Author Topic: The Groper Thread  (Read 103010 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Groper Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2018, 02:28:33 pm »
The one question that for me remains unanswered is who gave oral sex to who? Did he give it to her? Did she give it to him? Did they give it to each other? If he was the receiver, why didn't he offer to reciprocate? If that is the case, if I were a woman and a guy did that to me, I'd be pretty pissed too.
He performed oral sex on her and then asked her to reciprocate which she did "but not for long" before she said she didn't want to and he said "cool, its only fun if its fun for both of us."

Then he did a lot of super-pervy, not romantic, horny 18 year old stuff like asking "where do you want me to fuck you" and making a V with his fingers and licking them until she asked to leave at which point he called her a car.

Did she have an orgasm from the oral sex that he gave her?
You know, she did not make that real clear. I'll ask.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2018, 02:36:26 pm »
The one question that for me remains unanswered is who gave oral sex to who? Did he give it to her? Did she give it to him? Did they give it to each other? If he was the receiver, why didn't he offer to reciprocate? If that is the case, if I were a woman and a guy did that to me, I'd be pretty pissed too.
He performed oral sex on her and then asked her to reciprocate which she did "but not for long" before she said she didn't want to and he said "cool, its only fun if its fun for both of us."

Then he did a lot of super-pervy, not romantic, horny 18 year old stuff like asking "where do you want me to fuck you" and making a V with his fingers and licking them until she asked to leave at which point he called her a car.

Did she have an orgasm from the oral sex that he gave her?
You know, she did not make that real clear. I'll ask.

I mean, if she consented to receiving oral, and was into it to the point of getting an orgasm, and he didn't force her to do anything else, what is she complaining about? How old is this woman?

Space Freely

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:21 pm »
I just went back and read the original article.

https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

He's a douche.

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »
I mean, if she consented to receiving oral, and was into it to the point of getting an orgasm, and he didn't force her to do anything else, what is she complaining about?
She is complaining about his extremely boorish behavior including getting a mirror out of the bedroom and positioning it so she could see him pantomine rear-entry sex while asking "where do you want me to fuck you" and kissing her "aggressively."

How old is this woman?
23 or 24.
LVMH

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2018, 02:48:30 pm »
He's a douche.
Agreed. The kerfuffle seems to be many people think his behavior rises to the level of rape/sexual assault and others think its just terrible, boorish, douchey (non-criminal) sex.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2018, 02:59:12 pm »
He's a douche.
Agreed. The kerfuffle seems to be many people think his behavior rises to the level of rape/sexual assault and others think its just terrible, boorish, douchey (non-criminal) sex.

For such an ugly guy, he sure is a cocky, confident SOB. Not that such boorish behavior is acceptable from handsome dudes either.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »
He's a douche.

based on my understanding of the kerfuffle, you seem to have missed the point. to be fair, the point here is that women and men view things very differently, in large part due to cultural norms and expectations (aka upbringing).  so men saying "i don't get what these women are complaining about" is almost to be expected, since they're men and not women.

the #metoo movement pointed out how women, even powerful hollywood leading women, can be subjected to sexual harassment and assault; and society has covered for these men.

a step below this, but still on the spectrum of inequality of the sexes, is how women are treated in new sexual relationships - again, due to cultural norms and expectations (aka upbringing).  the message in the ansari case isn't that he committed a crime.  he didn't.  the message is that women don't have the same leeway in skipping out of an awkward sexual situation (for men to simple-mindedly say "well why didn't she leave?" is showing your privilege and lack of empathy).  hell, even what constitutes "bad sex" isn't nearly the same for men and women.  here's another good read on the subject.  please read through those two links for a better explanation.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2018, 10:21:04 pm »
I generally like Andrew Sullivan, but how is he in any position to comment on male/female sexual relations?

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2018, 09:26:42 am »
  the message in the ansari case isn't that he committed a crime.  he didn't. 
The message in the initial expose is very much that he committed a crime.

the message is that women don't have the same leeway in skipping out of an awkward sexual situation (for men to simple-mindedly say "well why didn't she leave?" is showing your privilege and lack of empathy). 
Agreed. But this specific woman in her specific accounting of events had absolute leeway to skip out of this awkward sexual situation. She is not without agency.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2018, 03:52:58 pm »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »
It became apparent a long time ago that Tarantino is an idiot who got lucky....put it this way: he is no woody allen

ggw

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2018, 10:27:06 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2018, 04:34:27 pm »
Steven Seagall.

Hey Julian, was he on your list? Seems like he should have been.