Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 454403 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1140 on: October 04, 2019, 05:15:56 pm »
we should probably start an impeachy thread...
so other than we don't like to do what you demand we do....what would the argument against having a full House vote formally approving an impeachment inquiry.
seems it will definitely get enough votes, just seems like a distraction tactic from team trump
slack

« Reply #1141 on: October 10, 2019, 11:04:16 am »
I guess she thinks she's relevant and people will care

Tulsi Gabbard@TulsiGabbard

I am seriously considering boycotting October 15 debate to bring attention to DNC/corporate media’s effort to rig 2020 primary.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1142 on: October 10, 2019, 11:52:45 am »

I am seriously considering boycotting October 15 debate to bring attention to DNC/corporate media’s effort to rig 2020 primary.

Maybe her candidacy isn't but maybe what she's saying is.

nkotb

« Reply #1143 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:26 pm »
I do think the DNC's definition of a valid poll was somewhat dubious, but it's like they didn't make the rules for qualifying clear upfront.  Tulsi is a (admittedly hot) joke.  The only good thing she's done was hit Kamala's record...not sure she'll be missed.

« Reply #1144 on: October 10, 2019, 12:51:46 pm »
So this is the first I've heard about the AVR (automatic voter registration) push...but hell yeah, I think this is a great idea
in these states 2.2 million people have been registered since this started (2015 is first one)
and about 6 million registered voters got automatically updated (i.e. they moved or something so their registration might have not been valid)

this is amazing and I fully support...and I expect the GOP to come up with some memes how the founders were against this and by enacting AVR you'd be doing the exact thing Hitler did before gassing the jews

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-happened-when-2-2-million-people-were-automatically-registered-to-vote/
16 states plus the District of Columbia have enacted some version of AVR.
This year alone, AVR bills have been introduced in 39 states.

The last line is key though
both sides of the debate agree that AVR is not a cure-all for the problem of low turnout. As our data shows, many people who were automatically registered still did not vote in the 2018 election. Organizations like campaigns still have to finish the job.
But if they are correctly registered, it's much easier for campaigns to reach them and get data on that
slack

« Reply #1145 on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:10 pm »
More felons voting in VA! 
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam says he has restored voting and other civil rights to more than 22,000 felons who have completed their sentences since taking office last year."

What's good news is that Trump's aides and staff will be able to vote in future elections

This is a cool gif...as team trump keeps posting that this was the last election map
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:53:05 pm by shiny object ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1146 on: October 11, 2019, 02:06:08 pm »
The mostly-red electorate map is the favorite Facebook post from shitheads I went to high school with for like 12 years running

« Reply #1147 on: October 15, 2019, 01:29:31 pm »
I do like this strategy too
all these GOP twats are making suck a stink about Hunter...when ALL of them have boatloads of family doing the exact same thing

@KevinMKruse
Just today, I have seen Donald Trump's son, Ron Paul's son and Mitt Romney's niece speak out forcefully about how bad it is to use family connections to advance your career.
slack

hutch

« Reply #1148 on: October 15, 2019, 01:39:01 pm »
Hunter’s statement was idiotic down to using Trump’s “swamp” term...

Joe Biden is just one more person Trump successfully bullied

« Reply #1149 on: October 16, 2019, 11:23:53 am »
NKOTB...So are you exited or meh about the BernSquad endorsement (or BurnSquad ;) )
I don't think it really helps him at all, but finally he can say he has support from within the democratic party...is that a first?
I was kinda thinking that AOC would endorse Warren (she may still get the chance to)
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #1150 on: October 16, 2019, 11:42:22 am »
I just love this whole . . . well that's different and nothing to see here, when it comes to Ivanka.

nkotb

« Reply #1151 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:23 pm »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

First let me say that AOC, Omar, Tlaib and Pressley are, IMO, what the Democratic party needs to be if it wants to be relevant going forward.  They're outspoken women of color uncompromising in their views, have a moral compass that guides their beliefs (not some means tested bullshit) and are willing to call out enemies both external to the party and within.  I'd say that even if they hadn't endorsed Bernie and have donated to all of them in the past.  They rock.

So it goes to say that it jazzed me up, and not just because he's my BFF.  To me, it furthers cements that Bernie's policies are the future, even if he's old as shit.  Just listen to Omar's endorsement video about Bernie's 2016 run as one of the reasons she was inspired to also run, and then compare that to the Republican-lite rhetoric coming out of a young guy like Mayor Pete.  Who's more inspiring or more in touch with the working class in this country?

And it should give everyone beating their chest about Bernie Bros a reality check (even though we know it's made up anyway).  I mean, of course it won't...pretty weird, if you ask me, that after all of the bleating about his support being all white and all male, CNN questioned whether these endorsements are now too urban! But it's provide a nice little peek behind the curtain at the real motives behind that kind of lie, IMO.

But maybe even more so, it's made a really fun day on Twitter so far watching the usual turds meltdown as they struggled to either comprehend how someone they love (AOC) endorsed someone they hate, or downplay the notion of endorsements being important.

In my opinion, I think this a) further psychs up his supporters, b) dispel some of the myths and media bias for folks leaning toward him but being on the fence and c) not changing the mind of someone that already hates him EVEN if they love the Squad.  All around positive if you ask me.

Oh and don't forget, he does have some party endorsements already.  I'm sure Hutch would downplay it, but Ro Khanna and Patrick Leahy have endorsed him.

Space Freely

« Reply #1152 on: October 16, 2019, 12:43:34 pm »
Are you the guy Omar is cheating on her husband and kids with?

It's really going to be a sad day for you when Bernie dies of old age in about two years.

hutch

« Reply #1153 on: October 16, 2019, 01:24:26 pm »
I heard my name?

nkotb

« Reply #1154 on: October 16, 2019, 01:25:01 pm »
 ;D