Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 459549 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1155 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:04 pm »
I think it adds very little to Bernie but it helps AOC position herself to inherit the Bernie bloc support once he indubitably loses

But it probably does help stem the bleeding to the Bernie campaign and gets him a good headline so in that sense it’s helpful

« Reply #1156 on: October 16, 2019, 01:44:16 pm »
Ro Khanna and Patrick Leahy have endorsed him.
Ok yes, the other senator from his state.  Leahy has been in congress for almost as long as I've been alive (and I'm old as dirt), but a legit endorsement, I think I already knew about
Ro, had never heard of him before, but makes a good squad member at first glance
Still pretty weak dem party support in general and IMO is going to be a big liability for his campaign
So I do think it's less the media is trying to cancel him, the DNC definitely is

until now, the high profile of the Squad is good and I agree they are the next generation of the Democratic party with out a doubt
I do think he has to appeal to item C in your list, in the end, as that is his kind of voter.  Unfortunately, it's less about policy and substance when it comes to a lot of voters

I agree with your assessment of Mayor Pete, but we need people like that in the Dem party...just not for the top job
He's going to be a player for years to come and this is just good marketing for a long career as a democrat on the national stage
He should probably go for Governor
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1157 on: October 16, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »
once in awhile, without looking it up, i understand the basis for the name changes that you do. this is one of those times Mr. Vara. What a fucked up world.

« Reply #1158 on: October 16, 2019, 03:04:10 pm »
once in awhile, without looking it up, i understand the basis for the name changes that you do. this is one of those times Mr. Vara. What a fucked up world.
"don't play checkers in a chess world"
slack

« Reply #1159 on: October 16, 2019, 03:24:28 pm »
Some fun facts about Pete Sessions...ya know the one that Rudy's Fraud Guarantee Goon Squad was funneling money to get him to get Yovanovitch fired

Peter Sessions (R) served in the U.S. House of Representatives for 11 terms in TX 32nd District
He was defeated for re-election by Democrat Colin Allred in 2018 #bluewave

How's this for some bad timing
10/3/19, Sessions announced that he is running for Texas's 17th district in the 2020 election (note not same one that he served 11 terms)
10/9/19 Les and Igor arrested at Dulles and details of their financial ties come to the national spotlight

I'm really surprised that the Sessions hasn't announced he is no longer running yet...any takers on when that will happen

This by far is the best fun fact

In March 2016, Sessions introduced a House resolution to "recognize magic as a rare and valuable art form and national treasure."

This guy really needs some Magic now!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 04:05:34 pm by Ron Vara hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #1160 on: October 18, 2019, 10:49:33 am »
so can some of you get some snarky #AskAndrew questions in today
slack

« Reply #1161 on: October 18, 2019, 05:17:37 pm »
wow...in all the insane news this week  Tulsi went full on bonkers and forgot what team she was on

Tulsi Gabbard @TulsiGabbard
Great! Thank you @HillaryClinton
. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a ...
... concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and ...
... powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose.
It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.
slack

vansmack

« Reply #1162 on: October 18, 2019, 05:32:17 pm »
Even with that, she couldn't get any press...
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #1163 on: October 18, 2019, 07:33:48 pm »
I am no Tusli fan, but HRC's comments about her are INSANE. It's basically Qanon for liberals.

EDIT: I'll be charitable and say "HRC's comments that seemed to be directed at Tusli". I guess she could've meant Marianne...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:37:30 pm by nkotb »

« Reply #1164 on: October 18, 2019, 08:19:24 pm »
I am no Tusli fan, but HRC's comments about her are INSANE. It's basically Qanon for liberals
Not going to argue that

But Tg kind of made a fool of herself before, during and now after the debate
Her true colors are shining through

It was always appealing that she was a hot Hindi surfer from HI, who served a tour ....but the more she spoke the less I liked her
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1165 on: October 18, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »
It was a bright spot to me how she went after Kamala on her awful record but otherwise Tulsi's bad news. And its pretty fitting that she immediately ran to Tucker to air her grievances lol.

But shouldn't everyone be furious at Clinton for sowing discord among Dems and giving Trump ammo for the general? What about party unity? What about Vote Blue No Matter Who?  ;D

I am no Tusli fan, but HRC's comments about her are INSANE. It's basically Qanon for liberals
But Tg kind of made a fool of herself before, during and now after the debate
Her true colors are shining through

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1166 on: October 19, 2019, 10:01:43 am »
But shouldn't everyone be furious at Clinton for sowing discord among Dems and giving Trump ammo for the general? What about party unity? What about Vote Blue No Matter Who?  ;D
Not sure if serious, but this might be a real concern if Tulsi was polling at anything higher than 1%. It’s a vanity campaign.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1167 on: October 19, 2019, 09:12:17 pm »
Not sure if serious, but this might be a real concern if Tulsi was polling at anything higher than 1%. It’s a vanity campaign.

If she debated in a bikini, her support would double.

Space Freely

« Reply #1168 on: October 19, 2019, 09:22:54 pm »
Me: We can't have a president who just had a heart attack.

Wife: (What's the problem?) Old men have heart attacks all the time...

hutch

« Reply #1169 on: October 20, 2019, 04:19:39 am »
I think that’s crazy talk