Author Topic: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped  (Read 126331 times)

Yada

Re: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2020, 06:08:46 pm »
Harris Teeter located beside Downtown Crown.

Walking On Sunshine

How appropriate.

Also, my first post in this here thread.

Ah, my local HT. I miss it. Was it well stocked?

It was empty of both people and anything of value... I ended up buying more things that aren't necessity vs. essential items but will probably be enjoyable to eat while I drink Other Half ipas from Downtown Crown.

Space Freely

« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2020, 07:35:18 pm »

Walking On Sunshine

How appropriate.

It was empty of both people and anything of value... I ended up buying more things that aren't necessity vs. essential items but will probably be enjoyable to eat while I drink Other Half ipas from Downtown Crown.

can confirm

Yada

« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2020, 08:07:16 pm »

Walking On Sunshine

How appropriate.

can confirm

Which part?

Space Freely

« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2020, 08:44:11 pm »

Walking On Sunshine

How appropriate.

can confirm

Which part?

The Harris Teeter part. And the IPA's part. Can't believe i risked my health for a gaggle of bananas and two jars of antacids. Hopefully, my wife has better luck tomorrow of Friday morning at our local Giant with a big stock up of essentials.

Best song i heard while at HT was REM-Losing My Religion, which seems a tad more appropriate.

My poor diet daughter has been begging to go to the grocery store with her mother (she doesn't beg to go with me because i refuse to give in to her demands for garbage food.) so she can nag her mom into buying a bunch of crap.

I'm being a good parent by saying only one person needs to go to the grocery store at a time, and it's not the one who had pneumonia when she was a toddler, right?

hutch

« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2020, 08:47:32 pm »
You’re a good parent but I don’t get what you like about Harris Teeter!! That store does zero for me.

Space Freely

« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2020, 08:56:48 pm »
You’re a good parent but I don’t get what you like about Harris Teeter!! That store does zero for me.

I actually never shop there. I just happened to be in the neighborhood and thought "Maybe they'll have some of the shit my local Giant is sold out of." They didn't.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2020, 09:32:06 pm »
Go.to your local asian or latin market. They have everything.

Space Freely

« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2020, 09:44:58 pm »
Go.to your local asian or latin market. They have everything.

No thanks. That's where this shit started in the first place.

But yeah, i did have a thought that it might be worth checking one out.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2020, 09:02:27 am »
allright Georgen!

burying Space's xenophobic seeming (or joke?) post....

Space Freely

« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:12 am »
allright Georgen!

I heard that the virus was traced to a food market in Wuhan, China. Is that incorrect?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26:07 am »
allright Georgen!

I heard that the virus was traced to a food market in Wuhan, China. Is that incorrect?

An asian supermarket, in the USA not same (or really even similar to) the Wuhan market that is at the base of this .... this is some Trump level "Chinese Virus" shit, that I am surprised you would take the bait on, but Space gotto be space I guess. Maintaining the character to own the libs.

hutch

« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2020, 09:28:11 am »
Space Troll

Just ignore him

Space Freely

« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2020, 09:37:54 am »
allright Georgen!

An asian supermarket, in the USA not same (or really even similar to) the Wuhan market that is at the base of this .... this is some Trump level "Chinese Virus" shit, that I am surprised you would take the bait on, but Space gotto be space I guess. Maintaining the character to own the libs.

I have shopped at an Asian supermarket before in VA (though not the Wuhan market that you've obviously shopped at), but thanks for the mansplaining. Sorry you missed the nuance of the joke, and not offended if you didn't find it funny.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:44:07 am by Space Freely »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2020, 09:58:47 am »
allright Georgen!

An asian supermarket, in the USA not same (or really even similar to) the Wuhan market that is at the base of this .... this is some Drumpf level "Chinese Virus" shit, that I am surprised you would take the bait on, but Space gotto be space I guess. Maintaining the character to own the libs.

I have shopped at an Asian supermarket before in VA (though not the Wuhan market that you've obviously shopped at), but thanks for the mansplaining. Sorry you missed the nuance of the joke, and not offended if you didn't find it funny.

seems like a backpedal to call it a joke now.  :o :o

Space Freely

« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2020, 10:06:28 am »
allright Georgen!

An asian supermarket, in the USA not same (or really even similar to) the Wuhan market that is at the base of this .... this is some Drumpf level "Chinese Virus" shit, that I am surprised you would take the bait on, but Space gotto be space I guess. Maintaining the character to own the libs.

seems like a backpedal to call it a joke now.  :o :o

Well it was 100% intended as a joke. Sorry the internet isn't as transparent as I'd like it to be.

Jokes aside, I'm not Chinese, but I think this person's comment on another internet source sums it up well:

Our family emigrated from China. I'm okay with Trump calling it a Chinese virus.

Ignorant people can do with that label what they please, but this virus did originate in China, which makes the Chinese label entirely logical and appropriate.

That said, the world has far bigger things to worry about.