48 pm »
Bob, you really do not know anything about me, but it is nice to know that I am in your thoughts.
not an insult, just a reference to some of the death metal sub-genres you post about, cause I don't get death metal.
PENIS

Yada

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2016, 04:31:24 pm »
not an insult, just a reference to some of the death metal sub-genres you post about, cause I don't get death metal.

killsally is very sensitive.