Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 459313 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2040 on: June 04, 2020, 01:28:13 pm »
Please post links to these polls because I can't find any. She's always struck me as the favorite of the pink pussy hat crowd by not necessarily African-Americans.
Here's one (infographic about halfway down has racial splits).

Here's another (fourth non-italicized paragraph from the bottom).

Here's a third.

While I cannot find a formal article on this CBS poll from last week, here is another reference to AA specific VP polling numbers showing Warren in the lead.

LVMH

« Reply #2041 on: June 04, 2020, 01:38:07 pm »
as I said and proven by these pols, I don't think the black voters are particularly jazzed about Kamala

Also, I think Amy is kinda screwed in that she was involved with a case where she let the Officer who killed George Floyd go without punishment for an incident 15 years ago...I don't know all the details, but any connection to that would be a 3rd rail
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2042 on: June 04, 2020, 01:39:08 pm »
Please post links to these polls because I can't find any. She's always struck me as the favorite of the pink pussy hat crowd by not necessarily African-Americans.

Here's a third.

While I cannot find a formal article on this CBS poll from last week, here is another reference to AA specific VP polling numbers showing Warren in the lead.

That's interesting. She was well behind both Biden and Bernie in Presidential polling among African-Americans.

Would it be wise to choose a 77/71 age ticket?

Space Freely

« Reply #2043 on: June 04, 2020, 01:40:21 pm »
as I said and proven by these pols, I don't think the black voters are particularly jazzed about Kamala

Also, I think Amy is kinda screwed in that she was involved with a case where she let the Officer who killed George Floyd go without punishment for an incident 15 years ago...I don't know all the details, but any connection to that would be a 3rd rail

Blacks don't like Kamala because they also view her as law enforcement.

« Reply #2044 on: June 04, 2020, 01:40:43 pm »
women live longer and she's a feisty one

Ding, ding, ding
slack

« Reply #2045 on: June 04, 2020, 01:42:56 pm »

Correct on both Kamala and Klobs (who I like) -- this is not the specific moment in time for them. Val Demmings, on the other hand. . .
LVMH

« Reply #2046 on: June 04, 2020, 01:44:27 pm »

Here's a third.

That's interesting. She was well behind both Biden and Bernie in Presidential polling among African-Americans.

Would it be wise to choose a 77/71 age ticket?
I'm not speaking to the wisdom of the ages nor explaining it, really, just reporting there are way too many polls of AA's preference at this point for this to just be a fluke or pure name recognition.

Her appeal to firing up young/female voters is obvious.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2047 on: June 04, 2020, 01:52:00 pm »

Also probably doesn't help that she's married to a white guy and is half Asian.

« Reply #2048 on: June 04, 2020, 02:30:53 pm »
I'm thinking Val Demmings is a better choice than Stacy Abrams (who I think is great, just not sure everyone is on board with her yet)
slack

hutch

« Reply #2049 on: June 04, 2020, 02:36:40 pm »
Pish

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2050 on: June 04, 2020, 03:36:10 pm »
You heard it here first, folks. Phish for President

« Reply #2051 on: June 04, 2020, 04:25:55 pm »
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #2052 on: June 04, 2020, 04:32:37 pm »

Correct on both Kamala and Klobs (who I like) -- this is not the specific moment in time for them. Val Demmings, on the other hand. . .

...can also be viewed as law enforcement

« Reply #2053 on: June 04, 2020, 04:43:18 pm »
YEAH true, but I think she plays differently.
LVMH

« Reply #2054 on: June 04, 2020, 05:16:36 pm »
YEAH true, but I think she plays differently.
Yeah, I agree. 
Val is from FL...A big plus in terms of swing states
she is obviously a female POC
a social worker after getting her masters (in public administration?)
was a beat cop in Orlando who rose to the ranks of Cheif of Police (27 years of service)

but some not so great reviews... "a place where rogue cops operate with impunity" but may have had more to do with her predecessor

was one of seven impeachment managers...and has some great sound bites there
this is when people started to notice her

Demings has an "F" rating from the NRA (plus in my book)
Her husband was also a Chief of Police...is now a mayor

Seems like the Police stuff could end up being a little bit of a liability in this current environment

I do like Kamala, but I just think she might not be the best choice

slack